Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
The good news for justice and the bad news for Lynn is that he faces the real prospect of not one but two new coronial inquests

I’m believe the coroner has the power to look at several deaths in the one inquest if there are grounds to consider that they may connected. If that transpires Lynn’s jig is up.
But what are the consequences of an inquest?

Let's say an inquest concludes his plausible/likely guilt for both, what then?

But what are the consequences of an inquest?

Let's say an inquest concludes his plausible/likely guilt for both, what then?
Presumably the Police would investigate further to see if there is enough evidence to charge him.

What I was getting at was I’m getting a broad smile. Almost a laugh. But I might be jumping at shadows.

Shocking if true.

What do you think?

I really need more frames to try to drill due on this.
It's capturing a moment in time - doesn't really mean much. I remember in the case of Samantha Murphy - her husband Mick was captured laughing with a police officer and it went all through the newspapers, people condemning him as guilty based on that picture.

If he is smiling/laughing, we don't even know the context of what that's about. Maybe he remembered a funny joke 🤷

Agreed.

At that point this image was taken on his drive out, before he was able to clean the trailer down, it’s beyond comprehension what the tray of the trailer would look like.

Was it entered into evidence where he cleaned the trailer? It must have been covered in a deep layer of blood and gore.

In order to get a room at the motel to have a shower and leave the blood on the bath mat he obviously had changed clothes.

But he must have been a total mess. How she where did he clean him up to be presentable to enter reception.
I am pretty sure GL said he washed the trailer out at a car wash in Healesville.

Hi highcountry
Thanks for all the great info and I do have a question to ask.
Do you have any idea what happened to the children after Lisa's death? ie did they go and live with their grandparents in Tasmania for a period of time? I find it hard to see GL taking them in as he was working as a pilot and obviously not able to care for the kids. Did the children eventually move in with him when he started his relationship with Melanie?
Don't know if this has been answered already but I'm sure that I read that they are the children that were living with him and ML and and the eldest at least attending court regularly with ML

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if this has been answered already but I'm sure that I read that they are the children that were living with him and ML and and the eldest at least attending court regularly with ML

A poster by the name of palmbeach posted something on this thread a while back and seemed to have some insights. Not tagging that poster on purpose because I think the subject is irrelevant.

I only raise it as it’s been mentioned already on this thread 👍

When was it GL got stung by the bees and had the adverse heart reaction?

Imagine he would have operated some Jetstar flights post "Gatta before this happened.
His bee sting was a few months after the deaths, when police started looking into him.

His bee sting was a few months after the deaths, when police started looking into him.

Wonder how many flights he operated in that time? Thee were still flights operating despite covid lockdowns.

It was Dec 2020 when the police focused on GL as the suspect.

Wonder how many flights he operated in that time? Thee were still flights operating despite covid lockdowns.

I don’t think he was flying immediately after deaths due to covid and then police were trying to work out how they would tell Jetstar that they couldn’t let him fly without Lynn becoming suspicious and at around the same time he was stung by the bees so couldn’t return to work. From what I know he didn’t fly from time of deaths to the arrest. There was some mention in his interview of him doing some ground work.

Not according to the judge. The entire reason why he excluded the July 14 2020 police interaction with him at his home in Caroline Springs was that he was the suspect and not a person of interest as the police labelled him.

Think about how the police got there. Matched the phone ping to the rego snapped on camera, then turn up and see his car painted - it was so suspicious they took a photo of it. So much earlier than December 2020 IMO.

Not according to the judge. The entire reason why he excluded the July 14 2020 police interaction with him at his home in Caroline Springs was that he was the suspect and not a person of interest as the police labelled him.

Think about how the police got there. Matched the phone ping to the rego snapped on camera, then turn up and see his car painted - it was so suspicious they took a photo of it. So much earlier than December 2020 IMO.

All other possibilities would need to be excluded thoroughly before focusing on a suspect. . At the stage when he was interviewed in July 2020 he was a person of interest - as anyone who was found to have been in the Wonnangatta would have been and also likely would have been interviewed. Certainly he wouldn't have been able to travel up to Grants HA unchecked if he was the main suspect in a police investigation.

He wasn't under surveillance until Dec 2020. We know GL got up to Grants in Nov 2020 without the cops knowing about it. Safe to say Dec 2020 was the most likely time the coppers honed in on GL as their main suspect.

All other possibilities would need to be excluded thoroughly before focusing on a suspect. . At the stage when he was interviewed in July 2020 he was a person of interest - as anyone who was found to have been in the Wonnangatta would have been and also likely would have been interviewed. Certainly he wouldn't have been able to travel up to Grants HA unchecked if he was the main suspect in a police investigation.

He wasn't under surveillance until Dec 2020. We know GL got up to Grants in Nov 2020 without the cops knowing about it. Safe to say Dec 2020 was the most likely time the coppers honed in on GL as their main suspect.

But that’s not what the judge found did he? He even admonished the police for not cautioning him when they spoke to him. Hence the recording of the “interview” when he flat out lied to them couldn’t be included.

It’s a matter of record.

Just a normal, casual day stopping at the car wash🥴
It’s scary to think who you might be close to when out and about. Wouldn’t think the person next to you at the car wash had just had two bodies in the trailer.
I’m hearing ya, I live in the NE and he potentially drove past my house on his way home. After watching the ROÍ and his vagueness re where the phones were dumped and where the drone was burnt, I’ve had a thought that he may have dumped the phones into lake buffalo at the wall and the drone into lake William hovell or eildon, he could drive from chestnut past LWH to Mansfield through the bush!! To avoid anyone seeing him!! Why would you throw phones into the Rose river when you drive past massive lakes like the above. My thoughts

But that’s not what the judge found did he? He even admonished the police for not cautioning him when they spoke to him. Hence the recording of the “interview” when he flat out lied to them couldn’t be included.

It’s a matter of record.

The main problem is GL wasn't cautioned for the interview. That's a big no no in terms of evidentiary value.

The main problem is GL wasn't cautioned for the interview. That's a big no no in terms of evidentiary value.

He wasn’t cautioned because the police tried to skirt around the rules and list him as a person of interest. The judge said he was clearly a suspect and should have been cautioned. It’s that simple. By that stage the police had eliminated the other 11 drivers.

If the police have eliminated 11 of 12 and there’s one left, how many other persons of interest can there be at that stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back