Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Which is why I was asking if it's possible there were any business or other links between Greg Lynn and Mr and Mrs V. If there might be a document that had his name on it.

They were neighbours at one time, it's possible imo.
Does seem strange that the fire started in the office.
There would be no sense in destroying financial records, as authorities can search your financial situation and if it was anything that could have led to remifcations, they wouldn’t have been alive to face them.

Does seem strange that the fire started in the office.
There would be no sense in destroying financial records, as authorities can search your financial situation and if it was anything that could have led to remifcations, they wouldn’t have been alive to face them.
Perhaps they didn’t want their private papers to be available for a random relative, friend etc to go through? I wouldn’t want my personal information and private stuff being pawed over by some snoop dog smiling assassin rellies or smug acquaintances. No sir!!

I'd think the police might check to see if there was any contact between Greg Lynn and Mr and Mrs V after the death of Lynn's first wife, phone and financial records, money transfers etc.,

I don’t know the answer but can the police go back that far for those sorts for records? I think banks only have to hang on to records for 7 years. Unless the coroner as them from the inquest and they’re still available.

I remember when Bradley Robert Edwards was first arrested his brother came out and said it's all a mistake give it sometime and the truth will come out.
He might have had much to lose (reputation wise) if BRE was ever convicted, and it came out that he (BRE's younger bro) had withheld info on his brother from criminal investigations over the years, or assisted his brother in any way for any crimes he committed related to BRE's crimes (known, unknown, or suspected ones).

He might have had much to lose (reputation wise) if BRE was ever convicted, and it came out that he (BRE's younger bro) had withheld info on his brother from criminal investigations over the years, or assisted his brother in any way for any crimes he committed related to BRE's crimes (known, unknown, or suspected ones).

Or just goes to show sometimes you really don’t know people as well as you think. BRE was very good or very lucky in how he was able to avoid detection for so long despite the Hollywood hospital attack.

GL seems to be a level above that IMO.

I don’t know the answer but can the police go back that far for those sorts for records? I think banks only have to hang on to records for 7 years. Unless the coroner as them from the inquest and they’re still available.

Likely still available in the files I'd say. How thoroughly the financial records were checked, I don't know.

Perhaps they didn’t want their private papers to be available for a random relative, friend etc to go through? I wouldn’t want my personal information and private stuff being pawed over by some snoop dog smiling assassin rellies or smug acquaintances. No sir!!
Wouldn’t you just destroy the documents/computer?
Just seems like a drastic plan to me.
I can understand someone else might set the whole lot on fire. Maybe Mr V was hoping the whole house would go up so it didn’t look like a murder/suicide.
Who knows. We might never know.

Last edited:
Geez GL’s ROI has some interesting spots I didn’t pick up on the first go. Later in the interview he’s discussing how paranoid he was getting and he thought the police were using people in his orbit to prod him. This is in that June - July period.

He mentions the president of the little river raiders club taking an over interest in him despite him being a new member, his manager at work (who didn’t like him according to GL - sounds like a good bloke) and one other work colleague who was part of a 4x4 club who asked him if he ever camped in the area.

Maybe Mr V was hoping the whole house would go up so it didn’t look like a murder/suicide.
And starting with a room with lots of inflammable paper and possible boxes/cardboard in it might have been a spur of the moment thing.

And starting with a room with lots of inflammable paper and possible boxes/cardboard in it might have been a spur of the moment thing.
Could have been. I feel like if it was murder/suicide though, that it was well thought out and planned, not so much spur of the moment.

Could have been. I feel like if it was murder/suicide though, that it was well thought out and planned, not so much spur of the moment.
I would have thought that if a person threatens another person(s) with death in a serious conflict, and the person(s) subsequently dies, then it would be incumbent for the Police to investigate the possibility that they were murdered. But I get it that it was 10 years later and it appeared to be a murder/suicide. Maybe they will now look a bit harder.

I would have thought that if a person threatens another person(s) with death in a serious conflict, and the person(s) subsequently dies, then it would be incumbent for the Police to investigate the possibility that they were murdered. But I get it that it was 10 years later and it appeared to be a murder/suicide. Maybe they will now look a bit harder.
I would have thought that too but you’re right, they might have investigated and accepted it as M/S at the time and might look into it more now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Macedon Ranges Shire councillor Helen Relph (Relph) said the Viergevers were well-known as a happy couple who cared about the area.

Ms Viergever, in particular, helped run a successful campaign with residents to stop businessman Lloyd Williams' horse training complex Macedon Lodge from being turned into a private holiday resort in 2006.

"She was quite vocal in her opposition to that with residents worried about its effect on the area," she told AAP.”

Also mentions in another article that she loved horse riding but had to give it up due to arthritis.

Seems a fair assumption that with a horse and 3 dogs she was an animal lover?

Probably wasn’t keen on hunters.

Geez GL’s ROI has some interesting spots I didn’t pick up on the first go. Later in the interview he’s discussing how paranoid he was getting and he thought the police were using people in his orbit to prod him. This is in that June - July period.

He mentions the president of the little river raiders club taking an over interest in him despite him being a new member, his manager at work (who didn’t like him according to GL - sounds like a good bloke) and one other work colleague who was part of a 4x4 club who asked him if he ever camped in the area
Same here,like watching movies again it's amazing how much more you can glean.I've watched it twice now,dunno if I can handle a third-I feel like I'm starting to know him just a little too well ...

Ms Viergever, in particular, helped run a successful campaign with residents to stop businessman Lloyd Williams' horse training complex Macedon Lodge from being turned into a private holiday resort in 2006.
So their deaths might have been related to their activism related to Williams business interests?

In this scenario, maybe any evidence of this was destroyed in their study during the fire.

Greg Lynn a hitman?

So their deaths might have been related to their activism related to Williams business interests?

In this scenario, maybe any evidence of this was destroyed in their study during the fire.

Greg Lynn a hitman?

Haha no. But it sounds like she loved animals and voiced her opinions on matters. Can’t see her getting along with Mr Lynn, but obviously doesn’t mean he killed her.

this thread has turned back into 'button man' hysteria. lloyd wiliams did not kill anyone... except by predatory profiteering from pokies. but as we all know that's fine.
Police would have looked at this angle though you'd have thought.
As to who the V's might have pissed off.

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back