Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into this, I think it's an Aussie thing

"Intonation Patterns: Australians tend to use a rising intonation pattern, even in statements, which gives their speech a friendly and approachable tone. This can be observed in the upward inflection at the end of sentences, which is often referred to as the “Australian question intonation.
I'm fairly sure Adam Hills had stand up material regarding Aussies ending every sentence like they're asking a question.

I'm fairly sure Adam Hills had stand up material regarding Aussies ending every sentence like they're asking a question.
Dare I say IMO it’s exceedingly common with public servants. Particularly when they are spokespeople and its most notable when they are in BS mode, trying to sound authoritative with a sing-song ‘get out clause’ at the end of the sentence.

Maybe not a celebration, but a trigger. There might be no connection other than they were all known to Lynn but it is weird that the three separate incidences have happened 10 years apart.

Lynn had only returned to Australia 16 months prior to the Vs deaths.

Maybe not a celebration, but a trigger. There might be no connection other than they were all known to Lynn but it is weird that the three separate incidences have happened 10 years apart.
Sounds like their deaths also coincided a bit with his purchase of a new house & moving in with ML after returning from Doha.

All conjecture from this point forward, but
the way he seems to think and rationalise things (in my interpretation) suggests that in his mind, a “clean up” to tie up loose ends may have been prudent. It was just good housekeeping before embarking on a new life, free of the problems “caused” by his ex wife right?

In other words, imagine a quite self interested person - domineering, intolerant and vindictive - who has for years stewed over injustices* committed against him - narcissists are known to do this - now returns to the country and decides he’s not going to let any of that unpleasantness leak into his new and improved version of family life in Australia.
*injustices like neighbours having opinions on his behaviour, offering friendship or support to his wife against his wishes, maybe expressing suspicions about him etc etc.

You can just imagine the years of ruminating.
“How dare they get involved in my business”
“I’ll show them what happens when you cross me”
Lisa might be gone but there are still people he just knows are convinced he was involved and who have “meddled” before. He deserves his shiny new life as far as he’s concerned, and we know with hindsight, by his own admission, that he’ll go to extreme lengths to protect his own interests and general lifestyle - the suffering of anyone else is inconsequential, if considered at all.
Using that logic, why wouldn’t he just make it (them) disappear and move on without all that nonsense troubling him?
It’s not a leap to suppose he is one to dwell on the past - the paranoid ramblings from his time under surveillance, and hostile comments regarding the deceased suggest he long considers others responsible for situations he finds himself in, and whatever the outcome, he’s the victim, persecuted but righteous.

If he truly is as vindictive and cruel as it appears, the retribution angle - when you consider the alleged threats made toward them years prior - would just be icing on the cake for GL of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Mel’s tips on going to court?

1. Walk with your chin up down William St
2. Barge through any courtroom queue straight to the front
3. Sit at the front of the gallery and reserve a seat next to you for absolutely nobody
4. Blow kisses to husband at the end of the day
5. Make sure to come every day of the trial, even if you end up with 5 bucks from hubbies estate
6. Don’t rock up to court for the verdict
7. Kiss husband goodby for a very long time
Nah these seem perfectly reasonable for a person in her position. She has done nothing criminal and was going through hell.

Nah these seem perfectly reasonable for a person in her position. She has done nothing criminal and was going through hell.
Ofcourse it’s reasonable. Reasonable for a cackling hyena to laugh at the demise of an elderly couple and support a murderer in order to gain a piece of the estate pie.

Me too.! Guilty of having other things to do. I went back a few pages and picked up on the sudden attack from no doubt someone close to Greg. No matter how you spin this, loved ones will have their lives turned upside down but it all points back to Greg and it's also guilty of ignoring the real pain and suffering the Clay & Hill families have had to endure and are still enduring IMO. Nobody is a winner in this other than a dangerous killer has been caught.
This one "Nina" popped up during the trial (in thread Pt1)..not defending 'her' in the slightest, but i think she is close to/ friend/defender of Melanie, rather than Greg...she's always been critical of people's commentary on Melanie/kids, with no defense for Greg, IMO.
At one point, felt it may have been one of the companions of Mel in the court, waiting on the steps with her, given some of their comments/complaints in here...

You can watch short snippets of the ROI or the 3.5hr interview linked at the top of this page.
Thanks Lady) for your help. I watched 'The Pub Test' one that has been used as the long-version sticky at the top of each BF page and I have found the "Healesville" washing of the trailer said by GL at 14:56:37, and this time correlates with the police version time (on lower left corner of The Pub Test version) at 35:43 of 3:28:48.

It is a bit tricky to pick-up the Healesville reference, because GL gets the order of places he stopped at mixed up by putting Mansfield last, then corrects himself to put Mansfield first, then Big River where he stated he camped the night and burnt the drone there, then Healesville (I did not hear GL refer to a car wash though).

I do apologize to everyone for my most the other day when I questioned the washing at Healesville.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back