Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where Lynn would have chosen to travel to if the Myrtleford Gate was open?

What I have noted is that RH's radio friend said he had discussed driving to Dargo the following day (21st) and had asked direction as he had never been there previously. Then media now say that Union Spur Track is 40kms from Dargo.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Union+Spur+Track,+Victoria+3862/@-37.3856781,146.9135802,34357m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x6b25e9d581888619:0x9c8007a84e93e1ee!8m2!3d-37.3370811!4d147.1531697!16s/g/11cjgcbcql?entry=ttu

View attachment 2051260
I’m not sure which direction he would have gone but you just pointed out something I didn’t know and I think is quite significant. If Lynn was listening to those radio calls, he would have known Russell and Carol were probably moving on the next day.

I’m not sure which direction he would have gone but you just pointed out something I didn’t know and I think is quite significant. If Lynn was listening to those radio calls, he would have known Russell and Carol were probably moving on the next day.
Doing a quick Google as I have no experience with radios, but it looks like a radio scanner can be used to monitor multiple frequencies including HAM radios (which I think was what Hill used). Anyone with knowledge like to comment?

Doing a quick Google as I have no experience with radios, but it looks like a radio scanner can be used to monitor multiple frequencies including HAM radios (which I think was what Hill used). Anyone with knowledge like to comment?
50 metres away on a still night in an open space kilometres away from any traffic noise or the background noise of human habitation

If the Ham radio user was having transmission and reception difficulties the volume of the radio would be turned up and the user would be speaking loudly and clearly

Dunno if he would need a scanner to hear every word (especially if he turned his car stereo down :D)

I don’t know anything much about guns but I think if CC’s head was blown off, then how close was that gun to her head. So glad her killer was convicted.

Even if you believe Lynn’s BS story it was approx 3-4 meters max. With that type of munition anything around that or less is practically point-blank.

50 metres away on a still night in an open space kilometres away from any traffic noise or the background noise of human habitation

If the Ham radio user was having transmission and reception difficulties the volume of the radio would be turned up and the user would be speaking loudly and clearly

Dunno if he would need a scanner to hear every word (especially if he turned his car stereo down :D)
I just wondered if he took an interest in listening to the radio transmissions of aircraft, emergency services and naturally if he was near a HF radio enthusiast, he might listen in to that too. Not much else to do when you are camping alone.

I know a lot of people have scanners just to find out what's happening in their local area.

Ruling #1 from Croucher. Had the cops just cautioned Lynn on the 14/7 visit to his house I’m convinced he still would have given the written statement and agreed to be recorded.

It was a fine line they were treading. Didn’t go their way but that in front of a jury would have been interesting.

Ruling #1 from Croucher. Had the cops just cautioned Lynn on the 14/7 visit to his house I’m convinced he still would have given the written statement and agreed to be recorded.

It was a fine line they were treading. Didn’t go their way but that in front of a jury would have been interesting.
I respectfully disagree. In Melbourne he would have had immediate personal access to experienced legal representative; and that would have made it likely the 14th July interview would have taken place at a later convenient date and time so his legal rep was present.

The handheld speaker/microphone was attached near the centre console of RH vehicle cabin which may have forced him/CC to be seated in his vehicle with the doors closed for private conversation.

I may be wrong — I often am — but I'm not sure these images have been seen widely, if at all, before.

Others may find some new details; the only thing of note that I can see are the binoculars on the dash. Which may or may not have been in the same position when captured by the roadside cameras as he fled the scene.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.21.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.21.27 PM.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.23.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.23.01 PM.png
    983.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.22.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.22.34 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.22.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.22.15 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.21.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.21.51 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
I may be wrong — I often am — but I'm not sure these images have been seen widely, if at all, before.

Others may find some new details; the only thing of note that I can see are the binoculars on the dash. Which may or may not have been in the same position when captured by the roadside cameras as he fled the scene.

Looks like a great 4x4 project. Must be some forums to discuss it. Wonder if the owner discussed it on those forums.

Sounds like their deaths also coincided a bit with his purchase of a new house & moving in with ML after returning from Doha.

All conjecture from this point forward, but
the way he seems to think and rationalise things (in my interpretation) suggests that in his mind, a “clean up” to tie up loose ends may have been prudent. It was just good housekeeping before embarking on a new life, free of the problems “caused” by his ex wife right?

In other words, imagine a quite self interested person - domineering, intolerant and vindictive - who has for years stewed over injustices* committed against him - narcissists are known to do this - now returns to the country and decides he’s not going to let any of that unpleasantness leak into his new and improved version of family life in Australia.
*injustices like neighbours having opinions on his behaviour, offering friendship or support to his wife against his wishes, maybe expressing suspicions about him etc etc.

You can just imagine the years of ruminating.
“How dare they get involved in my business”
“I’ll show them what happens when you cross me”
Lisa might be gone but there are still people he just knows are convinced he was involved and who have “meddled” before. He deserves his shiny new life as far as he’s concerned, and we know with hindsight, by his own admission, that he’ll go to extreme lengths to protect his own interests and general lifestyle - the suffering of anyone else is inconsequential, if considered at all.
Using that logic, why wouldn’t he just make it (them) disappear and move on without all that nonsense troubling him?
It’s not a leap to suppose he is one to dwell on the past - the paranoid ramblings from his time under surveillance, and hostile comments regarding the deceased suggest he long considers others responsible for situations he finds himself in, and whatever the outcome, he’s the victim, persecuted but righteous.

If he truly is as vindictive and cruel as it appears, the retribution angle - when you consider the alleged threats made toward them years prior - would just be icing on the cake for GL of course.

To my mind, if Lynn was involved, it was revenge.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ask anyone who was close to Lisa - they will say the same thing.

To kill her pet pig. To tie her up and hose her down in the middle of night is an anger that has no bounds.

Some have speculated that their deaths may have been related to incriminating evidence that they might have held in the office or a safe about Lisa’s death.

I can’t imagine if they had, say a tape from an answering machine with threats to Lisa, that they had kept this from the police at the time of her death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my mind, if Lynn was involved, it was revenge.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ask anyone who was close to Lisa - they will say the same thing.

To kill her pet pig. To tie her up and hose her down in the middle of night is an anger that has no bounds.

Some have speculated that their deaths may have been related to incriminating evidence that they might have held in the office or a safe about Lisa’s death.

I can’t imagine if they had, say a tape from an answering machine with threats to Lisa, that they had kept this from the police at the time of her death.

This is wild. You’ve made some bold claims before surely you’ve got some meat on the bones with these ones

Dunno. Ask highcountry . They are the authority on GL.

I thought about this long and hard since Lynn was arrested.

The mind set of a pilot is different. They are wired differently. They have to be.

Their wings are not just another pay check. Their wings provide a God like status not just in the air, but out in the generally community, with their neighbours and extended networks. Most spend their entire lives - from a young kid - pursuing their dream.

It is a tough, hard and expensive slog. But the rewards - up to 350k a year are huge.

That very first job where a pilot enters the industry is of such importance, as so much hangs on it, along with expectations of family and friends, that for Lynn to fail his RAAF flight training and then by his own admission be asked to leave, must have been the most crushing and humiliating blow.

My best guess is that this might have been such a traumatic event for him that it may well have been a trigger for what came later and influenced how he reacted under different situations.

For a pilot to lose their wings once would be a life altering blow. But Lynn lost them again after 9/11 and Ansett collapsing.

To go through that twice would test the sanity of most normal people. As many have remarked Lynn is odd. God knows how this screwed with his brain.

Lynn also stated that he tried to cover up what happened to hill and clay because of the threat to his flying career.

In years to come, when the full story is told, I think what happened at RAAF will loom large.

The mind set of a pilot is different. They are wired differently. They have to be.

Their wings are not just another pay check. Their wings provide a God like status not just in the air, but out in the generally community, with their neighbours and extended networks. Most spend their entire lives - from a young kid - pursuing their dream.

It is a tough, hard and expensive slog. But the rewards - up to 350k a year are huge.

That very first job where a pilot enters the industry is of such importance, as so much hangs on it, along with expectations of family and friends, that for Lynn to fail his RAAF flight training and then by his own admission be asked to leave, must have been the most crushing and humiliating blow.

My best guess is that this might have been such a traumatic event for him that it may well have been a trigger for what came later and influenced how he reacted under different situations.

For a pilot to lose their wings once would be a life altering blow. But Lynn lost them again after 9/11 and Ansett collapsing.

To go through that twice would test the sanity of most normal people. As many have remarked Lynn is odd. God knows how this screwed with his brain.

Lynn also stated that he tried to cover up what happened to hill and clay because of the threat to his flying career.

In years to come, when the full story is told, I think what happened at RAAF will loom large.

Any verifiable evidence to back any of this up or just your conjecture? You also made another claim you said you’d prove. Any news on that?

Looks like a great 4x4 project. Must be some forums to discuss it. Wonder if the owner discussed it on those forums.
The only thing that I can see is a High Lift jack, which can be used as a mechanical winch if need be.

Could be used to move the something into a trailer. Lot of work, because each movement of the jack as a winch only moves the jack head about 50 mm The jack is maybe 1200 mm long?

Very dangerous to use though, and most hard core 4X4's ditch them for an electric winch or a Tifor style manual one, which is still hard work but a lot safer

But neither one gives the same impression as "I'm hard core", along with the water tube, the shovel and the High Lift jack bolted to the roof rack.

See a lot of them on 4X4's with "P" plates

Compare it to Hill's rig which was perfectly set up for bush travel and camping at a significant extra cost

Addendum. I think he has cage for a fuel can on the back of the rig as well. I know Patrols use a fair bit of fuel, but 10 litres on the back increases your range by only an hour or so at the most. Better to plan your trip and refuel at any opportunity

As you suggested a "Larper"?

Last edited:
Any verifiable evidence to back any of this up or just your conjecture? You also made another claim you said you’d prove. Any news on that?

I'd take the silence as a no to go any further with it on this forum.

Unless Kurve says otherwise.

Although I admit I'm curious to hear exactly what he did at work that would get a normal person fired but for whatever reason he never got fired and was able to keep his job.

I actually wonder now the reason for him leaving the RAAF...I have a couple of acquaintances who are long-standing Qan/Jester Captains, and to reach the level of Check Captain is not trivial, nor indicative of mediocre flight ability...whilst they do not know Lynn personally, they know enough based upon normal workplace chatter.🤔
One of my school buddies is a long time RAAF fighter pilot, and has been his lifelong mission from when we started high school, and has said the flight training is rigourous in not only flying aptitude and skill, but also heavily weighted in the disciplines of decision making under pressure, mental and psychological robustness.
Given there seems to be no doubt about his later Commercial flying aptitude, one must consider the reasons for him "failing flight training" may encompass those decision making aspects, or those of mental robustness....
Certainly what has transpired has proven he is "wired different to most", and arguably wired different to most pilots too?

I actually wonder now the reason for him leaving the RAAF...I have a couple of acquaintances who are long-standing Qan/Jester Captains, and to reach the level of Check Captain is not trivial, nor indicative of mediocre flight ability...whilst they do not know Lynn personally, they know enough based upon normal workplace chatter.🤔
One of my school buddies is a long time RAAF fighter pilot, and has been his lifelong mission from when we started high school, and has said the flight training is rigourous in not only flying aptitude and skill, but also heavily weighted in the disciplines of decision making under pressure, mental and psychological robustness.
Given there seems to be no doubt about his later Commercial flying aptitude, one must consider the reasons for him "failing flight training" may encompass those decision making aspects, or those of mental robustness....
Certainly what has transpired has proven he is "wired different to most", and arguably wired different to most pilots too?
And one of the qualities required for 'Top Guns' is acceptance of orders given without question.
I can't see that as being one of GL's strengths and that, would alone rule him out.

Many of us during our lifetime have faced crushing defeats, bitter disappointments, loss of face with our families and friends, and anxiety inducing set backs. In spite of this, we have not turned into inhumane and dangerous personalities, keen to shoot the bejabbers out of strangers and wipe out any trace of their lives once lived, to the point that they might never have existed on this planet.

Even the skeletons of the wild animals dead from drought are left alone to bleach in the sun as a memory they once lived and had a place in society. They contributed. They mattered.

If we all acted like Lynn because we have faced extreme upheaval and personal crises brought on by unfair and unpredictable circumstances, then society would be severely threatened.

Look at Charlie Teo. Battered and bruised and humiliated by his colleagues and the community. A brilliant mind. He retaliated against bitter defeat by rising again to relocate overseas and save the lives of many who are deemed inoperable and who otherwise are doomed. He admitted he made mistakes. He atoned and fought back.

Lynn may well have suffered anguish and disappointment from humiliating events in his lifetime but that doesn’t excuse him from obliterating the very existence of two people who did not deserve to be horrifically murdered for no good reason.

It was reported GL had recently purchased night vision binoculars prior to March 2020. Nothing unusual about that or even having ordinary vision binoculars in a vehicle IMO.

Last edited:

If GL had succeeded with the fighter pilot training 1985 to 1995 he more likely would have been retired way before the time he would have been retired being involved in the 'outside' airline industry. I would imagine his psych reports would have best suited employment in the airline industry. Fighter pilots are trained to destroy and airline pilots are trained to save.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back