Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Did you see the police interview when he was telling the police this?
So sheepish as though he knew it was unbelievable,

Where has the police interview been posted?

How would he know he broke RH’s wrist?

Does he carry an X-ray? Oh that’s right, probably checked the bones, while he was toasting marshmallows.
He was too busy adding wood to the fire and stoking and turning the bodies
Where has the police interview been posted?
I’ve seen it somewhere but don’t think it was on here. I’ll try and find it.

GL blocked a swinging blade? So in addition to being a top gun airline pilot, he’s a Krav Maga black belt, Delta Force operator is he?

The guy is a world class bullshit artist. Talk about a Walter Mitty. IMO.
It is obvious he has an extremely high opinion of himself. Watching the ROI was hilarious when he was describing his various manoeuvres/blocks and so forth. Which he revelled in repeating several times. Reckon he was a David Carradine fan growing up. Gotta give it to him he has a wonderful imagination.

It is obvious he has an extremely high opinion of himself. Watching the ROI was hilarious when he was describing his various manoeuvres/blocks and so forth. Which he revelled in repeating several times. Reckon he was a David Carradine fan growing up. Gotta give it to him he has a wonderful imagination.

Too many Chuck Norris movies/TV series

Ok, your kid is has just been in the shower. When you go in, the soap has been squashed into the floor drain. You say, "did you do this"? He says "NO". You have no evidence that he did it so do you believe him?

He is an only child. There are only two other adults in the house and he has just had a shower.
Burgeoning waffle stomper right there

Why would he have all four doors open? How did Lynn get past him with a headlamp on?

Anyhow, the way he's marked this up it looks like some kind of set up.

A set-up.

Now there's a scenario:

There's been a previous dispute over guns between the pair, threats to take photos to police, poor gun safety etc.

10pm.

Car doors open, music blaring, rifle unsecured in the car. RH takes the bait, goes over to the car to investigate the commotion, but instead of confronting GL or turning the music down himself as would be the reason he has gone to the car in the first place, RH decides nah you know what I'm going to take this rifle that's not stored safely and leave the radio blaring or not ask GL to turn it down so I can get back to sleep with the mistress. Utter bullshit right.

So RH takes the rifle and heads back to his campsite, stoked that he has got GLs rifle, dancing all the way to the tunes still blaring from GLs shitbox sound system. Think he even busted out the moonwalk and a few dainty pirouettes.

And all unbeknownst to RH, GL is there stalking him, baratham shotgun locked and loaded on CC.

'Put the gun down or she gets it!' GL says.

Etc etc, you know how the story goes.

But the points I was trying to raise:

RH didn't confront GL about the music, or choose to turn it down himself while investigating the music, the very and only singular reason he would have been out of his camp area at that time. Instead he chose to take a gun he would have realistically assumed to be safely stored and locked up at the opportunity of snooping and leaves the music blaring?????

Or even be a real prick and take the keys out of the Nissan's ignition.

In the odd event RH did take a gun, he may have well taken the rifle, as GL would have been in possession of the shotgun awaiting this outcome. And knife on belt he always carries for eating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun:

What happens if we can’t decide?’: Jury still split in missing campers case

The jury in the murder trial of former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn wants to know what will happen if they can’t reach a unanimous verdict as deliberations near the end of a sixth day.
If outcome of both identical charges can't be agreed upon unanimously it is a hung jury isn't it? Then ODPP will need to consider a retrial and what charges Lynn would face, is that correct?

I would love for someone to post a link to this I think most of us havent?
I’m trying to find this. Has anyone else seen it. Have definitely watched it but having no luck finding it again. Was only a part short video of the interview. I’m sure it was under GL police interview. Would they have taken them down?

They'll have to buy the prosecution story which is RH was murdered resulting in CC then being murdered as a witness. Remember, GL could have simply said nothing.
I quite often think about a scenario that didn't occur and that is if Hill had stabbed Lynn and he had died. What would forensics and ballistics be able to tell from the scene? Would Hill have been charged with murder due to footage obtained from his drone? Would there have been evidence that Hill had accidentally killed CC?

“Justice Michael Croucher reminded the jury that the prosecution did not have to establish any motive to prove an alleged murder or murders took place, and that the charges relating to Hill and Clay must be considered separately…

He noted that the question of motive though, might be a factor that meant the jurors were unable to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that murder occurred”.

No wonder the jury is confused.
Every crime TV show includes talk of motive… does this really translate up real life scenarios? A specific motive may not be relevant in some cases, particularly those who thrive on the ‘thrill of the kill’

In that case, ‘motive’ wouldn’t necessarily relate to a specific target. So with RG & CC could simply be a place of wrong place, wrong time.

For me, the notion of someone who has been hunting and holding a gun poised or using a gun for several days, has a very easy transition between targets… could be as simple as that.

Frustration, anger, view-finder, and bang. Then oops… ok, gotta deal with this, let’s start the action list and box checking. From instinct to cold and calculating.

I quite often think about a scenario that didn't occur and that is if Hill had stabbed Lynn and he had died. What would forensics and ballistics be able to tell from the scene? Would Hill have been charged with murder due to footage obtained from his drone? Would there have been evidence that Hill had accidentally killed CC?

Bit hard to film on the drone when in the middle of a fight for your life....

Every crime TV show includes talk of motive… does this really translate up real life scenarios? A specific motive may not be relevant in some cases, particularly those who thrive on the ‘thrill of the kill’

In that case, ‘motive’ wouldn’t necessarily relate to a specific target. So with RG & CC could simply be a place of wrong place, wrong time.

For me, the notion of someone who has been hunting and holding a gun poised or using a gun for several days, has a very easy transition between targets… could be as simple as that.

Frustration, anger, view-finder, and bang. Then oops… ok, gotta deal with this, let’s start the action list and box checking. From instinct to cold and calculating.

Problem with this theory is the fact that GL is a pilot - they go through ultra tough mental evaluations all the time. Also had a gun license with a perfect record.

Gonna be a hard sell to a jury that such a character decided to off an elderly couple for the hell of it.

Lynn says Hill fired 2 shots into the night. He's admitting there were 2 extras gunshots because he feared somebody heard and counted those gunshots IMO. :'(
There’s only one reason he mentioned this detail… And I don’t believe for one second that RH was in possession of that gun

Last edited:
From this aerial view from a different angle, it looks as if Hill/Clay camp (the remains of the burned tent) was where I have drawn the red arrow?

View attachment 2028403

If so, then Lynn's mark up of the area is incorrect.
The arrow part of the red marker actually sits at where Lynn depicted Hill lying on the ground deceased. You can see the camp fire the red arrow is pointing at on the aerial the police used for Lynn to draw his scene depiction.

Yes.

And can someone please explain to me how Hill managed to get back to Hills camp (40/50m) away before there was a physical confrontation?

It’s my view that if Hill had of got the gun (which I don’t believe), the confrontation with Lynn would have been outside or very close to Lynn’s car.

How did Lynn “hear something” and then Hill managed to get back to his own camp before confrontation?

Didn’t happen in my opinion. Yet another highly unlikely event. Seems to be plenty of events in that category!
The physical confrontation happened about half way between RH camp and GL camp therefore about 25m. RH would have been on his campsite side of GL vehicle according to GL description.

All depends what accessory GL had played his music on. If it was a cassette tape or iPhone or whatever, it may have stopped by time RH reached GLs vehicle and that is why GL heard RH poking around his car.

You’re missing the point. I’m not querying what the motive is. I’m suggesting the ambiguity in the jury instructions on motive could be leading to confusion and why the jury is struggling to reach a verdict.

Think about it. Judge directs the jury that the prosecution does not need to prove motive for the murders. And then instructs them that motive might be a factor in weighing up guilt or innocence.

I’m sure the Judge is correct in what his directions are but as a layperson on a jury you could be forgiven for thinking WTF.

And I wouldn’t over think it any event. What’s more likely? He’s some sort Dexter-type or thrill killer? Or just a hot headed, grumpy, middle aged man that couldn’t control his temper in argument with a septuagenarian?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back