Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 32 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

R v Lynn [2024] VSC 635 (18 October 2024)

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Not that the details matter now but during G’s interview he stated it only took 15min to dump the bodies at about 8.30am however in court it was disclosed Hill’s phone pinged at 9.48am on Alpine Way. So, if G found the phone in Hill’s pocket after it pinged the item of clothing wasn’t with Hill. If I remember that correctly… but probably time to let the little details go 🙄

It's okay to discuss these things.

I don't think we've heard the end of this case.

I know a few people who work there, I should ask them what the temp normally is

We did have a pretty brutal Spring in 2021 in the area though. At the end of Sep was a big flood, then right at very end of Oct was the huge storm that came in and knocked out power for days (ours was off for a full week), and it stayed pretty damp and unsettled all through Nov too with another major flood hitting Sale and surrounds on the 12 Nov.

Looking at my phone photo library we had a wet and cold couple of days on the 19th & 20th, Greg Lynn was arrested on the 22nd, and it was definitely still cold and windy in Sale on the 23rd.

David Galbally KC expected same verdicts not split but sees it as the jury being thorough, thinks Lynn may still face charges for destruction of evidence and that Lynn's sentence will probably be light.

He actually hedged his bets and said it could be 15 to life. Not for me to argue with a KC but if GL got 15 years based on a murder conviction with these aggravating factors I’d think the prosecution would appeal.

Having skimmed the Interlocutory Appeal decision I think GL is going to have a very hard time winning any appeal on the verdict. IMO.

Not that the details matter now but during G’s interview he stated it only took 15min to dump the bodies at about 8.30am however in court it was disclosed Hill’s phone pinged at 9.48am on Alpine Way. So, if G found the phone in Hill’s pocket after it pinged the item of clothing wasn’t with Hill. If I remember that correctly… but probably time to let the little details go 🙄

Maybe the article meant to convey that Hill's phone was still in Lynn's pocket?

DDP vs Lynn This has been surpressed until today.

“Later that day the respondent was observed backing his car into the bush on the river at Bucks Camp.”
I’m still trying to work out why Lynn’s vehicle was where it was the night of the murder when he’d clearly been close to the river before Hill came along.
PS feels so good to not have to write alleged murder.

They have a pretty warped sense of jail house justice generally. He’ll be viewed as being low on the totem pole for murdering elderly people, case was very high profile and if he takes his current attitude into jail he’s not going to win any Dale Carnegie awards.
lol get a grip...theres way more worse scumbags in prison than Greg Lynn and he will probably end up with more friends in jail than the great Dale Carnegie

Probably not because a Supreme Court Judge already removed that option and that would be used by the defence. Someone with a better grasp on the technicalities of this might be able to flesh this out a bit more.

The Hill family must be very disappointed but there's no reason they can't sue his estate for damages in a civil suit.
No such thing as "suing an estate for damages" in Australia

No such thing as "suing an estate for damages" in Australia

Yes it's a very American thing. Also GL being acquitted on RH death and there being evidence RH was involved in his own demise wouldn't help either.

CC family eligible for victims of crime fund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it's a very American thing. Also GL being acquitted on RH death and there being evidence RH was involved in his own demise wouldn't help either.

CC family eligible for victims of crime fund.

By his own words, Lynn admits to firearms offences and to Hill accessing them, subsequently Clay was shot. Going by Lynn's own words, none of it would have happened had Hill not been able to access his firearms.

Then there's his disposal of Hill's body, the emotional and psychological distress for nearly two years.

Pardon, I'll clarify that.
As I understand it if the trial is re-opened via appeal there is the potential for him being found to be responsible for RH's death as well. You are right he can't be retried for murder once found not guilty. It is also possible for the DPP to appeal the lack of conviction on RH but they most probably won't.
Nah you are making this up. He is, and will always be, considered not guilty of RH

By his own words, Lynn admits to firearms offences and to Hill accessing them, subsequently Clay was shot. Going by Lynn's own words, none of it would have happened had Hill not been able to access his firearms.

Then there's his disposal of Hill's body, the emotional and psychological distress for nearly two years.

Good luck finding a lawyer to take it on. Huge $$$ with a low chance of a good result.GL was a acquitted in court, legally the judge pretty much declared if he is innocent of murder he is also innocent of manslaughter.

At the very least GL is in prison so there's that. Surely the families would be better off investing their time and money elsewhere rather than drag the whole thing back into court again.

Good luck finding a lawyer to take it on. Huge $$$ with a low chance of a good result.GL was a acquitted in court, legally the judge pretty much declared if he is innocent of murder he is also innocent of manslaughter.

At the very least GL is in prison so there's that. Surely the families would be better off investing their time and money elsewhere rather than drag the whole thing back into court again.

Why do you think the cops put a restrainer on Lynn's property?

That would be 'not guilty' of the murder of RH.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 32 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

Back