Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 32 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

R v Lynn [2024] VSC 635 (18 October 2024)

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
If what they had in the vehicle was audio, how did they know what he was doing? Surely he wasn't doing a commentary? And how did they know about the sun screen? Unless, there was video as well? 🤮

If what they had in the vehicle was audio, how did they know what he was doing? Surely he wasn't doing a commentary? And how did they know about the sun screen? Unless, there was video as well? 🤮

Tipping it was the twelfth man type of thing

If you read the whole article from the link I provided in a later post, you'll get more info on why they eventually decided to do it whilst they were in. Partly due to it being during COVID restrictions when there was a lot more staying in than usual.

What would have happened if they were caught in the act of installing this stuff? A phony arrest for breaking & entering?

They did get the conviction but it was a very very close run thing. And there’s still an appeal to come.

Hope the cops and the DPP learn from this and not tread such a fine line in the future. And use sunscreen responsibly.

It was good work. Justice Croucher had pretty much offered GL/Dann the opportunity of a mistrial after the stuff in prosecution closing that wasn't put to GL on the stand. They declined, thinking they were in a good position. Thankfully, they were proven wrong.

It was good work. Justice Croucher had pretty much offered GL/Dann the opportunity of a mistrial after the stuff in prosecution closing that wasn't put to GL on the stand. They declined, thinking they were in a good position. Thankfully, they were proven wrong.
Unlike most professions, Judges are subject to the very public judgement of their peers for their decisions .

They have a vested interest in getting it right, if nothing else to preserve their professional conceit.

Every single decision during the case by Croucher would have been made with the awareness that if he got it wrong his fellow Judges would be quite scathing in judgement of his errors.

Therefore he run a conservative trial under established precedents

Unlike most professions, Judges are subject to the very public judgement of their peers for their decisions .

They have a vested interest in getting it right, if nothing else to preserve their professional conceit.

Every single decision during the case by Croucher would have been made with the awareness that if he got it wrong his fellow Judges would be quite scathing in judgement of his errors.

Therefore he run a conservative trial under established precedents

Very true, this was a super high profile case and the stakes were high.

I believe Croucher played it perfectly. The issue of the prosecution's closing arguments not being put to GL when he was on the stand simply had to be addressed as a procedural legal matter.

Not only was Dann given the option of a mistrial I also understand that Croucher instructed the jury to disregard closing arguments that were not put to GL on the stand.

My understanding is this legal avenue is completely closed now on any appeal as Croucher afford the defense every opportunity to use it and that opportunity was refused.

I actually don't see an appeal being heard he was that thorough.

My understanding of the appeals process is that can only happen if there is significant new exculpatory evidence that is available (not happening) or the conviction was legally unsafe (eg Pell case). To my mind I believe Croucher has made this conviction water tight and an appeal will get no further than lodgment.

Last edited:
What would have happened if they were caught in the act of installing this stuff? A phony arrest for breaking & entering?

They don’t get caught that’s how good they are

Even if they did they’d have a story to tell “we’re just in your neighbourhood fixing a gas leak etc”

Last edited:
But they still got the conviction!

With the benefit of hindsight and presumably from a strictly legal viewpoint it removed a whole gamut of points that could have subsequently appealed and focussed the jury to answer the one simple question; "Did Lynn cause either the camper's deaths with the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm?"

When the next series of books, articles and podcasts come out after the appeals are finalised, the authors have better access to the Depositions to work through and can form a more deliberated analysis of the murderes's psyche

Of course, it won't remove the prurient need of observers to know the difference in SPF factors
Gee I love prurient, great word that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I love prurient, great word that.
Didn't choose the word for anyone here in particular *, but there's something inherently tacky about the sound of the word (licentious is another one) that implies a yuck factor with slightly sordidly sexual suggestions rather than sensual ones.

In a previous job and life, I was writing correspondence and reports.

Our boss forbade any letter to leave the Office that was more than one page long; we took great pride in choosing and using the exact word rather than a phrase or cliché

* in general though, possibly yes

Didn't choose the word for anyone here in particular *, but there's something inherently tacky about the sound of the word (licentious is another one) that implies a yuck factor with slightly sordidly sexual suggestions rather than sensual ones.

In a previous job and life, I was writing correspondence and reports.

Our boss forbade any letter to leave the Office that was more than one page long; we took great pride in choosing and using the exact word rather than a phrase or cliché

* in general though, possibly yes

Ok mate stop teasing the bell end you’re John Silverster right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 32 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

Back