Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ayi8FafCAAE2vv9.jpg:large

Made the AFL Team Of The Week for Round 17.
Was also getting pumped up on the various Monday night footy shows as well.
Go Schoey you good thing.

1333248159337.jpg

Third the applause for the breakaway from a few Pies players. What about his 40m bullet pass under pressure on the wrong foot*? Think it was in the 2nd quarter. He has some serious talent, the kid - I'm looking forward to watching him develop further.

As an aside, I remember a thread on the Bay where a Bombers fan compared him unflatteringly to a colt. I didn't think it was a bad comparison though - you could see the raw ability but he just looked awkward sometimes, like he wasn't sure how to use his limbs. I always thought he'd come on though, and very glad he is. Keep it up lad.

*Edit - just watched it again, was a bit of a mongrel off the boot but did go low and fast to where I assume it was supposed to. :D

Well Done to the Cobbler, I still think we will really see him take the competition by the scruff of the neck from about 2014 onwards. PLENTY of upside to him. Oh and the Bombers supporters think Gumby will towel him up this week. Beware Shoey, Gumby might play a game without breaking down and kick a bag on you.

i dont see why people comment on his disposal when he is in our top 3 kicks at the club, and almost everytime clears the ball from the defence. it is only because people are looking out for his faults and turnovers that make people remember his one or two turnovers. if you make a conscious effort to look out for everyone of his disposals you will see how efficient he is at clearing the ball from defense.

Ryan has been inhibited until recently by being given some daunting tasks against some of the best forwards in the game. And fair enough given his tender age. He is now playing with freedom, a natural progression with experience, and we are getting a preview of what a great player he could become. Clearly the coaching staff knew what they were doing all along despite the premature criticism thrown his way. I am really looking forward to watching Ryan develop even further from here.

I'll put up my hand as one who has unfairly criticised him. sometimes it is hard to remember how young some of these guys are, especially when they are thrown into the deep end like Shoey was so often.

This year he has shown massive signs of improvement and could yet be the stopper we need down back.

I would like to see him playing the ball a bit more as I feel when he gets beaten one on one he is too worried about his man and misses his chance to play the ball, but I'm a lot happier with him now then I was 12 months ago.

Beat Cloke in a few contests where Trav was just expecting to be able to throw him aside. Cloke has lost his pack marking mojo and we killed him with the third man up, but Schoey really beat him in the lead ups and one on one contests.

Love our supporter base too, no Bronx cheers at our club, instead you eat us all go nuts with applause whenever young Ryan wins a contest.

Yeah, he's got some areas to improve in, but his body strength seems much better and his confidence is high - loving his quick ball movement by hand and foot. Definitely a keeper.

Beat Cloke in a few contests where Trav was just expecting to be able to throw him aside. Cloke has lost his pack marking mojo and we killed him with the third man up, but Schoey really beat him in the lead ups and one on one contests.

Love our supporter base too, no Bronx cheers at our club, instead you eat us all go nuts with applause whenever young Ryan wins a contest.

:confused:

If you're saying what I think you're saying, I agree.

Be careful what you wish for, if we pump the Crows convincingly then I think we'll be on a roll and perhaps hard to stop. Your best bet is if we drop our bundle and play the sluggish, lazy way that we have been playing a lot this year. Then again, we could come out all guns blazing and find that you put us away anyway. Either way, it should be a ripping game and I can't wait!

Thanks for the quality contributions. We don't like many Cat fans but you have earned respect. Well done.

Our perfect scenario this week would be to see the Cats win a close one against Adelaide. If we win and Crows lose we will be 2nd. A big Geelong win will boost their confidence. A loss will mean they are extra pumped up for us. A close win means they have used their quota of luck.

Anyway, I think the Hawks will finally beat the Cats again, which will set us on our way to another flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect the numbnuts who wrote that will probably be proud to be quoted being numbnuts.

The Internet. Helping people Be Abusive Tools Since 1996.

It wasn't a bad article for a newspaper, but you're right - it will encourage the boofheads to keep on being boofheads in the hope they get quoted for it. Too many people would rather be well-known fo being a moron than not be well-known at all.

Anyway, Schoenmakers deserves credit and I wish him all the best. I am glad he plays for Hawthorn.

Just goes to show most of us armchair critics don't know shit from clay about anything football.
Um, speak for yourself :D
Good on Shoey - The body language indicates he believes he belongs and that means he will only get better as he grows into his body even more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back