Official Match Thread S31 Round 8 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

agree

where does cricket fall in priority order of SFA, swilling your favourite beverage with your mates, banging hot chicks (or blokes), having an afternoon nap, hair of the dog and cricket?
Banging hot chicks ....... to old for that and Mrs Ant would not approve. I would rather not sleep in the shed with the dogs.
So
Beverages
SFA
Beverages
Footy
Naps
Beverages
Working around the farm.
Hair of the dog
SFA
and what was the other one ?

In Australia? Nope.
Is for me. I lose interest by the start of Feb. Back when I played our GF was always second week in Feb. End of season trip Labour day weekend. Footy practice match the next week. :cool:

Is for me. I lose interest by the start of Feb. Back when I played our GF was always second week in Feb. End of season trip Labour day weekend. Footy practice match the next week. :cool:
Well that's fine. But cricket ends on April 19 in Australia.

Congratulations to GremioPower, who has been awarded the round 8 #ratoftheweek nomination.

#ratoftheweek - Round 8 Edition

Well, after some weeks in the wilderness, and then a week of celebrating with Rats past and present, it's great to be back in the interviewer's chair for another installment of #ratoftheweek.

The recent 400th game milestone saw a flurry of media activity, with one Rat putting out more literature than the late Clive Cussler.

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381.jpg

The Sin City media department has really expanded in recent times.

I made time during the past players' luncheon last Friday to catch up with the man who has brought a Brazillian flavour (but sadly none of their women) to the SFA; the one and only GremioPower.

Me: How did you come to join the Rats?
GP: Ant Bear is a very patient and persistent person. He was trying to get me in since I arrived at BigFooty. With the lockdown and without footy, I finally decided to accept his invitation.

Me: You've really taken this season's crop of Rats rookies under your wing. What sets this year's bunch apart from other clubs' rookies?
GP: They have me! :p

Besides, they all have shown a great qooty IQ when choosing to play for the Rats. I cannot say the same for all those poor newbies that went elsewhere.

Me: Is it true that Rat Fever has taken over your home country of Brazil? By which, I don't mean the Qoronavirus, but rather the Swamprats and qooty in general.
GP: Rattaria is a thing here, didn't you know?! Just look at this:

rattaria.PNG

https://rattariabrasil.wixsite.com/rato-twister-mercol

There is also a Facebook page:

www.facebook.com

Rattaria Brasil
Rattaria Brasil. 12,984 likes · 25 talking about this. Criação com foco em melhoramento genético/fenótipo, com comportamento dócil. Ratos importados de Portugal, US e UK(os primeiros dumbos/outros...

www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

We are taking the country by storm, mate!

Me: Could you ever see a qooty team based there?
GP: I would love too, but it's difficult from a cultural perspective. Soqqer would have a better chance of working here. Even so, there could be a Ratões-de-Banhado Qutebol Clube, why not?

Me: It was a tremendous effort by you to drive the events of #rat400week. How will you unwind afterwards?
GP: Yes. It has been a quite exhausting week, but the club deserves it. I will need to rest, of course; but it will be simple, really:

401B93BE-B2EB-4F7E-81DD-3F6E5F585B94.jpeg

Me: Do you ever sleep?
GP: I do, but you all are usually too drunk to notice it!

Me: Which club(s) do you see as the biggest threat to the Rats making it an odd numbered season treble (S27, 29, 31???)?
GP: At this time, it would be the Wazzas and the Dragons. I don't see Bombers and Wonders as a threat, at least, not yet. Any other team, I would be extremely surprised.

Me: What meals would you like to see added to the Rat's Front Bar dinner menu?
GP: Appetizer: Bolinho de Arroz

5181a5c1794f630f481eb318a769aeb8_bolinho-arroz-receitas-nestle_1200_600.jpg

Main dish: Arroz-de-Carreteiro
c63d235dda5c15c6abbd9ec854d13728_arroz-carreteiro-receitas-nestle_1200_600.jpg

Dessert: Arroz Doce
receita-de-arroz-doce-com-leite-condensado-9.jpg

I'm from the Brazilian Rice Belt and really love rice.

Well that wraps up another entertaining, yet educational episode of #ratoftheweek with one of Sin City's brightest stars. We look forward to your company again next week.

I love my cricket, but that's pretty f’ed. Should be done as soon as footy starts.
Sorry but Footy starts early. They get 7 months to cricket's 5 usually, and you also have to factor in COVID pushing the season back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mafs on tonight or is it safe to subscribe again?
I went the safe option, and went to my local pub for a feed of spicy chicken wings. I think it's safe to go home now, because MAFS should be over by now.

You subscribe? I just rock up to post five times whenever I remember this is a thing because f*** the footy right now.
I subscribe until work placement says hello, then im like midweek, wait i haven't got a match thread notification in a while and im like ooooh.
Im actually going to enjoy watching North this season. Season of dissapointment but I enjoy watching our future in action.

I subscribe until work placement says hello, then im like midweek, wait i haven't got a match thread notification in a while and im like ooooh.
Im actually going to enjoy watching North this season. Season of dissapointment but I enjoy watching our future in action.
I'm arranging to have all my teeth pulled out.

I went the safe option, and went to my local pub for a feed of spicy chicken wings. I think it's safe to go home now, because MAFS should be over by now.
I went to my local also. Actually im still there...

Do I get paid to be the merchandise magazine model?

And do I need to drop this recent weight that has been gained?
Paid in Sweet Dollars. Now they come with ND’s face on them.

The weight is part of the charm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S31 Round 8 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back