Official Match Thread S38, Round 15 (International Round) - Las Vegas Bears v Baghdad Bombers at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

You have tempted faith now, the Bears will now make it their mission to somehow **** up this week.

Would one easy lump sum payment from the South African government be enough to secure a win for the Bears this week.
Reckon I’ve got more chance of seeing that payment from Nigerian scammers.

I’m going away down South to Busselton in 2 weeks for a few nights , been a testing year and looking forward to not working!!
Nice. Enjoy. I love Busselton and Margaret River. A great time of year to go as well. I hope the rest of your year improves too. All of a sudden 2025 isn’t too far away too.

International Round …

Happy Lets Go GIF by Holler Studios

… in South Africa??

Angry Fire GIF by Gus And Sunny

International Round …

Happy Lets Go GIF by Holler Studios

… in South Africa??

Angry Fire GIF by Gus And Sunny
I could imagine that Chipmunk dancing to this like it's 2010 again

WA has proportionately more South Africans than anywhere else in Australia :)

Perth has direct flights to Jo'burg as well
I've never been though. Someday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You shield your eyes now… wait till he drops the soap!
I’m the least of your concerns, I still have nightmares when CursingFijian was allowed to shower with the team. I put a stop to that as it was corrosive to team building.

IMG_0516.gif

Scary how quickly the years go bye.

Have you got a trip planned in the near future?
I have nothing planned. It's impossible to plan anything at the moment due to my health/treatment and to be honest. It has been an adjustment as I'm a planner and I love having things to look forward to/planning my life out in advance but that's how it is for now. A lifelong friend (the younger brother of the one who got hitched in the UK in 2022 Chipmunk - and the one I am closer to despite the 3 year age gap as we are more similar personality wise) and also a cousin of mine are getting married in the UK/USA respectively next year and as much as I would love to go to at least one of them, it's impossible to commit at the moment.

If a window opens up there will be a local or interstate getaway somewhere that is booked closer to the time. The most recent last-minute getaway was to Cairns in August (and flights/accommodations/tours were surprisingly reasonable despite the short notice). The timing was impeccable too. Swimming under waterfalls and snorkelling the great barrier reef were my personal highlights.

I heard barbecued Chipmunk was a delicacy in deep Joburg
View attachment 2153329

As they say… when in Rome (except we are in Johannesburg! 🤦‍♀️

jedi chipmunk GIF

I could imagine that Chipmunk dancing to this like it's 2010 again

WA has proportionately more South Africans than anywhere else in Australia :)

Perth has direct flights to Jo'burg as well
I've never been though. Someday

I guess they looked at Adelaide and thought nah, we’ll stay in Perth 😉

Anyone else peeved that Nando’s stopped taking cash??

I love it but I banned it from a moral viewpoint.
I actually cannot remember the last time I used cash in Australia , or went to Nando's (anywhere) but I'm guessing it would've been in the prepandemic (cash) / pre-2010 (Nando's) .

And I also only just learnt that the original Nando's store was founded in Jo'burg in '87 (I would've assumed Nando's was a lot older than that, and founded somewhere closer to Portugal) . One for the next trivia night.

I have nothing planned. It's impossible to plan anything at the moment due to my health/treatment and to be honest. It has been an adjustment as I'm a planner and I love having things to look forward to/planning my life out in advance but that's how it is for now. A lifelong friend (the younger brother of the one who got hitched in the UK in 2022 Chipmunk - and the one I am closer to despite the 3 year age gap as we are more similar personality wise) and also a cousin of mine are getting married in the UK/USA respectively next year and as much as I would love to go to at least one of them, it's impossible to commit at the moment.

If a window opens up there will be a local or interstate getaway somewhere that is booked closer to the time. The most recent last-minute getaway was to Cairns in August (and flights/accommodations/tours were surprisingly reasonable despite the short notice). The timing was impeccable too. Swimming under waterfalls and snorkelling the great barrier reef were my personal highlights.
Hey I didn’t know of your health issues but I wish you all the luck in the world, you’re without meeting you personally a lady who I have grown to respect and admire.

I love Cairns and FNQ too buy the way and Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation are absolutely beautiful.

All the very best.

Ps. Travelling with Chipmunk would test my patience due to his love of nuts😂

I actually cannot remember the last time I used cash in Australia , or went to Nando's (anywhere) but I'm guessing it would've been in the prepandemic (cash) / pre-2010 (Nando's) .

And I also only just learnt that the original Nando's store was founded in Jo'burg in '87 (I would've assumed Nando's was a lot older than that, and founded somewhere closer to Portugal) . One for the next trivia night.
Well I’m glad I could teach you something. I will use cash as much as possible. It’s taking away our privacy imo.

It was lovely to meet up in person with the opportunity that we had 😊

Hey I didn’t know of your health issues but I wish you all the luck in the world, you’re without meeting you personally a lady who I have grown to respect and admire.

I love Cairns and FNQ too buy the way and Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation are absolutely beautiful.

All the very best.

Ps. Travelling with Chipmunk would test my patience due to his love of nuts😂
Thanks for the wishes, they mean a lot

Oh Port Douglas & Cape Tribulation were gorgeous. I only took day/road trips to them after basing myself in Cairns but if I ever returned to FNQ I would venture further north and for longer.

I can live with Chipmunk 's nut-love. It's the different music tastes and resulting bickering that's the struggle ;)

Thanks for the wishes, they mean a lot

Oh Port Douglas & Cape Tribulation were gorgeous. I only took day/road trips to them after basing myself there but if I ever returned to FNQ I would venture further north and for longer.

I can live with Chipmunk 's nut-love. It's the different music tastes and resulting bickering that's the struggle ;)

I think it’s pretending to hate a genre you clearly love which is the issue 😛

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S38, Round 15 (International Round) - Las Vegas Bears v Baghdad Bombers at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back