"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

If you take someone in the draft they may never play a game. May has played 10 years and he's never belted anyone. He's been suspended for mostly fair hip an shoulders and one bad one.

We probably would have taken the King kid who is 5 years away, again people would have sooked about that decision after the prelim last year saying the club doesn't take any risks and we needed a key back etc. 2-3 years from now Steven May will be the same age as Rance is now
Was being facetious with belting blokes line. Who knows what would have happened in the draft, I still believe we moved away from a sustained list management program we had been building over a number of years to try jag a flag. Last season just being another in a long run of opting to try pick up free agents. The Tigers did it with Prestia and Caddy etc. so it might just work for us. Maybe the club thought that the outlier "could be" players we've picked up like Hunt and Maynard and JKH and Wagners of the world were good enough. I don't know don't work there. Everything could come together next year, or we might never win one again. End of the day we suck this season :$

Was being facetious with belting blokes line. Who knows what would have happened in the draft, I still believe we moved away from a sustained list management program we had been building over a number of years to try jag a flag. Last season just being another in a long run of opting to try pick up free agents. The Tigers did it with Prestia and Caddy etc. so it might just work for us. Maybe the club thought that the outlier "could be" players we've picked up like Hunt and Maynard and JKH and Wagners of the world were good enough. I don't know don't work there. Everything could come together next year, or we might never win one again. End of the day we suck this season :$

Sure, everyone's an expert in hindsight aswell but I don't have a problem with the club trying to win a flag. It's not over yet either. We will probably add atleast 2 more top 25 picks to the team next year and we may well try and trade a future pick with a GWS or someone aswell.

Trading our first rounders has been compounded by us missing with our other selections for 3 years

While we were busy giving up pick 5 for May Collingwood got Jordan Roughead for pick 75. He’s looked great in defence this year.

Great? He's been solid. As solid as Frost
Langdon and Moore are the stars and Collingwood is a much better team than us.

Plus the May trade is 7 weeks in. Yeah it’s ordinary form he came back out of shape. This year is a write off, get May and Lever fit and hopefuly they have 8 weeks together at the back of the year to work on their synergy. Fast forward 18 months and we could be laughing at some of these reactions/comments

Sure, everyone's an expert in hindsight aswell but I don't have a problem with the club trying to win a flag. It's not over yet either. We will probably add atleast 2 more top 25 picks to the team next year and we may well try and trade a future pick with a GWS or someone aswell.

Trading our first rounders has been compounded by us missing with our other selections for 3 years
We all knew we'd find a way to Melbourne the season up. Hope May comes good as much as anyone. Hard not to be cynical being a Dees supporter though :$

We all knew we'd find a way to Melbourne the season up. Hope May comes good as much as anyone. Hard not to be cynical being a Dees supporter though :$
It’s fundamental. Being a Melbourne supporter and being optimistic about football are mutually exclusive conditions.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isnt it.. whered you have us finishing in that poll that was put up? Cause not many people thought we werent right in the flag race for the next few years. Thats including the 'experts' so wasnt just the club that thought our list was better than it is ATM but with so many off season surgeries and rehab we could and should easily bounce back next year with a few tweaks. FYI i had us 9th and still thought May/Hogan trade was worth it. Plus side this year is Frost is really showing something so should get 2nd best defender next year while Lever can get 3rd while fat boy gets 1st. Depths always gonna look like **** when ya got 8 players from 23rd to 35th on ya list all playing at once

Had us 9th. It was clear last year we had some big game plan and coaching issues,and out list outperformed I thought. After this year I reckon we wont see finals for another few. One thing, I know its impossible and none of us know anything about it, but we need to get some good assistant coaches, cause Goody struggling

Our injuries are killing us. Imagine adding the following to our side:
Viney
Nev
Lever
Harmes
Hannan
Preuss
J Smith
AVB

But it’s undeniable their is a disconnect between the coaches and players. Seems like our coaching panel have massively over complicated things.

Viney
Nev
Lever
Harmes
Hannan
Preuss
J Smith
AVB

But it’s undeniable their is a disconnect between the coaches and players. Seems like our coaching panel have massively over complicated things.
Deliberately miss fat boy May?

If you take someone in the draft they may never play a game. May has played 10 years and he's never belted anyone. He's been suspended for mostly fair hip an shoulders and one bad one.

We probably would have taken the King kid who is 5 years away, again people would have sooked about that decision after the prelim last year saying the club doesn't take any risks and we needed a key back etc. 2-3 years from now Steven May will be the same age as Rance is now

#baileysmith Gysberts2Bate

Viney
Nev
Lever
Harmes
Hannan
Preuss
J Smith
AVB

Another Harmes floating about on the list, is there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney
Nev
Lever
Harmes
Hannan
Preuss
J Smith
AVB

StKilda have The same quality of players out. Injury sooking is the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back