Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think we can make finals, but I don't think it's a list capable of winning a premiership anymore.

Our backline just got worse, we've got enough of a sample size to show that our mids go missing in finals, and we still don't have a star small forward recruit. Joe Richards ain't moving the needle up there.
I take back everything I said about Sam Gray.

I still think we can make finals, but I don't think it's a list capable of winning a premiership anymore.

Our backline just got worse, we've got enough of a sample size to show that our mids go missing in finals, and we still don't have a star small forward recruit. Joe Richards ain't moving the needle up there.
They were talking on Trade Radio the other day and they were saying Woodcock deserves another go at AFL, he's supposedly doing very well were ever he's playing atm. They made mention that he was only 19 when he was at Port and now he's a man.

They were talking on Trade Radio the other day and they were saying Woodcock deserves another go at AFL, he's supposedly doing very well were ever he's playing atm. They made mention that he was only 19 when he was at Port and now he's a man.
Just won the BNF for Southport in the VFL. We were too quick to walk him.

Yeah heard great things about him. When he was playing in the SANFL for us though he kept crapping himself in important moments. But he would have been 20-21 at the time.

Ken is at Port until the board becomes elected by the "club members".
Deal with it.

Kane wouldn't know shit from clay.

The people that elect this club's board have the responsibility for the whole AFL.
The best way to manage that is a strong Collingwood.
Hence the last week.
Just wait until some of Collingwood's older players leave and their cap space opens up to swoop on our free agents.

Ken is a symptom, not the disease.
The list is never going to be good enough.

We are now waiting for Godot while the AFL squeeze what they can out of Port's old school goodwill, while teal-washing the next generations.
We do we need some big "VFL is out to get us" conspiracy when our own ineptitude explains everything? The reason we "had to" make the deal is we desperately wanted back into this draft and we had to do that because we sold the farm last year to bring in missing pieces. We are constantly bringing in players to feed into the Ken-Hinkley-Least-Efficient-Gameplan-Ever ™️ We don't need a conspiracy to explain what is blatantly obvious.

Yeah heard great things about him. When he was playing in the SANFL for us though he kept crapping himself in important moments. But he would have been 20-21 at the time.

Wasn’t he pigeonholed as a small forward during his time with us?

Is a fully-fledged ball magnet now.

Apparently had 19 tackles in the VFL Grand Final lol.

Wasn’t he pigeonholed as a small forward during his time with us?

Is a fully-fledged ball magnet now.

Apparently had 19 tackles in the VFL Grand Final lol.
Yeah at AFL level, but at SANFL level was a mix between forward and mid. 70 disposals in his last 2 maggies games, but the problem is he'd never get those mid minutes at AFL level because he's too small and we've got too much depth there.

Yeah at AFL level, but at SANFL level was a mix between forward and mid. 70 disposals in his last 2 maggies games, but the problem is he'd never get those mid minutes at AFL level because he's too small and we've got too much depth there.

Gee whiz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade period is now over, we screwed that up, so surely Hinkley is sacked soon enough?

A girl can dream.
We got everyone we wanted and moved on everyone we wanted because of Hinkley Magic.

In the BK (before Kenny) area I would have backed the club culture and environment to keep a player like Houston given the belief and success that Port instilled in people. There are multiple examples where people drafted and traded in etc become a Port man for life.

But it is the cult of Kenny now. One man bigger than the club. You play for him now not the supporters or the club.

Won't be the last player we lose and very, very few will now be "Port men" going forward.

David your time will not be looked at or judged fondly.

You’d think we were Fremantle, the way certain individuals have been put on pedestals over the AFL journey, and a century-plus of tradition, success and glory has been increasingly brushed aside or relegated to irrelevance.

Our reputation now is dreadful. Flaky, p¡ssweak and brittle. All talk, no action. On and now off-field.

Literally nobody gives the faintest sh¡t that we haven’t won less than 10 games in 13 years. Or that we’re always there or thereabouts.

But the likes of Koch, Davies, Rucci and Wines stick their chests out like it won’t be forgotten by everyone within 10 minutes of Hinkley finally leaving.

It’s an extraordinary delusion.

Gollum GIF

We just need to work longerer for harderer...

*And I love hobbitsis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back