Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

is Donna gonna be there tonight

I’m of the opinion that she is actually a taxidermied greyhound and not a real person.

It begs the question, is he the number one most hated coach in the history of the sport at the top level? I don’t mean overall when factoring in the fans that love him, I mean the coach who has had the most vitriol fired at him because he’s so hated by fans of his own club. There’s no way he’s not number one in that regard.
I’m a Crows fan and always happy to see Port lose, but even I want him gone! The situation is beyond ridiculous. Koch using Hardwick at Richmond and Scott and Geelong as examples is misguided - try McRae and Mitchell instead

I’m a Crows fan and always happy to see Port lose, but even I want him gone! The situation is beyond ridiculous. Koch using Hardwick at Richmond and Scott and Geelong as examples is misguided - try McRae and Mitchell instead
The simple fact that the supporters of 17 other clubs.. and ESPECIALLY yours mate - all rejoice at every extended contract we've given to this cretin should have been warning enough to our club... But no... the guys in charge are just completely tone-deaf....

It begs the question, is he the number one most hated coach in the history of the sport at the top level? I don’t mean overall when factoring in the fans that love him, I mean the coach who has had the most vitriol fired at him because he’s so hated by fans of his own club. There’s no way he’s not number one in that regard.

I reckon the previous Raiders coach takes the cake. This guy had an entire main road electronic billboard sign saying he should be fired lol
If that happened with Ken he'd have a nervous breakdown.

Exactly. Leadership has always been the problem. Piss weak administration and diabolical coaching. All the problems being complained about here were all evident in the Williams years and a lot of the posters here suffer from short or selective memories it seems. Many were baying for Williams' blood towards the end but have now done some incredible 180 degree turn and view him as some kind of deity on the basis of the simple fact he finally fluked a premiership against a battered and sore opposition that had already bagged a threepeat and more than likely didnt have the hunger anyway. The arguments for getting rid of Hinkley are salient and valid but come on- at least have some objectivity. The main problem is that in the AFL world Port' s hisory and tradition count for nought in the eyes of the games custodians. They have constructed a homogenous competition full of franchises and dictate terms to keep it that way. They dont care about the diehard supporters.
Nah ... That is pure crap! The early administration of the Power were tough Port people who were battling against the odds. Fighting the AFL inequality, the diabolical SANFL ownership that sucked us dry, and fought the fight to get us out from that yoke, to self-ownership and playing at Adelaide oval. The current problems set in after Koch arrived, along with Hinkley. We had the sugar-fix the first few years, then the cartel has just infected the place.

As for coaches, Williams was a great coach and will always be a Port legend. It was just that his time was up. We needed a fresh face, and he was jaded and needed a break. Re-signing him was a big mistake, and ended up being ugly. Your take on him is pathetic! To take to where we were so quickly after entering the comp, was a great great feat. To demean the premiership like you have is ridiculous! We beat every team in the comp, not just a "jaded" Lions.

Just a P!ss weak post!

Nah ... That is pure crap! The early administration of the Power were tough Port people who were battling against the odds. Fighting the AFL inequality, the diabolical SANFL ownership that sucked us dry, and fought the fight to get us out from that yoke, to self-ownership and playing at Adelaide oval. The current problems set in after Koch arrived, along with Hinkley. We had the sugar-fix the first few years, then the cartel has just infected the place.

As for coaches, Williams was a great coach and will always be a Port legend. It was just that his time was up. We needed a fresh face, and he was jaded and needed a break. Re-signing him was a big mistake, and ended up being ugly. Your take on him is pathetic! To take to where we were so quickly after entering the comp, was a great great feat. To demean the premiership like you have is ridiculous! We beat every team in the comp, not just a "jaded" Lions.

Just a P!ss weak post!
Bloody well said... And that's not sarcasm.

Every time I check this thread (once a day or so) it has moved about 20 pages.

Can someone bring me up to speed?

We're not sacking him, are we...?

He was sacked 26 pages ago, this is just the after party where we debate with Geelong fans as to whether he was better or worse than Choco Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo got sacked, he was on 5aa this arvo.

Mark Robinson confirms he was sacked from AFL 360 amid sudden absence from season finale.​

Last edited:
Hinkley now has a new hero, Chris Fagan. Perhaps appropriate, given that the Lions coach is 63, and the oldest premiership coach in 130 years of VFL/AFL competition. Donuts is now 58, older than anyone else to coach a premiership team. This would have the refreshed bogan believing he's got five years in the window to win his first flag and after that, could break Fagan's record with a second flag. The actuaries, and the rest of us, would rate his chances of hoisting the cup once as precisely zero. Breaking history is hard, and way more scary than even finals. Daddy is not that sort of trendsetter, is he, though strangely, some at Alberton believe he is.

I'm doing a thing on the Bay reviewing every team for 2024. Trying to work out where I put us, and what rating.

Anyone got any inspiration for my Port Adelaide write up?
“Ken Hinkley’s still here. That’s a more vicious blow than anything I could say about Port’s season”

Don't worry people, Robo just confirmed that winning a Grand Final, reaching a grand final, and even a prelim final is bloody hard. Doesn't like the way people are commenting that Hinkley should step down. He's contracted, he'll give it another go.

“Ken Hinkley’s still here. That’s a more vicious blow than anything I could say about Port’s season”

Ken Hinkley: The Buzzword Whisperer

Ken’s vocabulary? It’s like a thesaurus on steroids. He sprinkles buzzwords like confetti at a New Year’s Eve party. “High-performance culture,” he declares, as if it’s the secret ingredient in grandma’s apple pie. “Strategic alignment,” he murmurs, conjuring visions of chess grandmasters plotting world domination. But here’s the twist: All the buzz, no monorail. Port Adelaide’s train never left the station, and the passengers are still waiting for their magical ride.*

Breaking News: Port Adelaide Parts Ways with Ken Hinkley
Adelaide, October 5, 2024

In a seismic shake-up that has sent shockwaves through the AFL, Port Adelaide has bid farewell to their long-serving coach, Ken Hinkley. The decision, announced today, comes after a string of preliminary final losses and growing unrest among fans.

The Diamonds That Eluded Hinkley’s Pickaxe

Hinkley’s tenure resembled a relentless quest for diamonds—an underground tunnel of hopes and near misses. But sometimes, even the most determined miners must face reality. Despite his impressive coaching record, consistency remained elusive. Port’s game style? As unpredictable as a kangaroo on a pogo stick. You never knew what you’d get—a dazzling gem or a cubic zirconia.

The Two Miners: Success vs. Despondency

Picture this: Two miners hacking through the footy landscape. One, Hinkley, got close to the treasure but turned around, despondent. The other? Still persisting, pickaxe in hand. Port Adelaide’s powerbrokers now find themselves torn between these two miners. Hinkley’s combative nature and candid exchanges with players made him an easy target. But was he the problem, or just part of it?

The New Voice, the New Hope
Port Adelaide’s brains trust decided it was time for a new voice. Sometimes, persistence isn’t enough. Hinkley’s legacy? A record for coaching the most games at a club without ever reaching a grand final. The players? Still loyal, but perhaps craving a fresh tune. As the sun sets on Hinkley’s era, Port’s faithful wonder: Will the next miner strike gold?
Stay tuned for more updates as Port Adelaide charts a new course.

Disclaimer: This news story is a fictional creation for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real events or persons is coincidental.

Exactly. Leadership has always been the problem. Piss weak administration and diabolical coaching. All the problems being complained about here were all evident in the Williams years and a lot of the posters here suffer from short or selective memories it seems. Many were baying for Williams' blood towards the end but have now done some incredible 180 degree turn and view him as some kind of deity on the basis of the simple fact he finally fluked a premiership against a battered and sore opposition that had already bagged a threepeat and more than likely didnt have the hunger anyway. The arguments for getting rid of Hinkley are salient and valid but come on- at least have some objectivity. The main problem is that in the AFL world Port' s hisory and tradition count for nought in the eyes of the games custodians. They have constructed a homogenous competition full of franchises and dictate terms to keep it that way. They dont care about the diehard supporters.

Nah this is a skewed way of telling the history. It's chalk and cheese between Mark's team's performances and the inaugural board compared with Hinkley and the current board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back