Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • monday

Votes: 39 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No sane club would change a coach 3 games before the finals with the side sitting first on the ladder. I can't even believe we're talking about it tbh.

I agree with that in all honesty, end of year is different but correct and hence the thread was half piss take

You might think its a piss take now but it could easily become serious if we are merely mid table 2025.

See the Sack Hinkley thread.

If he loses these last 3 and can't win a final he has to resign surely . Pathetic

Would then have 13 collapse

14 embarrassment
15 straight sets
16 hmm
17 0-6 and then flogged by cats
19 flogged by gws
21 lose to gws when should have won
22 embarrassing grannie
23 pathetic collapse
now this

How many chances does he get

I get you're all disappointed after last night, but in the real world, AFL coaches don't get sacked while the team sits on top of the ladder with 3 games to go. Don't be morons ffs.

Surely you see that no one says sack him today ? You can read that right ??

You can also read that overseeing a historic collapse, which would lead to an ignominious finals exit is what is being said.

It wasn’t sack horse after 2021 nor many in 2022 although many fans have been triggered by that, nor in 2023. It was the cumulative effect of years of struggling against Geelong against hawthorn when and weeks of being unable to “find a way” to halve a first quarter (honorable mention to the performance against st kilda currently losing by the relatively satisfactory score of 57-10) coupled with the likely complete collapse of this team this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you misdirect and misquote to suit your paper thin argument

Let me explain it to you so you can understand, my point was your standards are so low you probably think Noble did a good job

If Horse led the club to two consecutive wooden spoons, I would certainly be calling for his sacking. Noble is a ridiculous example. Horse has at least always had us up there. We've rarely missed the finals under him. He objectively has a good record. That's not low standards, it's just realistic. Most coaches would kill for Horse's record and longevity.

I'm as disappointed by the last several weeks at anyone, but I think this thread is a massive overreaction. To me, Horse has enough credits in the bank to weather this collapse. Replacing him wouldn't be the magic bullet everyone here seems to think it would be.

If he loses these last 3 and can't win a final he has to resign surely . Pathetic

Would then have 13 collapse

14 embarrassment
15 straight sets
16 hmm
17 0-6 and then flogged by cats
19 flogged by gws
21 lose to gws when should have won
22 embarrassing grannie
23 pathetic collapse
now this

How many chances does he get
King you know I think you are brilliant, but FFS.

If Horse led the club to two consecutive wooden spoons, I would certainly be calling for his sacking. Noble is a ridiculous example. Horse has at least always had us up there. We've rarely missed the finals under him. He objectively has a good record. That's not low standards, it's just realistic. Most coaches would kill for Horse's record and longevity.

I'm as disappointed by the last several weeks at anyone, but I think this thread is a massive overreaction. To me, Horse has enough credits in the bank to weather this collapse. Replacing him wouldn't be the magic bullet everyone here seems to think it would be.

Look that's all fair.

The reality is there isn't a magic answer , and we don't even know what's going on so sniping each other wont help so apologies .

But just frustrating to see a club I think has pretty good talent, well we saw what they can do, fall away like this to potentially an embarrassing fall.

Is it the coach, is it the players is it something else , conditioning , who knows

Surely you see that no one says sack him today ? You can read that right ??

You can also read that overseeing a historic collapse, which would lead to an ignominious finals exit is what is being said.

It wasn’t sack horse after 2021 nor many in 2022 although many fans have been triggered by that, nor in 2023. It was the cumulative effect of years of struggling against Geelong against hawthorn when and weeks of being unable to “find a way” to halve a first quarter (honorable mention to the performance against st kilda currently losing by the relatively satisfactory score of 57-10) coupled with the likely complete collapse of this team this year.

We're still first. You should all calm the f down. It's not the end of the world. Hopefully they turn it around on Friday.

That's stupid too. No way does he get sacked if we finish top 4 or even top 8. We weren't even on the radar in terms of a premiership before the season started. One might even say that the first half of the season was a massive overachievement.
Weren't on the radar for the premiership? What? In the Melbourne media maybe. The rest of us absolutely had us as a potential to give things a shake. We finished in finals and improved the list.

I don't think anyone expects the club to sack him tomorrow, barring a gf appearance (and not a 100 point drubbing) his tenure should be over .

We can't sit back and accept mediocrity. Oh well horse has always kept us up is a lover mentality. If you cannot win flags, you cannot be the coach. Only the highest of standards are acceptable. Minnow clubs are happy being also rans, we should not

The reality is, if you have tried various things to get the players up and about for the first quarters and nothing has worked across the course of 8 weeks, chances are you're not that good at getting through to the players.

The only alternative is that the players aren't listening / aren't capable of change.

Only a shake up in the coaching department or the moving on of some senior players is going to fix this.

He seemed to imply the players were the problem, when they coaches and players are all equally responsible
I tend to think a poor game or so = player problem; a poor month or more = coaching problem.

Every team has bad days. But bad months, with repeated issues and repeated failure to respond to them, suggests systemic patterns that are more concerning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back