Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • monday

Votes: 39 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not authorised to conduct a coaching search 🤣. I just know doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is madness. Also trying to redefine success when there is a clear prize (premiership) to justify keeping someone is bonkers .
Recent history has shown that coaches tend to most successful early in their tenure.

Horse is not early in his tenure.

Senior execs typically only stay 4-5 years in a job. There’s a reason for that.

Humphry B Bear would be a better option than Horse. Horse hasn't come out with anything that resembles an honest assessment of the last 2 GF efforts.

I don't expect in depth specifics but at least give the fans a framework of things that need to be worked on instead of bulltish cliches.

It's really disappointing that all we've heard is at least we were there and it doesn't define us.

At least Humphry would have more to say
Humphrey B Bear wouldn't have his pants pulled down every grand final day, that's for sure.

If you look at the last 3 Sydney coaches Eade, Roos and Longmire all were rookie coaches. Roos and Longmire were understudies at Sydney before getting the top job.

We have done well with rookies so that would seem to work and then it’s just a case of internal/external.

Internally - Cox
Externally - King, Skipworth were close in the Eagles run.

Experienced coaches if that was the path, not many but Dew, Simpson are an option.

Recent history has shown that coaches tend to most successful early in their tenure.

Horse is not early in his tenure.

Senior execs typically only stay 4-5 years in a job. There’s a reason for that.

I suspect in Horse's case it's going to get to a point where he himself also acknowledges he's run his course. His tenure has been pretty remarkable to keep this club so competitive for so long and to change with the changing list over time, but 4 GF losses in a row (three of which were over before halftime, and three of which were as the minor premiers) will take a big toll on him. I think he'll step down after the 2025 season.

I suspect in Horse's case it's going to get to a point where he himself also acknowledges he's run his course. His tenure has been pretty remarkable to keep this club so competitive for so long and to change with the changing list over time, but 4 GF losses in a row (three of which were over before halftime, and three of which were as the minor premiers) will take a big toll on him. I think he'll step down after the 2025 season.

I think if he was going to have that level
Of self awareness he would’ve had it a long while ago

He’s going to be dragged out kicking and screaming when he does go

I think he is a stubborn bastard which to be fair has often served him well. Heck as a player that determination ,stubbornness won him a premiership, as his body was falling apart.

He has also backed players into spots and left them there and seen things been successful .

Stubbornness is the wrong word- he is determined and want to keep going and doesn't give up which is a great strength until it isn't .

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back