Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is better out there than him though?

I have heard it’s his way or the highway at times

Is cox the right replacement as he has been there a while?

Be getting assistance from other clubs with different views like we did a few years back in pyke

John won’t step aside or be sacked so we look for other ideas outside of the club
Roos.

Toss everything you have at him.

Need a few years of defence first and see which instagram kiddies can hack it

Roos.

Toss everything you have at him.

Need a few years of defence first and see which instagram kiddies can hack it
At the very least an advisory role. Something that overseas game plan. Mind you I don't expect horse would be very receptive to being told how to coach after 14 years in the job.

If Horse goes and we win a flag in the next few years, will you denigrate them for winning with "Horse's team"?

Do you reckon our next will win more finals than anyone else in the next 12 years the way Horse has in the last 12?

Do you think Horse was on holiday the first 3 months of this season?

Will you be happier finishing 5th and a tight week 2 loss instead of making it to the last game of the year?

I'm not saying Horse is a flawless coach. I'm not even saying that moving on is the wrong decision. But the lack of respect in the way he's being spoken about by some is pretty despicable.

If Horse goes and we win a flag in the next few years, will you denigrate them for winning with "Horse's team"?

Do you reckon our next will win more finals than anyone else in the next 12 years the way Horse has in the last 12?

Will you be happier finishing 5th and a tight week 2 loss instead of making it to the last game of the year?

I'm not saying Horse is a flawless coach. I'm not even saying that moving on is the wrong decision. But the lack of respect in the way he's being spoken about by some is pretty despicable.

Who gives a crap about finals finishes, I’d rather Richmond’s 3 premierships and 5 years of mediocrity

I’m sure Fremantle are proud of all of their finals finishes over the course of their history in the AFL

Longmire’s finals record means nothing if he’s not capable of having a game plan that will stand up in a grand final

He’s paid $900k+ a year to win premierships and he’s failed dismally with some of the most talented playing lists in the AFL

There’s no lack of respect, it’s just an honest assessment of we’re the club is at. If we’re happy to give a job for life to a failure we will always be a mediocre club

The fact is he should’ve stepped down many seasons ago, that’s on the club for continuing to re-contract him

Who gives a crap about finals finishes, I’d rather Richmond’s 3 premierships and 5 years of mediocrity

I’m sure Fremantle are proud of all of their finals finishes over the course of their history in the AFL

Longmire’s finals record means nothing if he’s not capable of having a game plan that will stand up in a grand final

He’s paid $900k+ a year to win premierships and he’s failed dismally with some of the most talented playing lists in the AFL

There’s no lack of respect, it’s just an honest assessment of we’re the club is at. If we’re happy to give a job for life to a failure we will always be a mediocre club

The fact is he should’ve stepped down many seasons ago, that’s on the club for continuing to re-contract him
One team wins the flag every year. Horse has won one, and been in with a shot 4 other times. If you want to equate that with Freo's record over the last decade then you're talking crap.

Calling him a failure is also bullshit. Missing 2 finals series in 14 years is astonishing.

You're melting down over 4 games.

Of course it's disappointing. Of course changes to be made, and sure, one of them might be a new voice in the coaching box, but throwing a hissy fit about his salary, having shots at his ego and his intellect, and suggesting we're a mediocre club is simply pathetic.

One team wins the flag every year. Horse has won one, and been in with a shot 4 other times. If you want to equate that with Freo's record over the last decade then you're talking crap.

Calling him a failure is also bullshit. Missing 2 finals series in 14 years is astonishing.

Of course it's disappointing. Of course changes to be made, and sure, one of them might be a new voice in the coaching box, but throwing a hissy fit about his salary, having shots at his ego and his intellect, and suggesting we're a mediocre club is simply pathetic.

He’s underachieved and pissed away what could’ve been a golden period for the club

If you’re happy with that, good for you.

Most on here have the common sense to see it’s time for him to go

The focus on Logan (as it was with sam in 2022) was misplaced. Focus on the midfield which was obliterated and decided that the tactics of the day were to just bang it long to Andrew’s against Parker rather than go to Logan on the lead.

He might have been limping but he made good leads and we just went for ridiculous kicks. And then we stopped defending. If there is a review done it won’t be the forward line (which by the way is badly structured and unbalanced and that’s been obvious for a while) which is highlighted but the coaches for picking a forward line that can’t defend and the midfield who showboated and became one way runners.
Here's the thing.
Warner had 8 inside 50s.
His disposal efficiency was 42%.
Ashcroft & Neale both had 6 inside 50s with 86% disposal efficiency.

Fox had 5 inside 50s with a 90% disposal efficiency.
Heeney had 2 with 42% efficiency for the day.

I mean that is the game right there. Those two felt the heat from tackle pressure all day.
Dunkley laid 11 tackles.
Our boy Rowbottom the tackle king only laid 4.
That's 1 per quarter.
Make no mistake, this is not on the coach but on the midfield group.
Parker goes into the midfield after the game is over & nails 3 goals in junktime sure, but he also lays our most tackles at 6.

The bloke we are about to lose.
We keep the softies.

I like what Roos had to say about letting some go.
Unpopular but if Warner has shown he wants to leave & figures of $10-$14 million dollars for 10 years are being thrown around out there, then we absolutely need to send him with love & take as much as Freo or West Coast can give......................bleed the f . . kers dry because Warner doesn not have premiership player written all over him in the red & white. He just doesn't.

Too late for Parker so he has our blessing after the great service he has given us.
Josh Kennedy could have gone elsewhere & gotten another two years Superannuation out of a basket case club like North. He should have, f k loyaly bullshit.
We as supporters now need to get our heads around just moving players on.
It hurts at the time like when Roos moved on 2 p'ship players in Schneider & Dempster.
They'll move on & play well for their new clubs but we stay relevant.

We moved Rohan on & he won a flag but we also have played in 2 Grand Finals in that time.
We just need to be really uncomfortably aggressive now with our list management & send some messages out.

Number one need?
A big defender.
Number two?
A mongrel mid.

Do your job now Kinnear.

Of course it's disappointing. Of course changes to be made, and sure, one of them might be a new voice in the coaching box, but throwing a hissy fit about his salary, having shots at his ego and his intellect, and suggesting we're a mediocre

Lol that’s absolute rubbish
U could maybe get away with saying that if we lost by a goal or 2 or 3 or maybe even 6 but that performance was every bit as bad a 22 and they r just unacceptable performances u gloss over that with some meaningless record he has.. but truth is in the pudding he can’t get us a flag never will won’t happen and if you accept that as being ok with this list or talent then enjoy it but u can’t expect everyone is gunna see it that way cause it’s simply putrid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we're all hurt/sad/angry/emotional & looking for answers... We'll all probably disagree a fair bit about what went wrong & how to move forward... This thread is about moving on Horse. Posters can discuss that here without copping it.

Likewise, posters can disagree & state their case.

Try to show some respect for each other while doing so thanks. Otherwise I'll start issuing bans etc.

Unfortunately Horse is in charge of a list that has had a high top end of talent & we have not enough depth.
This all started when Buddy came to the club. The cap became thin for bottom end talent.
That's ok. But we can't sook it up when our bottom 6 players of the 23 are much worse than the opposition's on GF day.

I'll never forget Roos saying after the 2005 win that it was our bottom 6 players that were the difference that day.

I'll never forget Roos saying after the 2005 win that it was our bottom 6 players that were the difference that day.
Yup. And when I think about 2012, I remember Mitch Morton. His two goals in the second quarter to put us in front. His effort in beating 2 Hawks in the forward 50 to set up Kieran Jack in the final quarter.

I don’t think they will be denigrated, I think the blowtorch will go even higher on Longmire for not being able to get it done.

Horse is a good coach with an obvious ceiling, it is pretty straight forward he either needs to radically evolve or he is out of ideas. If Horse is not moving, I think he needs to reassess everyone around him and build anew coaching panel. Hopefully with more outsiders in it. I for one have not been on this bandwagon really until last weekend, however if I was in my job and getting all of the smaller customers and accounts but continually missing out on the tenders, I too would be considered as someone who can’t get the big things over the line. It’s how I am seeing Horse atm.

It’s not a great result being thumped in 3 of 4 GF. Certainly does not make us a destination club, where getting beating in finals, and competitively beaten, does give us an aura of being on the way up and players seeing us as a more attractive destination. The losses are not the problem of course, it’s the manner of these losses which really do all seem similar in how they came about.

Unfortunately Horse is in charge of a list that has had a high top end of talent & we have not enough depth.
This all started when Buddy came to the club. The cap became thin for bottom end talent.
That's ok. But we can't sook it up when our bottom 6 players of the 23 are much worse than the opposition's on GF day.

The excuses for Longmire are unbelievable, 12 goal defeats in GFs have nothing to do with our bottom 6

Clarko would’ve had half a dozen premierships if he had our list over that period

Hardwick and Brad Scott also would’ve had 3+

Simple fact is we have a coach who doesn’t have the tactical nous, killer instinct, or game plan to stand up on Grand Final day

The excuses for Longmire are unbelievable, 12 goal defeats in GFs have nothing to do with our bottom 6

Clarko would’ve had half a dozen premierships if he had our list over that period

Simple fact is we have a coach who doesn’t have the tactical nous, killer instinct, or game plan to stand up on Grand Final day

2024 exposed a LOT of things the club has very avenues left to explain the performances on GF day albeit there is a massive elephant in the room which i wont go into publicly.

He also failed to apply pressure or lay a tackle in any of those GFs.

He's been coach since 2011, been here a long time, overseen some very talented teams with 1 flag to show for it. That's not to say he's down a bad job, I think he was really good when we were struggling a bit through 19/20. But the end comes for us all and it's time for a fresh start.

I never want to make another GF with Horse coaching.....when supporters think like this....it's over for him.

Lol that’s absolute rubbish
U could maybe get away with saying that if we lost by a goal or 2 or 3 or maybe even 6 but that performance was every bit as bad a 22 and they r just unacceptable performances u gloss over that with some meaningless record he has.. but truth is in the pudding he can’t get us a flag never will won’t happen and if you accept that as being ok with this list or talent then enjoy it but u can’t expect everyone is gunna see it that way cause it’s simply putrid
Which part is rubbish? It's 4 poor performances in 14 years. Sure, 3 of them were horrific and inexcusable on the day but to extrapolate them out to fundamental issues with the coaching which has otherwise seen us set the benchmark, win finals and minor premierships for much of the past decade is nonsense.

Just his year Horse coached the team who set the competition on fire for 3 months, extracted one of the best individual seasons from a player you'll ever see, gave us some exhilarating moments like the Geelong and GWS comebacks, and won 2 finals including overturning a 112 demolition against the #2 side in the comp. I had a pretty bloody good time supporting that side this year.

If you think that what he and the club has achieved outside of flags is "meaningless" because a whole 7 teams have won flags since we did, then why follow the club just tune in on grand final day to determine whether the year has been a success or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back