Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the core is up to it.

Well you mention the Core the only players pending trade/retirement in 5 years will be.

FB Blakey ?? ??
HB Melican ?? ??
HF Gulden *Logan ??
C Jordon *Warner ??
Foll Mills ?? Rowbottom

The more concerning is the below we were significantly better placed than Brisbane on the weekend for experience.

Screenshot 2024-10-03 124333.png

Maybe they should try rearranging the deck chairs then.
There is obviously some good football minds in the box. Maybe swap Longmire and Cameron around, GWS have always played with a bit of mongrel about them, God knows we could use some of that.
Not sure Cameron is the go to for being competitive in grand finals.

114-25 is even worse than our attempts.

No, there's not," Harley said of the succession plan.

"Dean's an absolutely exceptional assistant coach at the moment, and certainly he has senior coach aspirations.

"Dean is very happy doing what he's doing and playing a supporting role."

So if we are to believe that there is no succession planning and Cox is not ready to take over yet?

I don’t care about who replaces him, just get him out of the joint

Doesn’t sound very promising though, if they extend his contract I’m out

Absolute dud
Reckon that would put me on the edge too. He's had his time - good coach but will never become great.

"Dean's an absolutely exceptional assistant coach at the moment, and certainly he has senior coach aspirations.

So if we are to believe that there is no succession planning and Cox is not ready to take over yet?
What a lot of crap

As King would say its a fake 2nd, Brisbane supporters can chime in if they see this there were PLENTY of calls to move Fagan on after 0-3.

Geelong deserve 2nd place.
Out of GWS, Geelong and Brisbane- I think Brisbane was the hardest matchup. Both because they were the best and because their strengths play to our weaknesses.

We’ll never know, but I would have been more confident against Geelong or GWS. I think Sydney deserved second spot. Geelong to my mind played well above the quality of its list, and were lucky to play Port in the first round of finals. Port made both Geelong and Sydney look better than they were.

Last edited:

This could be mean a number of things. It could be mean legitimately the Swans don’t know who will coach next.

I suspect it means that they think Cox will be next but don’t want to commmit until it is final because:

1. If they say it now, it will make Horse a lame duck coaching swans

2. Outside chance Cox jumps at opportunity to coach somewhere else, making Sydney look really dumb

3. Outside chance Sydney identifies someone they want more than Cox, either tying their hands or really upsetting the rail cart.

4. They want to keep the other assistants at Sydney keen.

5. There is almost no upside in accounting Cox now.

I could be wrong, but I just can’t believe Cox would turn down the Eagles if he didn’t have strong inside running at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a dud !

Fair call, I’m still angry

Doesn’t change my sentiment, he’s not the man to take us forward and needs to either step aside or be removed

The latter looks very unlikely unfortunately and we’ll suffer through another wasted year with a bloke who will never deliver a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back