Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Club can get stuffed. Absolutely weak as piss. They all think getting into a GF is a success.

Going to sell all my memorabilia and put that money towards supporting the Tassie side.

Bloods culture meant something 10 years ago.

It's dead now and so has the clubs soul.

That's what happens when dickhied Geelong folks run the joint.

Harley can get bent too

If we were a truly professional and world class organisation then we would be having an external review.

Bigfoot members we need a coup just like Kamp Krusty

All the best.

Now Horse is sadly confirmed, i can be less invested in 2025.

I’m gonna view it as a developmental year hoping we try new players, player role changes and changes in tactics etc to see what works best.

Then hopefully a new coach in 2026 to shake the joint up root and branch as a sign we are serious about contending again.
Yeah I agree. We're not winning it next year so let's hope like hell they try something different, and if we're relying on the midfield to kick our winning score game after game next season I'll go troppo.

I find it quite amusing (actually annoying) that a club like Hawthorn can remove a successful 4 time Premiership coach and then turn it around within a few years, but we give a job to a coach for "as long as he wants it"!

You have to be brutal and hold people to account in this game, or you will not achieve the ultimate success.

This may be a little harsh, but I hope that we aren't in a cycle of 'jobs for the boys' at any cost.

At the very least a harsh review (external) of all of our systems and positions is required as Paul Roos alluded to.

Still a pointless thread , but a sounding board for some, so I get that.

Players love him , board loves him , most fans do too no doubt.

We lost that game in the guts (again)…our guts needs guts on the big stage. Thats our issue. If they lead the rest will follow.

Do you really think he hadn’t coerced them all week to go hard in the contest?? Channel
the 2022 demons etc ?
I blame the team 99% … they played like they did in that port game 8 weeks ago again. The one where we were all baffled as much as horse as to why a top 2 team suddenly plays like a bottom 4 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys know we aren’t making another GF for years no?
Horse will go down as one of our best. A bit stiff to not win 2016

One of our best? yeah well not many flag winning coaches, he also coached a higher proportion of our best players then the rest

Still a pointless thread , but a sounding board for some, so I get that.

Players love him , board loves him , most fans do too no doubt.

We lost that game in the guts (again)…our guts needs guts on the big stage. Thats our issue. If they lead the rest will follow.

Do you really think he hadn’t coerced them all week to go hard in the contest?? Channel
the 2022 demons etc ?
I blame the team 99% … they played like they did in that port game 8 weeks ago again. The one where we were all baffled as much as horse as to why a top 2 team suddenly plays like a bottom 4 team.

He didn't deliberately coerce them to play poorly, but he has had 4 different versions of Swans teams shit the bed, at some point whilst agreeing the players deserve blame, it is worth a least saying is there something wrong with the coach. The constant through all of these performances ?

Do the players love him? they don't play like they do when it matters is all. Maybe they do,

Oh well I just hope he turns this around next year

He didn't deliberately coerce them to play poorly, but he has had 4 different versions of Swans teams shit the bed, at some point whilst agreeing the players deserve blame, it is worth a least saying is there something wrong with the coach. The constant through all of these performances ?

Do the players love him? they don't play like they do when it matters is all. Maybe they do,

Oh well I just hope he turns this around next year

I'd say more like like 2 Swans versions in his tenure...the last the worst by far as they had tasted the worst and didn't turn it around.
Did Briz players win for Fagan .. or for themselves & the team for premiership glory?
I believe its up to a coach to build the team & get them there.. and then it's mostly up to the team on the day. What did Longmore do differently as a coach between Round 19 Briz clash and GF? My answer = nothing. Yet we had more going for us on GF day, just minus the heart.

I'd say more like like 2 Swans versions in his tenure...the last the worst by far as they had tasted the worst and didn't turn it around.
Did Briz players win for Fagan .. or for themselves & the team for premiership glory?
I believe its up to a coach to build the team & get them there.. and then it's mostly up to the team on the day. What did Longmore do differently as a coach between Round 19 Briz clash and GF? My answer = nothing. Yet we had more going for us on GF day, just minus the heart.

Longmire instructs the gameplan and sets the standards and through whom he picks and places where shows what's important .

He went to the zone defensive structure . He picked who attended centre bounces during the year , he picked the 3 talls no matter what etc etc.

What happened saturday was the worst version of our bad habits, but they were habits and play he endorsed through the year imo

Longmire instructs the gameplan and sets the standards and through whom he picks and places where shows what's important .

He went to the zone defensive structure . He picked who attended centre bounces during the year , he picked the 3 talls no matter what etc etc.

What happened saturday was the worst version of our bad habits, but they were habits and play he endorsed through the year imo

I agree the structure & gameplan needs some major revising going forward. At the same time reminding that above kept us on top of the ladder most of year.

But comparing Rnd 19 v Briz to the GF v Briz, what should he have changed up in the lead-up, bearing in mind the return of several KP players since that close game at their fortress? What sort of plan B can you conjure up on the run when 90% of your team shit the bed on the day?

I agree the structure & gameplan needs some major revising going forward. At the same time reminding that above kept us on top of the ladder most of year.

But comparing Rnd 19 v Briz to the GF v Briz, what should he have changed up in the lead-up, bearing in mind the return of several KP players since that close game at their fortress? What sort of plan B can you conjure up on the run when 90% of your team shit the bed on the day?

I guess the missing parts are we haven't seen Longmires gameplan and instructions on grand final day. I am assuming the zone set up and forwards up the ground was what he told them to do as well.

If they just completely stopped listening or did nothing he asked, yep what can he do.

HOWEVER as it keeps happening in big finals at some point he just can't get the message through.

Thank F that VFL coach is gone, whether poor it's poor been drafting or just shithouse development (or both) in the 2's haven't had many kicking the door down from below to break into the side the last 2 seasons....maybe a coincidence but didn't seem to be a problem a couple of years ago. Almost fully fit AFL squad list and didn't even make VFL finals.

McVeigh moving to coach VFL is good change, as he should be fairly aligned the basis of the game-plan. More importantly forces us to get an AFL assistant in. Hope like **** we bring in someone with some experience (senior or assistant) who can help us with a key deficiency e.g like our midfield setups to maximise the talent there (ala what Pyke did to our ball movement) rather than just grab some first timer assistant.

I'm going against the grain here and I will put it out there the Swans will be in the 2025 GF.
Now, IMO the club needs to get a guy in to change the style up somewhat, like what Pyke did with the offense a little while back. Horse needs to stop with this idea of playing guys 100% of the time at all costs, if you're on top, rest some players up for finals.
I have confidence this season wasn't just an aberration of finishing on top etc, this is a damn good footy team and the younger guys will all improve.

I'm going against the grain here and I will put it out there the Swans will be in the 2025 GF.
Now, IMO the club needs to get a guy in to change the style up somewhat, like what Pyke did with the offense a little while back. Horse needs to stop with this idea of playing guys 100% of the time at all costs, if you're on top, rest some players up for finals.
I have confidence this season wasn't just an aberration of finishing on top etc, this is a damn good footy team and the younger guys will all improve.
I so admire your faith - can't say I share it, but I certainly admire it.

Yeah I agree. We're not winning it next year so let's hope like hell they try something different, and if we're relying on the midfield to kick our winning score game after game next season I'll go troppo.
I am backing the club to win next year. Call me delusional, but I have been a happy Swans supporter for many years. The Swans do better than most teams. I am not a supporter that jumps off the wagon when things seem grim.

I am a rusted on supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back