Sacred Heart Mission

Remove this Banner Ad

salamander

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Spent a glorious Sunday afternoon at the 12th annual Sacred Heart Mission "Community Cup" at The Junction Oval today.

Tim Rogers played for the Espy Rock Dogs who lost.....

The ground was packed, apparently they had to turn people away.

The scoreboard had the crowd total at 22,700, which has got me thinking. Is this the biggest crowd to attend a game of non AFL in Victoria this year or for any other year in recent memory? (I think the Ted Whitten game only got 15,000 this year).

A fantastic effort by the 100's who work so hard behind the scenes to make the day such a success again..... Should well and truly break last years record of around $100,000 donated to the Sacred Heart Mission.

Star said:
Hey Sala, was this a memorial of sorts to Paul Hester?

I realise its an annual thing but read somewhere there was to be a Paul Hester memorial game of sorts

Rock "n" Roll meets football 3RRR /3PBS Megahertz (melbourne community radio) v's ESPY Rock Dogs (Melbourne bands)

1 of 7 medals awarded on the day was the Paul Hester Medal not sure what for.

Plus the final chance (probably) to ever see Weddings Parties Anything - plus up and coming guns Dallas Crane (previously managed by Paul Hester IIRC).

Great weather, great afternoon, the "staged" all in brawl in the first quarter was hilarious!!!

salamander said:
The scoreboard had the crowd total at 22,700, which has got me thinking. Is this the biggest crowd to attend a game of non AFL in Victoria this year or for any other year in recent memory? (I think the Ted Whitten game only got 15,000 this year).

A fantastic effort by the 100's who work so hard behind the scenes to make the day such a success again..... Should well and truly break last years record of around $100,000 donated to the Sacred Heart Mission.

The VFL would like a crowd figure like that, well done to everyone who was a part of organise the day.

They should have had one of the U18 games as the warm game. Then the kids would have got the chance to play infront of a decent crowd. Plus the Fox camera would have been there and they could replay the game on fox!

Great work by all that organised the day.

mav said:
They should have had one of the U18 games as the warm game. Then the kids would have got the chance to play infront of a decent crowd. Plus the Fox camera would have been there and they could replay the game on fox!

Great work by all that organised the day.
It's not really that sort of day Mav - it is a day full of irreverance. This included the singer if the National Anthem changing the words - very funny.

It was a terrific day with superb atmosphere. WPA were sensational before the game.

It's one the only negatives about being away from Australia is this match (and of course North matches), a highlight each year.

Well done to my mate Evo for running it so successfully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sacred Heart Mission

Remove this Banner Ad

Back