Saints info night this Thursday 22/06/17

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never been to one of these before, so can someone who has fill me in a little on what to expect in terms of what the meeting is about?

EDIT - Do people wear their Saints gear or nah? Haha

I've never been to one of these before, so can someone who has fill me in a little on what to expect in terms of what the meeting is about?
Last years one was very good.....a very good crowd.....it was the first time that an info session had been held at the Kingston Town Hall.

Probably if last years format is followed.....Prez will get up for a talk....Matt Finnis and Richo.

They'd be giving updates I imagine on Moorabbin.....membership numbers......sponsorship etc and where they think things are mid way thru the season.

Then if like last year....plenty of time for questions from the floor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went along tonight, asked Richo about Freezer and he said as well as he's going this year, it's unlikely they'll risk him at AFL level. Also mentioned that had Marshall been on the senior list he might have already played a couple of games
Anything else of interest?

Anything else of interest?
They're gonna head back into NZ territory in the near future, Moorabbin developments coming along nicely etc. Richo said whilst the last month has been quite disappointing he feels they've gone back and worked on a few things and are ready to really launch into the back half of the year - pretty stock standard kinda answers.

Club hopes to build a membership base towards 50,000 in the coming years. That was all I really took note of, it was kinda boring at times so I zoned out a little. Anyone else remember anything I might have forgotten?

I went along tonight, asked Richo about Freezer and he said as well as he's going this year, it's unlikely they'll risk him at AFL level. Also mentioned that had Marshall been on the senior list he might have already played a couple of games

So why didn't they promote him? Surely we had a spot due to Dempster?

I should have walked out after that question.

1st time have attended my god so many howlers being asked , from visual viewpoint presentation was average.

Think Matt / Peter & Richo doing their best on what must be difficult assignment.

My suggestion would be have the forum early in the year at Moorabbin on a Sunday afternoon before season starts better weather combine it with membership drive , have marquees with sponsors name on them.

They're gonna head back into NZ territory in the near future, Moorabbin developments coming along nicely etc. Richo said whilst the last month has been quite disappointing he feels they've gone back and worked on a few things and are ready to really launch into the back half of the year - pretty stock standard kinda answers.
Nanganator....I was there too and you pretty well covered the big topics.

Smaller crowd than last year....thus a heap of those sensational gourmet party pies being left over and the fact that they didn't bring them out until the night was underway.

Man...they tasted awesome !!!!!!

A few more things I remembered:

-The Etihad stadium deal for us will take a while to finalise.It's not like it's done already and the bucks are now rolling in for us.

-A lot of work will be done upgrading Etihad inside and out.

-Our membership retention rate is nearing 90%....one of the highest in the comp.

-Matt was stoked that for the first time in several years,all the sponsor categories are filled.

-He also said that the club is well on track for a cash/gross profit for the season.

The size of the profit will be then determined by interest...depreciation etc.

-Richo gave a quick talk....with accompanying video clip...of all the trade/draft players.

I'd never seen Marshall in action before but gee....he looks a ripper.

General question time followed with some good questions.

Naturally....2017 drafting and our goal kicking were topical questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints info night this Thursday 22/06/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back