SAINTS will drop games

Remove this Banner Ad

we're coming of a 2nd 6 day break with travel this week to play a team (adelaide) that was supposedly a contender too. it happens to all teams, thats the way the cookie crumbles, get over it!

How the AFL can set up a great game bewteen 2 of the best teams SAINTS V DOGS round 6 only to have the dogs on full 7 day break and saints off a 2nd 6 day break and have travelled to Adelaide. Whats the deal? Anyway Im tipping the doggies will smash us and everyone who doesnt have a clue will get excited for the dogs.:rolleyes:

Have a ****ing whinge would you?

Yesterday, St Kilda played Fremantle.

What days did those teams play in the prior round?

St Kilda - Friday
Fremantle - Sunday

I believe the Saints had a 9 day break but you don't see Freo complaining about it.

Suck it up

My point long way round was WHY cant the AFL get it right. A 6 day break is bad 7 and above is fine. Why play a 6 day break team against a 7 day break team?

Just pisses me off our great record ruined thanks to the incompetece of the AFL

What about us? We had to play last weekend and then we play again next weekend - and then it just goes on and on from there. And sometimes we're even playing two good teams in a row. It's just not fair!

And if we are good enough to play finals, do we get a break for being so great? No we do not. In fact, we have to turn up THE VERY NEXT WEEK to start our run for a flag. And if we win the flag, do we get a break for being the best team in the whole world? No - we're expected to turn up for R1 like all the crap teams. The whole system sucks.

My point long way round was WHY cant the AFL get it right. A 6 day break is bad 7 and above is fine. Why play a 6 day break team against a 7 day break team?

What great record?

What about us? We had to play last weekend and then we play again next weekend - and then it just goes on and on from there. And sometimes we're even playing two good teams in a row. It's just not fair!

And if we are good enough to play finals, do we get a break for being so great? No we do not. In fact, we have to turn up THE VERY NEXT WEEK to start our run for a flag. And if we win the flag, do we get a break for being the best team in the whole world? No - we're expected to turn up for R1 like all the crap teams. The whole system sucks.

comedy gold :thumbsu:

I think you need to take the St Kilda glasses off mate. If it happens to us in Round 6, it will happen to Geelong/Bulldogs/Collingwood/Fremantle? in another round.

The 'unfairness' is at least relatively consistent.

I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, 9 day break vs 7 day break

Oh, but it's alright when St Kilda aren't the victims, isn't it

****ing hypocrite :rolleyes:

Not just saints Im just using that as an example. If they need to do this why make a great game now a less game cause the saints will be out on their feet i guarantee it. The dogs already have the pace over us! They know this the AFL so why do it?

why dont yall bitches harden the f**k up and play football week in week out until youre club has teh flag instead of whining bout dumb ass travel shit

Damn... why didn't MM use this excuse when we lost to the Saints?

R1 - Dogs on a Sun
R2 - Dees on a Sat in 28degrees
R3 - Saints on Fri

boo hoo hoo
See you have missed my point. Saints had a 6 day break too!!
Its fair both teams had 6 day break. Im saying like ost on here warn that you NEED a 7 day break to be at your best physically. This doesnt worry me playng richmond adelaide etc but the dogs??? come on AFL!!

Again, 9 day break vs 7 day break

Oh, but it's alright when St Kilda aren't the victims, isn't it

****ing hypocrite :rolleyes:

ARE YOU SLIGHTLY ******ED?

7 day break is fair, 6 day break isnt. If you had a six day break I WOULD SAY THATS UNFAIR BUT YOU GOT THE NECCESSARY 7 DAYS!!!

You are all som one eyed thar you think what Im saying is one eyed.

We know these days a team needs 7 days to be at its best so why would the afl not fixture this so itsd fair???

6 day break teams v day break teams all else is fine get it??

The Saints had an extra day's break heading into last year's grand final. Didn't help them though. :p

Geelong and Collingwood both had a 5 day break before we played a game on Easter Thursday last season. The short break didn't seem to hinder either team. I'm sure Collingwood and Essendon have done likewise when ANZAC Day's fallen during a weekday.

The only way every team would get a 7 day break week in, week out is if all the games are played on a Saturday afternoon, which will never happen due to the millions of dollars splashed out for television rights nowadays.

the hawks only had a 6 day break againt the dogs after an exhausting match against the cats..

then the next week again only 6 days after the bruising dogs game to play the pies..

if your gonna sook, talk about it for all teams...

each team cops the same treatment and has ashort break at some point in the season.

get over it

Not just saints Im just using that as an example. If they need to do this why make a great game now a less game cause the saints will be out on their feet i guarantee it. The dogs already have the pace over us! They know this the AFL so why do it?

If you didn't want this to be about the Saints then you shouldn't have used them as the only example, and not make the title 'Saints will drop games'.

FWIW, if we lose the match I certainly won't be blaming a six day break and I can't believe you have already conceeded that we have no chance in the match, which is clearly not the case. All teams face this issue which evens it out and every team just needs to deal with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

SAINTS will drop games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back