SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say how impressed I was with Thompson on FC. Was obviously still pretty raw from the last two days but answered all the questions honestly and candidly and gave a pretty good insight into some of what happened at the club and the shortcomings of the investigation and "hearing"

There can be no doubt after hearing him that the AFL basically just wore them down to accept penalties for no other reason than to bring the whole thing to an end but Thompson refused to make excuses for what happened

No it's not in the official sheet of penalties - I've checked.
They'll retrospectively ban us under s0 of the prejudiced disrepute rule. It's a catch all that says if at any stage essendon looks like becoming a force again before we "equalise" a few flags to the less popular teams the afl commission has the right to **** them up.

Draft picks is the only thing bugging me. That's the only thing.

2014 will be saved if we manage to finish on the higher end, as the picks would have been moot anyway.

This is the new era of free agents/buying players, so hopefully we can keep exploiting that to our advantage in the future.

Eveything else is something we can bounce back from quite easily.

Watching Bomber on FC tonight ,it was very obvious that everything revolved around Hird - No doubt the AFL wanted Hird out. And Bomber said that Hird resigned before the Fremantle game, but then changed his mind.

Expect more information about the saga to come out in the next few weeks.

In the cold light of a new day I feel relief it is over

But like others I ant to know what happened. I wish the EFC would open up a venue to speak to the members and answer our questions but alas I realise it's not feasible.

James Hird is apparently eager to have his say. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm look with trepidation the effect this has has on our players

Good morning Bomber faithful

We will arise from the ashes because we are Essendon

I'm hoping the club takes Milne as a free agent at the end of the year. That'll stick it up a few foamers! Daisy as a free agent too. That solves our lack of run through the middle and genuine crumbers. Then we take Tippa on in the rookie draft, Jydon as a FS and Kane Lambert... that's heaps this year.

Then we should also draft Saad in two years time to really get the foamers going!!

Milne great player and I half agree just to stick it up all the foamers but to much bad press Essendon has copped already

Two of the reasons Mark Allen is a campaigner.
1 . Keeps crapping on about Essendon "hijacking the season and how the club should have thrown themselves at the mercy of the commission when this all started". Does he actually believe essendon had control of the timeline, does he think the AFL would have allowed 22 dead rubbers? What a campaigner.
2. He keeps stating that it's fine to constantly boo Jobe, well **** me, this from a guy who still holds a grudge against Phil Mickleson because he felt bullied by him during one of his first professional rounds. I think if he plays any "celebrity"matches I'm going to go down there and boo every time the nanna****er putts.

Now might be a good time for the club to look at what it can do to keep supporters onside, as there will inevitably be a significant backlash, short-term at least.

A full and frank tell-all ain't gonna happen, so what else could the club do?

Reduced membership renewal prices? A Family Day / free bbq / etc. event to celebrate the club's history? A free 'We Are Essendon' book mailed to each member?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer Thompson to coach. Says he hates the idea of being senior coach again but it's only one year. He already knows the gameplan and how James wants to coach.

Also the details will be fleshed out.. but I would expect Hirdy to spend a lot of time at the club.. especially in July/Aug next year.. I expect there will be nothing that Hirdy doesn't know about in terms of the players etc etc over the next 12 months.. that is what I am hearing anyway.

This is going to be fun really.. and keep out of Caro's way.. but Hird will be in contact with the players.. who LOVE LOVE LOVE him.. and they all know this is BS and he will be welcomed back with open arms. I expect Hird will be sitting in some 'prime' seats to watch the games unfold and will be more than welcome to contact the 'acting senior coach' with his thoughts.

As I understand it.. Hird has been promised that this will remain HIS team.. just has to take a back seat for a year to get rid of this cluster ****.

I just hope Hird doesn't step away and realise that he actually prefers not coaching!!! I think we all saw the signs this year that Hird is going to make a very strong coach and motivator of men.. that won't change in 12 months..

Well i've got an idea...My country footy club has won only 4 games in six years and the natives are getting a bit jack of it quite frankly.. So how about it EFC and Jim, just for 12 months huh? please!? C'mon. Put us back on the map. WE can prob afford to pay you 30k, would that be enough? maybe Toll could sponsor us too. Can bring Tait, Leroy etc down in a Kia Rio for company too,,,please

Just want to say how impressed I was with Thompson on FC. Was obviously still pretty raw from the last two days but answered all the questions honestly and candidly and gave a pretty good insight into some of what happened at the club and the shortcomings of the investigation and "hearing"

There can be no doubt after hearing him that the AFL basically just wore them down to accept penalties for no other reason than to bring the whole thing to an end but Thompson refused to make excuses for what happened

...and did a great job of 'shutting up' Caro!

Can anyone tell me what is happening with the Essendon website? Hasn't changed in the last few days. Hope to see a fresh front page with the new era dawning.....

I still feel sick at the AFL and the Club. The board has seriously let its supporters down by back flipping and embarrassing the shit out of us. We have been strung along all year and I feel the club should have followed through on its agenda out of respect to its members. Essentially I think Little put the players' alleged desire for closure ahead of the members' demands... And the members should come before all. I think I'm gonna have a break from bigfooty for a while, too, like Kong. I might take up an American sport to follow. Any recommendations?

Can anyone tell me what is happening with the Essendon website? Hasn't changed in the last few days.

Not sure what you mean - there are now a heap of press conference links up there, an article about Hird being offered a contract extension, VFL team being ok to play finals, etc.

I still feel sick at the AFL and the Club. The board has seriously let its supporters down by back flipping and embarrassing the shit out of us. We have been strung along all year and I feel the club should have followed through on its agenda out of respect to its members. Essentially I think Little put the players' alleged desire for closure ahead of the members' demands... And the members should come before all. I think I'm gonna have a break from bigfooty for a while, too, like Kong. I might take up an American sport to follow. Any recommendations?

Screw American sports, go the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back