SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt sick hearing Tim Watson say get behind the club for 2014 lol. Parts of the club are acting like nothing happened and are only paying lip service in the hope we fork out money again.

They are trying to move away from this without any explanation not only of what happened last year but also the last 2 weeks leading up to the acceptance of this punishment.

I think Bomber explained a bit last night, Little did a bit last night.

Now its Hird's turn which will come.

For not keeping accurate records of substances used and how they were administered, using unknown substances, using experimental substances, failing to correctly manage or control the program....and probably more

We were in no way innocent of the above. Now we hope like hell the players werent given TB4 or the worst will be yet to come.
Maybe I'm just late to the party but really that just sounds like a failure to keep file notes. What is an unknown substance? What is wrong with experimenting within the law?
Horseshit.

There has to be some kind of clause introduced where any person who is employed by an AFL club is on a contract where if they leave the club they still have to answer anything the AFL questions them over.
Or something like that.

It will be another massive injustice if Dank gets away with what he has done to this club and is not held accountable and responsible.

All I want to know from the club is whether they can or can not identify what was given to each player.

If the answer is "no", then we have failed in our duty of care. Whether that failure is due to someone going rogue, whether it is due to a **** up along the way, it is an indictment on processes at the club at the time.

Do I think the penalties fit the crime if the answer to the above is "no"? Not on your life. Do I think the club did the right thing if the players requested this to end, and end it in 2013? Yes.

If we retain our playing group through this then the punishment is one that shouldn't hurt us too bad. What we need is a master motivator to take control of the group and channel their emotions towards 2014 and unleashing hell upon the competition. Then should we play to our ability and make finals, we get the boost of all boosts when Hird moonwalks back into the fold with a week of the regular season to go.

What we need to do now is prove that we are not Richmond, prove that we are not Carlton. We can't turn on the club. We show a class, a dignity, a strength of character, an attitude that other clubs could only dream of. Let's prove that nothing will ever bring this mighty club down, send a message to all those assholes that want us to crack.

On a side not, all the best to the legendary Dr Bruce Reid in his challenge. Stick it to the arrogant campaigners.

Maybe I'm just late to the party but really that just sounds like a failure to keep file notes. What is an unknown substance? What is wrong with experimenting within the law?
Horseshit.
Failing to keep records of medical treatment is an offence to begin with. Many of the substances used appeared to have no relevance to sport, like AOD, thymosin or pigs brain extracts. A number were experimental as in they haven't been fully investigated or researched yet and are considered not approved for therapeutic human use. One substance apparently sourced from Mexico is still yet to be identified and was intended for a patient with muscular dystrophy. Even the club admit there may have been substances used that they are unaware of.

Wonder if EFC requested this.

Kind of proves beyond reasonable doubt they get leaks from the AFL.

Tell me any single other reason why chief football writer for major news publications are not at the presser for the biggest announcement the game has ever seen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother just messaged me:

Watching Channel 7 this morning, on there was 'BREAKING NEWS- Hird takes kids to school.'

These people are scum. Absolute scum. So much for Little's request for a bit of privacy.

My brother just messaged me:

Watching Channel 7 this morning, on there was 'BREAKING NEWS- Hird takes kids to school.'

These people are scum. Absolute scum. So much for Little's request for a bit of privacy.

At his presser Hird has to take the gloves off with respect to the media. Tell them to back the **** off now, it is over.

Will be cancelling my membership.

Outcome is totally unacceptable. Essendon has accepted the harshest penalty in history and we have no idea why we accepted it.

now is the time to support the club and the players

if you are unhappy with the board, that's something different. cancelling your membership wont achieve anything.

I was angry last night (as evidenced by my posts), and in the cold light of day I am still angry at the AFL and disappointed/disillusionef by the conduct of the EFC. As I sat down for breakfast, my eldest saw the big footy images on my laptop and asked when we could go to the footy again (i've been away for 6 weeks) and I started trying to explain why I didn't want to go when I realised, all this crap doesn't matter. Footy comes down to the guys in the 'right' jumper playing well and bearing the guys in the 'wrong' jumper, every thing else is just annoying light and sound. I'll remain angry at the league and at club officials, but I won't stop enjoying the game I love. I'll be there on sat night witg my son, even though the game means nothing, i'll cheer and hopefully enjoy myself, and then after two hours of sport I'll turn my attention back to important things and leave the off field stuff for window lickers and media ******s

Will be cancelling my membership.

Outcome is totally unacceptable. Essendon has accepted the harshest penalty in history and we have no idea why we accepted it.

That's the way, take the Richmond approach

Failing to keep records of medical treatment is an offence to begin with. Many of the substances used appeared to have no relevance to sport, like AOD, thymosin or pigs brain extracts. A number were experimental as in they haven't been fully investigated or researched yet and are considered not approved for therapeutic human use. One substance apparently sourced from Mexico is still yet to be identified and was intended for a patient with muscular dystrophy. Even the club admit there may have been substances used that they are unaware of.
OK so if its an offence treat it appropriately, by fines and/or jail for those involved. Punishing players and fans for the failings of individuals within the club and the club's directors just doesn't make any ****ing sense.

That substances have no relevance to sport is completely irrelevant. That substances are experimental doesn't matter jack shit to me. Kobe Bryant is experimenting right now with his achilles injury and fairly sure he experimented with other German sciences last off season as well. I'm not up in arms about that and no one else could give a flying toss about it, so long as what he does is within the bounds of the law. Going close to the line is not crossing it.

We've experimented enough. The club has decided that Hird is going to coach in 12 months time. Appointing a career coach from outside the club will create instability. Appoint an interim from within, create stability, and prepare to welcome James Hird back to a united coaching panel.

Agree with this in principle. However Bomba T probably doesn't want to do all the media stuff which is an obligation which comes with being the "official" senior coach.

An alternate arrangement could be:

Bomba unofficially head coach but retains his current title

Sheedy officially listed as senior coach so he is obligated to do the media work and just help out managing coaches. When Hird returns his title becomes director of coaching or some marketing role.

Basically Bomba is the coach and the players know it - Sheedy just does majority of off-field stuff.

I see this as a scenario that could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back