SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

THis doesn't seem to be suing? Isn't it just asking for the case to be heard in a different medium?

James Hird is suing the AFL, lodging a claim with the Victorian Supreme Court that he has been denied natural justice in a season-long doping probe, and demanding that the case be heard by an independent tribunal instead of the league’s ‘‘conflicted’’ commission.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-to-sue-over-afl-ambush-20130821-2sbrw.html#ixzz2cbFncnLv

Reading that does anyone else get the feeling all the evidence against Hird is pretty much only come from the weapon? Lol how do they expect to uphold these charges in court if the only evidence is the weapons word vs Sir James' word...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't expect Sam Lane to understand the difference. She's not very bright.

No. She struggles with basic concepts. I'm still confused by this article though. Is Hirdy suing the AFL and asking for a court hearing, or is he just asking for a court hearing, which has been misconstrued as suing.

I'm actually very doubtful about that one. I'm very confident that AOD was above board but I'm almost certain that the "circumstantial" evidence for TB4 is close to overwhelming. I do, however, also feel that this was not agreed upon by anyone at the club.
I get the same feeling. Doesn't look good. I just hope players don't get banned. As for the officials - if TB4 was in fact administered even without their knowledge then penalties must come in to play.

No. She struggles with basic concepts. I'm still confused by this article though. Is Hirdy suing the AFL and asking for a court hearing, or is he just asking for a court hearing, which has been misconstrued as suing.

I think - not being a lawyer - you can sue for things other than money.

In other words, suing can cover asking a court to take some action on your behalf, not necessarily to get you money.

Don't... Caro is going to be out of control with that charge sheet..

New Drinking Game.. have a shot every time you actually see the foam on Caro's mouth..

Post in here if you are still sober at the end of it.

Post in here if you're not sober and we'll crack 1000 pages tonight ;)

I'm actually very doubtful about that one. I'm very confident that AOD was above board but I'm almost certain that the "circumstantial" evidence for TB4 is close to overwhelming. I do, however, also feel that this was not agreed upon by anyone at the club.

Not even close. The infractions notices would have been issued.

I'll make it clear again. Barring a Dank backflip, absolutely no infraction notices will be given out.

Circumstantial evidence means shit, and the only evidence they have of TB4 is the testimony of Charters.

As rines said, the AFL have thrown their final "big" punch. Their last hope is to turn the other clubs against us and stir the public up. Too bad the public's opinion will end up meaning SFA in court. We have countered all of their punches the last 6 months through all these leaks and shit, now it's Essendon's turn to gradually build up, before we deliver the devastating knock out blow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll make it clear again. Barring a Dank backflip, absolutely no infraction notices will be given out.

Circumstantial evidence means shit, and the only evidence they have of TB4 is the testimony of Charters

But at the moment this in in the AFL "court" and the only time circumstantial evidence WONT mean anything is IF it gets into a real court because the AFL have already found EFC guilty and the charges outlined are effectively the convictions.... and the "hearing" is effectively to determine the sentences...

But at the moment this in in the AFL "court" and the only time circumstantial evidence WONT mean anything is IF it gets into a real court because the AFL have already found EFC guilty and the charges outlined are effectively the convictions....

That won't work. For an anti-doping violation to occur, there must be more than circumstantial evidence. The AFL can bleat all they want, but in the context of the WADA rules, circumstantial evidence is not enough to warrant an infraction notice. If players are somehow given infraction notices, our lawyers would shred it to pieces

Interesting:
Poll: Has the AFL treated Essendon fairly?

Yes: 75%
No:25%

I actually think that IF that snap poll stays at that same "level" then it shows just how unfair this has become. When you consider that The Age coverage has been the most 'anti EFC' by a long long way AND the fact that EFC supporters only represent less than 10% of any given sample size.. it is actually safe to say that a large (and growing) group of people believe the AFL have acted in a poor manner.

It isn't a lot.. but I think if you went back three months and did the same thing.. it would be around 6% "no"...

Shows how absolutely shit the ASADA 'investigation' has been.. interview a 'main player' (Hird) in April.. and then interview another 50 people but NEVER call him back in to clarify different versions?? Sorry??

Then release an interim report based on the version told by other people.. not the man that then ends up being the focal point of the whole mess..

Is it just me that finds this insane?

That won't work. For an anti-doping violation to occur, there must be more than circumstantial evidence. The AFL can bleat all they want, but in the context of the WADA rules, circumstantial evidence is not enough to warrant an infraction notice. If players are somehow given infraction notices, our lawyers would shred it to pieces

I agree but we're talking the AFL here, who are used to bullying their own way and nobody has ever backed upto them or challenged them so if they say you're guilty you're guilty, you either appeal or cop your wack.

Players are fine (except for a few like ANY club that want to be elsewhere), and families are fine. This part is just a media beat up.

This needs to stop and I hope the special meeting tomorrow sees Vlad turfed out and the Commission instructed to withdraw the charges against the individuals, EFC pleads guilty to bad governance, we take a massive fine and 2 draft picks, everyone moves on with their lives.

Feels like I've been saying that for a while.. does the AFL really want to bring down the whole house because a guy may or may not have been injected with some vanity drug?? Pllzzzzzz

Shows how absolutely shit the ASADA 'investigation' has been.. interview a 'main player' (Hird) in April.. and then interview another 50 people but NEVER call him back in to clarify different versions?? Sorry??

Then release an interim report based on the version told by other people.. not the man that then ends up being the focal point of the whole mess..

Is it just me that finds this insane?

I wonder if it was the AFL or ASADA who decided not to get Hirdy back in?

I love that movie, but it didn't end so well for the Spartans...

They lost at Thermopylae but Sparta raised its (full) army along with Athens and the rest of the city-states and the Persians failed in their invasion of Greece.

I just hope Evans was our Leonidas not Hird.

Unless Vlad is dangling large carrots/big sticks in front of the minnows.

Unless the foolhardy expansions that they were all strong-armed into still don't seem all that appealing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back