SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's stupid before l do it, but every now and then l wander over to the Hot Topics Board. I see Essendon supporters fighting the good fight against the evil that resides there. Try as l might l can usually only last about a page before l have to get the **** out of that place.

Next time l think about it l might punch myself in the c o c k.

I know it's stupid before l do it, but every now and then l wander over to the Hot Topics Board. I see Essendon supporters fighting the good fight against the evil that resides there. Try as l might l can usually only last about a page before l have to get the **** out of that place.

I've just taken to posting but never replying. It's actually much more enjoyable.

So in the space of two weeks, the AFL has gone from a position (as I understand it):

1. Club 2.5M fine
  2. Hird 12 month ban
  3. Corcoran, Reid, Thompson 6 month ban
  4. Lose picks 1+2 in 2013 and 2014 drafts
  5. Lose premiership points and barred from finals in 2013

TO
  1. Club Fine (undisclosed amount)
  2. Hird 12 month ban
  3. Corcoran, Reid 3 month ban
  4. Thompson fined.

Hmmm.. either their case is just soooo strong they feel embarrassed to have it heard.. or they are running for the hills. Glad the other club presidents backed them SOO strongly today.. ;) Either way I say keep up the heat. Articles like the one in the Australian are just the beginning.. we have possible 'fake' phone calls.. we have a CEO that can be show to have broken privacy laws on multiple occasions, threats, coercions and, at the heart of it all, NO banned substances administered.

I understand that 'taking the deal' may seem like the way to go, but I would be tempted to hold out for a little longer and get those suspensions down a bit. Then you take the deal, play finals and smash the shit out of the competition!

If they've backed down that quickly in 2 days I'd remain steadfast in the approach. Right from the getgo this should only ever have been a fine for governance and I still want the staff cleared. As Little said we've made the recommended changes as per Switkowski report. The staff changes and restructures have already occurred.

A battle you cant win no matter how much you try. Farkn sad how many of them want the worst possible outcome to happen.

The reasons WHY Hird's testimony has basically been ignored by ASADA and the AFL in favour of everyone else's is baffling. Especially when PART of the charge against the club is hiring robinson.. but then you rely on robinson to tell you that Hird was doing dodgy stuff... whatev's AFL, whatev's.

Two huge bullets by the Australian today and more will follow. The EFC train is just pulling out of the station folks, strap yourselves in.. going to be a great ride imho.

AFL has fired all its bullets and now it is our turn. The 'ultimatum' threat was the first.. it was just one of many many many underhanded things that have been done to our proud footy club.

I suspect that heads will roll at the AFL once the full facts come out. And I think Caro will be slinking away with her tail between her legs. Shameful.

The bit I love the most:
Neither Melatonin nor Melanotan II are substances banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Normally, neither would be of any interest to investigators looking for evidence of doping.
Yet the fact that Robinson's testimony about Hird's drug-taking features prominently in the AFL's 34 pages of allegations against Essendon and its officials and ASADA's 400-page summary - and Hird's version of events not at all - provides an insight into why Essendon and Hird are so livid at ASADA and the AFL.
INeither would be of ANY interest to anyone looking for doping.. and yet they were of interest.. again and again and again.. why? Because the AFL have been looking to stitch up Hird for a long time as a warning to others. The fact that this completely irrelevant line of investigation is then leaked to the media, distorted, included in the 'charge sheet' and used as fact is even more baffling.
And people wonder why Hird is fighting? #StandbyHird

rines

I have enjoyed your constant updates during this saga and it has kept all of us that have been worried at one stage more sane, clearly it shows you do have more inside knowledge of this saga with your "contacts". I honestly hope you still update regularly as this shitstorm rolls on.

But, I'm not sure but it feels like this saga is actually personally getting to you by the last 2 days with your posts. You haven't been as balanced with you opinions lately which I personally enjoy as having all views (positive or negative) posted is great for this discussion, the last 24 hours you have been playing the man also which we are ALL better than that especially the new members (I myself doubt their intentions) but it also could be a real supporter that would like to discuss his views instead of being flamed.

I myself only made this account weeks after this story first broke in Feb and people thought I was a troll especially with my sarcastic user name (which I would like to change now, maybe Doss or Jab can do a quick swap for me;) )

Anyway what Im trying to say is, your posts carry more weight when they aren't heavily one sided or flaming another Essendon supporter, I do understand that this whole saga is taking its toll on everyone.

I'm not saying this to have a go, it's more the fact that everyone here who are Essendon supporters do respect what you post and you are highly regarded in this thread, I wouldn't like to see you stoop to the HTB level of discussion.

Please accept this offer and run.

We get to keep the most important parts; points/draft picks.

Sheahan has been spot on with his information.
If they are offering such a huge reduction so quickly what makes you think is the reason?

I wouldn't throw officials under the bus or Dr Reid's credibility in the medical industry. For what? Some points and picks for a sport? No deal. Only personnel sanction I'd accept is suspended sentences with all drug cheat references withdrawn.

I would continue on current path a little longer and see what else they've got. If indeed they have offered this it sounds desperate.

This is what implied in a post earlier today.

Over to you Rines !

It is my understanding that the 'separate' cases started because irrespective of what charges the club faced, Hird was VERY unhappy with the damage he has suffered in the media. There are also very strong rumours that Evans was prepared to offer him up to Vlad as part of the original deal. Hird was very very disappointed at that news.

ALL charged individuals have separate lawyers.. just FYI.

I can't see the club settling and Hird continuing.. the AFL will want a neat bow on this.. it will have to be an all in deal for both parties I think.

However from a legal standpoint.. IF the club did a deal that saw Hird suspended, and he continued with court action, it might be unsuccessful as the ban would be from the charge against the club.. not the charge against Hird. I also believe this is why the AFL deliberately separated teh charges into club and individuals.

make sense?

Who cares anyway if Hird got "prolonged erections"? Are we ******* school children?

As long as he's teaching the youngens the art of the hard coc- BALL, I mean ball, get, HARD BALL GET

Yes this cr&p has gone on all year & everyone's a bit sick of it, but let's at least consider this...in 10 years time we'll be looking back reminiscing & having a laugh about it.

We'll have just flogged the Melbourne Kangaroos and we'll be gearing up to lay some hurt on the Hobart Hawks, who being the sh*t club that we have always known them to be, are flailing at the bottom of the table & once again facing relegation to the TFL.

ok, back to the media sh!tstorm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people believe that the media and the AFL are running some kind of smear campaign, I'd love their opinions on the motivations of the AFL. Why would the AFL have an interest in damaging the EFC?

This alone is why everything has just become deadly serious - the AFL and the EFC both share a common interest. The AFL would not conspire to harm the EFC - doing so is the equivalent of self-harm.

Unless there is some motivation I'm missing? Are they bumping us off for a Tassie Team? Someone please enlighten :)

Hird and others testified against Demetriou and his mate Gillon and they are pissed

rines

I have enjoyed your constant updates during this saga and it has kept all of us that have been worried at one stage more sane, clearly it shows you do have more inside knowledge of this saga with your "contacts". I honestly hope you still update regularly as this shitstorm rolls on.

But, I'm not sure but it feels like this saga is actually personally getting to you by the last 2 days with your posts. You haven't been as balanced with you opinions lately which I personally enjoy as having all views (positive or negative) posted is great for this discussion, the last 24 hours you have been playing the man also which we are ALL better than that especially the new members (I myself doubt their intentions) but it also could be a real supporter that would like to discuss his views instead of being flamed.

I myself only made this account weeks after this story first broke in Feb and people thought I was a troll especially with my sarcastic user name (which I would like to change now, maybe Doss or Jab can do a quick swap for me;) )

Anyway what Im trying to say is, your posts carry more weight when they aren't heavily one sided or flaming another Essendon supporter, I do understand that this whole saga is taking its toll on everyone.

I'm not saying this to have a go, it's more the fact that everyone here who are Essendon supporters do respect what you post and you are highly regarded in this thread, I wouldn't like to see you stoop to the HTB level of discussion.

I hear what you are saying. The release of that blatant PR stunt that was the 'charge sheet' did piss me off. I am very very angry right now. Very angry.

So I'm sorry if that has been coming across in my posts.

I just can't believe the AFL haven't copped more flak for this little stunt.. imagine if a prosecutor did something like this? It would mean the ENTIRE case would be thrown out. In the legal profession is it HIGHLY frowned upon to 'release' something that you have given an undertaking not to.. and even worse to release something that you have already agreed to 'revise' before release.

It was a low act and I am probably still reacting to that tbh.. oh and the fact that they have let our players twist whilst knowing the truth the WHOLE time.. the just let the media run and run and run..

Up until a couple of hours before 360 I was not aware the AFL had been given such clear advice.. I'll admit it was a blow.. I had always hoped the AFL had, on some level, been trying to help our club. However it just showed that Vlad and Co had knifed evans and our great club for their own glory.

I am disappointed and hurt.. sorry if that has offended anyone in the thread lately. I will come back refreshed tomorrow.

So you want our club to throw four good men under a bus to help the AFL save face?

Tell you what.. reduce Hird's ban to 3 months. Corcoran can have 3 months. Reid and Thompson are released from all charges. Club pays 1M fine. That is the best I would give. And it MUST be made clear that Hird and Corcoran are being suspended for GOVERNANCE issues only. Need firm commitment that no further doping punishments will occur for the 2012 season. Needs to be the end.

The club might take that.

No way we should only accept the removal of Demetriou and Mclachlan. Our remaining staff have not broken rules or laws like these blokes.

Club fine only - the tide is turning. These cretins are running scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back