SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark maclure on fox footy. Saying that all 17 clubs should bind together against this 'rouge club'...
He is a farkn pig....

What an idiot :rolleyes: You would think that his first wish would be to have the facts, and then make a judgement. That's what an intelligent person would say, only a fool would want action without knowing the truth first.

Mark maclure on fox footy. Saying that all 17 clubs should bind together against this 'rouge club'...
He is a farkn pig....

That would be "rogue" club , unless he's suggesting we are make-up wearing pansies. ;)

McClure is in the same class as Roberts Walls if you ask me - a bloke who played a few games and clearly NEVER did ANYTHING wrong in ANY of them. His constant criticism and correction of people & teams and rampant negativity disgust me. Anything he says against the might EFC can be roundly ignored. He is a flog.

Fair points, but from what others have said, there might be some legal restrictions on this. I would say that a big part of the reason for the request for a public hearing is exactly this reason - so the public can see ALL the evidence, not just what Vlad and co want released.

Minister has the power to release a full or edited version of the report.

Player medical stuff has to remain confidential (of course)

What an idiot :rolleyes: You would think that his first wish would be to have the facts, and then make a judgement. That's what an intelligent person would say, only a fool would want action without knowing the truth first.

Exactly... Eddie jumped in and said we deserved to defend ourselves etc.... It briefly shut the delusional old git up....

He is a farkn pig....
I don't like Maclure especially after his comment about Jobe but he does have a point. We are only 1 Club in a competition of 18.
I think that the majority of Clubs will be looking on with interest as to how this pans out. We are not the only Club who have had issues with the AFL but we are the only Club with the balls to take them on and test their omnipotence.

Mark maclure on fox footy. Saying that all 17 clubs should bind together against this 'rogue club'...
He is a farkn pig....
Mcclueless would say that. he wants us done. Can't bear the thought of us going 2 premierships clear due to their pathetic future hoping for hand outs

I don't like Maclure especially after his comment about Jobe but he does have a point. We are only 1 Club in a competition of 18.
I think that the majority of Clubs will be looking on with interest as to how this pans out. We are not the only Club who have had issues with the AFL but we are the only Club with the balls to take them on and test their omnipotence.

We are not some 'rogue' club... I can understand the other clubs being agitated by the saga...However these allegations are severe and need to be defended accordingly..... His a delusional hater.. His a maggot in it's purest form :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to my comment the other clubs leaders are not stupid, I'm sure if they thought this was a viable course of action they would not have waited for that tool Maclure to say that this should be their course of action

IMO majority would be from the media barrage and with what is being reported that would also create doubts over the club/Hird tactics. I myself have had doubts and have thought maybe it would be better if Hird stepped aside while this saga is going. Constant negative witch hunt media over 6 months would make anyone question himself.

The game against Hawthorn and Collingwood we were genuinely dismantled by them, but it was probably the best they had played for quite some time. The West Coast game was one of our worst performances of the year, we looked tired, and this whole saga looks to finally be catching up with the mentality of the boys.

Neither. This happens every year - regardless of ASADA. It is more a fitness/hardness thing of players lasting the rigours of a full year of footy.

I personally put it down to coaching and selections. Our merry-go-round of selections has done more harm than anything else this year and was therefore bound to unravel our form after some time. I think Hird is a good football coach but a terrible selector, as evidenced by inclusions of McVeigh, Welsh, Hille in recent years when they were beyond useless.

Won't hold you blokes up for long, but thanks for those responses, they all raise valid points and it shows that it was maybe a bit myopic of me to frame the recent dip purely in terms of the ASADA issue; it will be a contributing factor, but it could be partially due to players hitting the wall phsyically and selection decisions / disruptions due to changes in selection in a previously settled side.

This week will be important, if you can steady the ship, you can regain some momentum before the end of the season. Anyway, I'll be off - got to see if we can get the monkey off our backs vs Hawks. Thanks again :thumbsu:

It will be interesting to see, if it ever comes out, just exactly what the role of other clubs behind the scenes, with the various machinations that are no doubt going on, is in all this- if anything at all, in fact. And if they do, whether it actually has a tangible effect.

Some clubs have historical grievances with Essendon. Some clubs have historical grievances with the AFL. Some clubs have grievances with both. Some probably have grievances with neither.

1 in 18 maybe, but if collingwood carlton and ess said "were taking our ball and starting world series football do you think the AFL would survive -- hmmm might register "WSF" name

I like how everyone is being positive about every new thing that appears about us, but I'm getting the feeling now, one way or another..we are ####ed.

The real pain for our club and it's supporters is only just starting.

In that case, there isn't anything left to do but fight. You can stand me up at the gates of hell.

People need to remember that what is being investigated actually occurred well over a year ago and it isn't an ongoing issue. The way the media is playing it out, it is as if EFC is continually doing things to bring the game into disrepute, but what happened happened and all the latest shenanigans are are simply the way what is believed to have happened being revealed in tidbits.

Does not change one iota what happened in 2011/12

I think McClure might be in the gun in the defamation stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back