SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betcha if it was a hoax it will be written in small print of page 15 hidden amongst other articles. Blink and it will be missed

I doubt it.. HUN is running a relatively 'pro-EFC' bent atm.. Robbo pretty fired up.

I think it would be major news.. and IF it was a fake.. then AFL (despite them having nothing to do with it) looks really stupid and this just gets worse and worse.

I don't get this fear of reprisal angle.. club has been very open and most parents have reported just how supportive and open the club has been. Club has not tried to 'hide' the mistakes that were made.

Not saying the parents are overjoyed this happened.. but most (if not all) are very happy with how the club has handled themselves THIS YEAR.

I keep coming back to why 'Sarah' didn't go to the meetings if she was so scared?

I think Hird needs to step aside and focus on trying to clear his name while the club works out a deal with the AFL.

Then if everything is all good regarding Hird he will be back coaching.

I don't think so. The media would have an absolute field day, and regardless of what anyone says, they'll say it's an admission of guilt.

As far as I can see, there's only 3 games left in our season, and I don't have an issue with Hird staying on until then, and then in the off season.

In my opinion, with the path we've chosen, Hird cannot leave or stand down temporarily

So let's see:

- No player on the club's list is "20, turning 21 soon" apart from Luke Davis and Ariel Steinberg
- Davis' parents live in Adelaide, Steinberg's in Mildura. Neither player lives with his parents, as this mother claimed.
- The club contacted every mother, all of whom denied calling the radio station
- The club knows the vast majority of parents and couldn't identify her

Something smells fishy here.

The AFL's case would be shot if they were behind what happened this morning on radio.

That's to be proven though. It remains very curious.

You can get enough degrees of separation easily.

OK guys.. I'm going with "Fake". I don't know to what degree.. extended family or whatever.

Very disturbing, very upsetting. I want to believe it was a 'lone caller acting alone'.. time will tell. If it wasn't then this just went past insane.

I'm in shock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL's case would be shot if they were behind what happened this morning on radio.

That's to be proven though. It remains very curious.

Surely we havent stooped to this level now where we are so involved with Essendon that we are thinking it was staged by the AFL or media. It was either real, or some twisted nobody. Can we talk about something that might actually be half believable.

OK guys.. I'm going with "Fake". I don't know to what degree.. extended family or whatever.

Very disturbing, very upsetting. I want to believe it was a 'lone caller acting alone'.. time will tell. If it wasn't then this just went past insane.

I'm in shock.

new info or just come to a conclusion?

Fwiw I reckon fake as well. Hysterical tears at this stage when players have been essentially cleared is just too much

Surely we havent stooped to this level now where we are so involved with Essendon that we are thinking it was staged by the AFL or media. It was either real, or some twisted nobody. Can we talk about something that might actually be half believable.

I think most people are suggesting if it was a fake, it was by a disturbed individual. The point being made is that it doesn't look good to anyone not following the developments etc., for the AFL

Tens (hundreds?) of thousands of twisted nobodies out there, plenty have the ability, initiative, and motive to do this IMHO. I agree, the idea that the AFL or a professional in the media (I was only joking when I suggested Caro) might be behind it, is a conspiracy theory with no evidence and therefore silliness.

So you thought the timing of the release of the 'charge sheet' was just a co-incidence then? Nothing to do with 360 the night before? OK then AA...

Everything in this sage ON BOTH SIDES is being 'managed' and to a large degree 'staged'. I know that for a fact.

Yes more than likely a twisted nobody.. but I am past knowing what to believe any more. There is now a legal document that contents the the CEO of the AFL leaked confidential information to our club. This carries a jail term of 2 years.. and yet I hear nothing on major news about it. This is a FAR bigger accusation than whether we 'recorded supplements accurately'...

I don't know if we are stooping or this thing has just nose dived for the depths of crazy.

Say that you're calling from Sydney ;):D

I'm calling from the Communist Republic of North Korea, and I wanted to say that there ain't no party like a Pyongyang party cos a Pyongyang party is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY

It isn't going to look good though is it? The reality is.. that if enough 'fishy' things start happening.. then this all gets very murky. Public start looking for the underdog.

It'd be totally unprovable.

After releasing an obsolete set of charges yesterday, and still refusing to provide Hird with the evidence for his hearing, I'm willing to believe anything of that organisation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back