SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I ******* knew this would happen.

We get whacked and the foamers still think we got off lightly.

To quote some numbnuts I just overheard: "how can Watson keep his brownlow? It's ******* bullshit"

The clearing of the players is fantastic though. Unless there is drastic new information there will be no infraction notices.

I want our side of the story. So bad.

WGAF about the foamers?

I welcome the hate. I like it.

Does anyone know what Hutchy meant last night on FC when he said: 'they lose four picks and get one back'? Are we getting a first round pick back next year?

Getting an end of first round pick instead of a first round pick next year.

I cannot express how little I care about the good of the game. It isn't our board's responsibility to look after a game whose governing body leverages the reputation of the game against demonizing fundamentally innocent individuals (our guilt being relative to what we have actually been shown to have done).

The AFL had multiple opportunities to protect the game, and its institutions, and chose note to when it could quite reasonably have banned us from the finals with further penalties pending the complete ASADA investigation (on the basis of the disrepute bullshit that it was aware of from day 1).

I don't care about our points (because realistically we weren't going to challenge) but I am ******* furious that we've been banned from the first two rounds of the next two drafts and had fundamentally innocent personnel suspended (again, please show me what actually happened) .

I feel ya mate, but don't walk away from this great club because we got railroaded by a corrupt organisation who was out to get blood because of media fuelled hysteria. We must move on, all of us - for our own sanity if nothing else.

Hird spoke well in the when he spoke to the media. Seems as though he was shattered.

Apologized to the fans. Has spoken to some players this morning.
Felt it was time to move on with this. Will give you his full thoughts in a few days when he is given some time to sit down and compose his thoughs. But, he did sounds very shattered.

Still wants Bomber to coach next year, and maintained he wants to return.

Also said he'll have to spend the next 12 months apologizing to the neighbors for the media scrum at his house.

Players, sponsors, staff.

And no, the members shouldn't come ahead of the players when there was an actual duty of care failed to the players. Essentially anyone at this point should be allowed to walk out should they choose.

If the members don't like it they can kick out the powers that be, but let's not deceive ourselves that we've had a more tumultuous year than anyone directly involved in this nonsense.

Where did I say our year has been more tumultuous? I just hold the view that the members, like the shareholders of a company, underpin a club. Essentially the club exists for the members. That is an indisputable fact. To say the club exists for the players is to say my company exists to employ me, as much as I'd like to believe it.

Where did I say our year has been more tumultuous? I just hold the view that the members, like the shareholders of a company, underpin a club. Essentially the club exists for the members. That is an indisputable fact. To say the club exists for the players is to say my company exists to employ me, as much as I'd like to believe it.

I think that, although we're owed a full and honest explanation, the people whose health was potentially at risk are probably the highest priority.

I think that, although we're owed a full and honest explanation, the people whose health was potentially at risk are probably the highest priority.

But that's resolved. The penalties are mutually exclusive from their health going forward.

No, but it is a specific type of club, namely it is a football club whose primary function is to support a football team. Of course you can't have one without the other, but in this scenario the primary concern is for the parties involved, especially when the considerations are ones around health.

I hold the players in high regard of course, but the supporters have been treated like shit by Little. He should have just kept his mouth shut if this was a possibility to back down.

But that's resolved. The penalties are mutually exclusive from their health going forward.

I don't agree with that. I think they are the priority in this entire saga. Not to say we aren't important, but it's more than just an employer/employee scenario here because of the health implications.

I hold the players in high regard of course, but the supporters have been treated like shit by Little. He should have just kept his mouth shut if this was a possibility to back down.

My guess is the de-registration, ANZAC Day, Dreamtime etc. threats came out. The duplicity and underhandedness of the AFL knows no bounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is the de-registration, ANZAC Day, Dreamtime etc. threats came out. The duplicity and underhandedness of the AFL knows no bounds.

This is precisely it. On top of that, we don't kind of response there would have been from within were this to be taken to court. Given the dramatic shift in stance, I would say that this was a concession to stem potential bleeding.

Was it then naive of Little to not foresee this? Surely they knew all the possibilities. If so, it still falls back on him.

Was it then naive of Little to not foresee this? Surely they knew all the possibilities. If so, it still falls back on him.

I'm not sure if we'll ever know what the penalties would be if we still had Evans at the helm. I suspect much greater and would have included ANZAC day, possibly no points next year.

In the grand scheme of things. We came out much better than i thought we would.

I don't agree with that. I think they are the priority in this entire saga. Not to say we aren't important, but it's more than just an employer/employee scenario here because of the health implications.

How is fighting the penalties for the members in any way related to looking after the health risks associated with a poorly implemented supplements program? Both can be achieved; it does not follow that because of the health concerns, that it puts the players at the top of everything. Good management means that you manage each issue on its merits and not allow the issues to merge and compromise each other.

I'm pretty sure we'll get an explanation. As Bomber said last night, we've tried to be true to the process as possible which meant a certain amount of confidentiality. Last night also seemed to be a pre-cursor to what we may see over the next couple of days to the going-ons.

It's interesting seeing the different reactions. We can be angry at the AFL for how the system of investigation works but we should remember that WE did this, not Andy D. This is an issue of our own making - the sooner you realise that, the sooner you can move on.

On James Hird staying - I don't have an issue with this. He learnt some of the most valuable lessons here which will make him a better coach and administrator moving into the future.
I would add that while none of this would have occurred had we not done what we did, that once we did what we did AD and the AFL fanned the flames and made it far worse publicly. I will never forget that. ASADA are a bunch of tools too.

How is fighting the penalties for the members in any way related to looking after the health risks associated with a poorly implemented supplements program? Both can be achieved; it does not follow that because of the health concerns, that it puts the players at the top of everything. Good management means that you manage each issue on its merits and not allow the issues to merge and compromise each other.

No, but if we take the players' wishes to be the most important thing, then it gives a different perspective.

Ultimately, if the players leave, we're even more ****ed than if a portion of the members leave.

See, I ******* knew this would happen.

We get whacked and the foamers still think we got off lightly.

To quote some numbnuts I just overheard: "how can Watson keep his brownlow? It's ******* bullshit"

The clearing of the players is fantastic though. Unless there is drastic new information there will be no infraction notices.

I want our side of the story. So bad.

Just when you think you know how clueless the average person is, you spend 5 minutes explaining that Melbourne Storm cheated because it was able to assemble a side that could never have been legally assembled (and that it won premierships with the illegally assembled side).

Never underestimate how uninformed the average opinion is.

Possibility yes, but it would have been worse to assume.

Furthermore they may have canvassed internally and been told one thing, but the temper of it may have changed once it looked like war.

I would add that while none of this would have occurred had we not done what we did, that once we did what we did AD and the AFL fanned the flames and made it far worse publicly. I will never forget that. ASADA are a bunch of tools too.

About the only thing Fitzpatrick said that I categorically agreed with was that this thing was made far too public.

About the only thing Fitzpatrick said that I categorically agreed with was that this thing was made far too public.
I agreed but had to swear at the TV a few times. In the same breath he muttered out about him seeing no evidence of AFL leaks and there would be no investigation.

No, but if we take the players' wishes to be the most important thing, then it gives a different perspective.

Ultimately, if the players leave, we're even more ****** than if a portion of the members leave.

I think the players are more likely to leave now tbh. The next 6 to 12 months will be very interesting. You reckon we'd snag Goddard if he was on the market this year instead of last? Hell no. We've been tarnished and their right to play finals has been taken from them. Do you know how it feels to have a leader backflip like that? It absolutely destroys morale.

**** I hope you're right. I know I'm being selfish about this. Just so angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back