Speculation Sam de Koning [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he requested a trade we might have to bring Mackie back to negotiate.
300x300.jpg

Nightmares for 17 other list managers if this song hits in the final hours of trading.

17 clubs should be into him, guys a gun. Need to leave him down back though.

In saying that has to be about 0.1% chance Geelong entertain anything and would expect he’s firmly in the 22 next year with a solid preseason

If he is dirty about not being selected to the point of wanting out given his circumstances then who would want someone like that at the club? Absolute cancer on a team.

Surely he isn't so immature.
I'm sure he isn't.
But if a massive offer is put to him at this time he might just be more receptive to it. Whereas all else equal he might otherwise forego the money for the lifestyle.

I'm sure he isn't.
But if a massive offer is put to him at this time he might just be more receptive to it. Whereas all else equal he might otherwise forego the money for the lifestyle.

Who is offering massive money? Teams outside the 8? Im sure he is smart enough to not jump at money at the expense of finals at all.

Injured his knee and has been on somewhat managed minutes in the VFL. Obviously we feel he's still hampered by it and couldn't run out a full AFL game.

People seem to be running with "He's been dropped!" or 'He's out of favour!"....we're just not confident of taking an underdone player into finals (see Max Holmes 2022).
has been fairly average since the premiership year

has been fairly average since the premiership year
The guy had his face caved in early 2023. Literally had to wear a Hannibal Lecter style mask for several weeks after he came back.

It's not surprising he's taken some time to rebuild the confidence and touch after something like that. Most Cats fans agree he was better in the second half of 2024 before his knee injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he isn't.

Geelong would just hold him to his contract regardless. He would then either get over it, as Holmes has after missing 22 in similiar circumstances, or want out again at the end of next year. Makes the thread a moot point. 90% of the posts are just trolling.

Pies and cats have poor rucks, but they win a flag the last few seasons .. Sounds like rucks are overrated to me.

Darcy Cameron.......

I'm thinking from Blues perspective that's what it would take to get his attention. (And I'm talking about the money we're apparently otherwise throwing at Houston)

2 firsts is a very fair offer.
But realistically geelong are in the window and bar neale all the talls are ageing or injured (see hawkins stanley blicavs even kolo and jez plus conway perenially injured).
Unless a quality tall like barass or cadman was involved (which wont happen this year) geelong is better to hold him (even if we get less next year) as we need him in 2025.

I do think he may leave next year though depending on what tdk does.

2 firsts is a very fair offer.
But realistically geelong are in the window and bar neale all the talls are ageing or injured (see hawkins stanley blicavs even kolo and jez plus conway perenially injured).
Unless a quality tall like barass or cadman was involved (which wont happen this year) geelong is better to hold him (even if we get less next year) as we need him in 2025.

I do think he may leave next year though depending on what tdk does.
I think holding him to an extra year on his contract and giving us time to get in the ear of trade targets and trial set ups without him in is more valuable than any extra picks we'd get trading him this year

I think holding him to an extra year on his contract and giving us time to get in the ear of trade targets and trial set ups without him in is more valuable than any extra picks we'd get trading him this year

Yep i agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Sam de Koning [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back