Sam Docherty Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad that the Blues are going to bring an underdone player in for a cut throat final? Not at all
They must be desperate.
Good clubs….naye, GREAT clubs make their long term injured come back through the VFL. Regardless of reputation. (Aka Hawkins and Guthrie)

What an unprofessional shit show Carlton are running down at IKON Park

What a selfish campaigner…. Whose spot did he rob?
Nobody. We had a 17 strong injury list at one point a couple weeks ago.

If he plays back he has taken Boyds spot - a guy who is injured for 5 weeks.

If he plays mid he has taken Lords spot - a guy who played 2 games because we had 17 strong injury list.

If he plays fwd he has taken Owies spot - a guy who is suspended.

So what you're saying is Carlton are also rushing a player back from injury, for an elimination final, almost 20 years after Geelong made the mistake of doing so?

Very well :$
Didn't Carlton sack the fitness guy? I assume Crazy Voss is running that depart too now.

Toughen up princesses, if you can breathe, you can play.

If he plays mid he has taken Lords spot - a guy who played 2 games because we had 17 strong injury list.

There’s an old saying in footy….. never risk injured players in finals… it will bite you in the bum every single time.

So the team with the massive injury list is playing someone who is coming back from an ACL injury just 6 months ago? Alarm bells should be ringing, not slaps on the back on how good you are. I just can't see the point of risking him unless he is actually retiring and it won't matter if he does it again.

So the team with the massive injury list is playing someone who is coming back from an ACL injury just 6 months ago? Alarm bells should be ringing, not slaps on the back on how good you are. I just can't see the point of risking him unless he is actually retiring and it won't matter if he does it again.
You sound like a cry baby

I know at times the Bay can get a little hostile so I thought in an effort to bring everyone together we could have a thread and cheer in a genuine good guy of footy Sam Docherty in his road to recocery from his ACL. The latest news is he is back light running and doing skills and if everything goes right could even get back later in the year.

Post your well wishes below.
The only one out of the go home 5 that I actually respected for going home. I genuinely hope he’s not coming back too early.

Yeah and these guys remain unsigned for 2025 so whats your point:

Brandan Parfitt
Gary Rohan
Jake Kolodjashni
Jed Bews
Mitch Duncan
Pat Dangerfield
Rhys Stanley

Parfitt is being delisted/traded to another club
Rohan is likely to retire but has a year on the table
Kolodjashnij has re-signed
Bews is being delisted/traded at 31.
Duncan is likely to retire
Dangerfield has a contract for next year at least
Stanley wanted to retire last year

None of them is 27 years old having played 23 games and kicked 33 goals this year. Geelong is refusing to negotiate with exactly none of them.

Carlton's cap is roooooted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them is 27 years old having played 23 games and kicked 33 goals this year. Geelong is refusing to negotiate with exactly none of them.

Trade currency m7. If Pies can get their hand on 2x first round draft picks they're all ours, considering Owies would have won their goalkicking + what they paid for Shultz.

Yeah and these guys remain unsigned for 2025 so whats your point:

Brandan Parfitt
Gary Rohan
Jake Kolodjashni
Jed Bews
Mitch Duncan
Pat Dangerfield
Rhys Stanley
We will be sorted soon enough. No one lists manages better than Wells ansd Mackie.
It’s why we have spent the last 18 years contending

There’s an old saying in footy….. never risk injured players in finals… it will bite you in the bum every single time.
Nigel Lappin played in the 2003 GF with broken ribs and a collapsed lung he sustained in the prelim the week before lol

If Carlton's cap situation is as dire as you say, how come we are in the box seat to.get Dan Houston from Port ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Docherty Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back