Lingsface

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Meeting with someone under immediate concussion systems (Tom Barrass) about their contract is that taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable state of mind? Will he go to jail or just a lifetime ban from the AFL?

Meeting with someone under immediate concussion systems (Tom Barrass) about their contract is that taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable state of mind? Will he go to jail or just a lifetime ban from the AFL?

I cant imagine what sort of penalty you'd demand for a club selecting a player who drank himself unconscious only 5 days earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fraud like saying I want to retire from coaching .......I've had enough and want time away from the game.

$$$$$$ three months later and a brown paper bag of the folding stuff......

I'm looking forward to the challenge of coaching again.

I just wonder what BigFooty is doing to manage posters under concussion cisterns? It's bog standard.

I just wonder what BigFooty is doing to manage posters under concussion cisterns? It's bog standard.
I see no evidence to suggest this was not the case though? Did I read this clearly, Sam met with Tom on the Monday about potentially being traded and then Tom missed the following week with concussion protocol? Maybe I was wrong, was it a training incident?

Mick Nolan had a dart and a dozen dimmies with sauce at quarter time.

Different sport but Neil Brooks’ effort at the 1984 Olympics was pretty special:

“I am pretty sure I hold one Olympic record that will never be broken. Winning an Olympic bronze medal with the worst hangover in the history of mankind," he writes.

Brooks had completed his swim in the 4x100-metre freestyle relay, the only event he was originally scheduled to compete in, and went to drink in the beer garden on the outskirts of the Olympic village.

"We had one of the biggest celebration nights in history and never left the beer garden. I remember waking up on the grass at 7am with Justin Lemberg and one of the other guys standing over me. Justin said, 'you're swimming in an hour Brooksy'," Brooks recalls.

Brooks was being called on to race in the 100 metre medley heats because Mark Stockwell had a bad shoulder and was being saved for the final.

Brooks tried to push the swim to team mates Greg Fasala or Michael Delany.

"Lemberg said, 'look over your left shoulder'. Fasala looked clinically dead; he had one arm floating in the fountain and he wasn't moving," Brooks writes.

According to his team mates Delany was still out partying and couldn't be found.

Brooks said he had to be carried back to his accommodation and had coffee and breakfast poured into him.

He swam the heat in 49.3 seconds, just two tenths slower than he had in the freestyle relay - in which Australia had won a silver medal - and helped the team qualify in second place for the final.

Brooks said he threw up in a drain after the race.”

Not fraud, just a slightly shitty thing to do.

Gone are the days where clubs did not approach contracted players in season.

They would wait until the season finished. And then the classy clubs would get an ok to approach a contracted player.

Sam and the Hawks obviously don't care about that sort of thing.

What goes around comes around they say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell- Fraud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back