Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do I really have to explain the concept of good sportsmanship to you do I buddy?

I wouldn't mind hearing it

This is one version

Sportsmanship is defined as ethical, appropriate, polite and fair behavior while participating in a game or athletic event.

How about we hear the bomber version

Why is anyone surprised? Mitchell loves a snipe. Not only verbal. The short arm fist to the solar plexus. The leg tap. Dropping the knee in. Got to hand it to him he's got it down to a fine art.
Has always been one of my favs for this exact reason. One of those guys you would love on your team but hate on the opposition. Stevey J, Mitchell, to a lesser degree Mackie (apparently a decent sledger)

Hird told everyone he hated Essendon the day before, right?

I'm assuming Mitchell was saying something along the lines of, "Go get your coach to dope you up again, it's the only way you can beat us."

I wish he'd said a similar thing afterwards; it'd be nice if a current player had the balls to speak out against Hird.

Interesting that Hird has jumped in calling Mitchell "naive and idiotic". I may have missed it but did Hird call himself that by bringing a convicted drug peddler into the EFC fold and then allow off-site injections to take place whilst at the same time, sidelining the club doctor by keeping things from him. How heckin'g "naive and idiotic" is that Albert?!

And yes before EFC supporters jump in, I dislike Hird intensely.

He's such a prick, still playing the victim; acting as if the doping program was something that happened accidentally and was done to the players by some one else.

If I was Hird, I wouldn't be calling anyone naive or idiotic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Hird, I wouldn't be calling anyone naive or idiotic.
Hird wasn't naive. He was calculating and determined.

As a Hawks supporter I find it laughingly ironic that his motivation to drug his team up to the eyeballs was to beat West Cost, Collingwood and Hawthorn.

And good on Sam. A great sledge.

Doubt he regrets it at all. Looked pretty happy with himself at the time, as he should have been, it was funny!!

Probably regrets the fine he's probably going to cop though.
No Irony there is there!
They go and walk across the street to Dr Trustme for a bunch of needles that seemed pretty legit...
And years later are still without penalty at least officially anyway, no doubt they've suffered plenty enough through the shambolic investigation process,and this bloke who "quite disgustingly"!! Made a mock gesture of jabbing himself is so far in the hole for a brownlow medal(and the financial gain that comes with it) and now probably a fine.
But you ask some bombers fans. He's getting his right whack!
Just who is the ****ing victim here?
It's all upside down.

Mitchell only apologised because it was brought up by the media. And it was piss weak of Mitchell to bring his family into the apology.

Mitchell should have been a man and refused to apologise.

No, he's just trying to appease the morons in the media.

It's hilarious that people are so offended by his gesture, yet many of these same people have absolutely no issue with their players "not knowing" what they were injected with.

Actually Mitchell was as 'weak as water' by apologising. Mitchell should have the courage of his convictions.

The irony is that Hawthorn was one of the fore-runners of injection science in the AFL.

Wow, one day you guys will read that article all the way to the end and see this:

A far cry from "Dean Wallis ate the spreadsheet".

You are deflecting - The article was about using injections in sports science. And players are jabbed every week to play.

And it was poor of Mitchell to bring up his family in his apology - Actually Mitchell had no reason to apologise.

Must be strange to see someone actually take full responsibility for their actions without offering some lame justification or attempt to blame everyone else.

What

Mitchell only apologised because it was caught on the Fox Footy Coverage. Do you think he would have apologised if it went un-noticed ?

I have no doubt EFC players have been sledged for the last three years, so today was nothing new for the players.

It would have been better if Mitchell refused to apologise. Then he would show he is a man of conviction.

Mitchell only apologised because it was brought up by the media. And it was piss weak of Mitchell to bring his family into the apology.

Actually Mitchell was as 'weak as water' by apologising. Mitchell should have the courage of his convictions.

The irony is that Hawthorn was one of the fore-runners of injection science in the AFL.
This is why it was an ill-conceived sledge by Mitchell. Man's stupidity hides no bounds.
You are deflecting - The article was about using injections in sports science. And players are jabbed every week to play.

And it was poor of Mitchell to bring up his family in his apology - Actually Mitchell had no reason to apologise.
What

Mitchell only apologised because it was caught on the Fox Footy Coverage. Do you think he would have apologised if it went un-noticed ?

I have no doubt EFC players have been sledged for the last three years, so today was nothing new for the players.

It would have been better if Mitchell refused to apologise. Then he would show he is a man of conviction.

One of the greatest melts of all time, thank you, I'm impressed.

So its only okay for Hird to use his family when discussing things is it?

Why have the media made all this stuff up about poor Essendon and Hird?

James Hird: Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the media propaganda finance Team Caro, and then Team Caro goes out... and the media propaganda's sit there in their... in their propaganda buildings, and... and, and see, they're all propaganda-y... and they make money.

that its just been explained

wouldn't be an issue if the hawks were a team that took as good as they give but in the end its just bizarre its taken this long for anyone to do it and it happened at a time when the game was over.

suppose its a little insight of why he isn't captain anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back