Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to really judge given the standard he was playing in is below VFL standard. I would be happy to have him on board with what was reported early in trade week of an exchange of "late picks". So here I was thinking a pick in the 80's or so for a young lad who is a category B rookie playing in the NEAFL

Well its done now. Lets hope he makes us all eat our words next year but I think he is a highly speculative pick ...... again.

We have taken a Massive Punt on Murray. Hopefully he can live up on what Hine and Co rate him as

Every team trading as much as they can into the 2018 draft saying its strong.....and here are the Pies trading out of it, 2nd rounder for this kid probably 1st rounder for Lynch and some. Always trying to one-up the rest of the competition by going against league wide views only for it to cost us in the long run.

To be honest I can imagine this happening with the Mayne deal. We wanted him to come to the pies and we offer him a 3 year deal. The compensation that Freo receive is not enough to land brad hill. Freo slightly threaten us that if we don't help us with them getting a better pick by adding an extra year to the contract, they are going to make things difficult for us to get our guy. Hine has no backbone, or is just extremely polite, and adds on the extra year

He can't Negotiate out of a Paper Bag

We will have some serious pace in 2018 if him and Crisp are our runners off the half back line. Will help Maynard move into the midfield. Seems like he has the pace, but wonder if he has the defensive edge as well...

That example is so far apart its not funny Sco.

WHE was a former pick 4 with AFL experience and shown he had talent all be it inconsistent. We paid a second rounder in a so so draft. Really got him cheap.

Murray is a cat B rookie that was at best going to be offered a 3rd year rookie spot (rumours heavily suggesting he was set to be delisted).

We paid a second rounder in a touted super draft at the least a very strong draft. We well over paid.
There is every possibility that we could of secured him in the PSD.

Anyway whats done is done Welcome to the pies I hope you have a break out season and play 150 games.

In your opinion and in this case I think that opinion is well wide of the mark.

His rating as an 18yo was completely irrelevant to the trade price we paid for him as the inconsistent, injury proan guy on a big contract he was this time last year. He was a third round pick at best and the good season this year doesn’t change that we overpaid last year!

He is quality one on one the way Burgoyne was for Hawks but his pace would be faster than someone like Hill. He can run the lines better than Leon Davis in 2011 and delver the ball better.
Well I think TG has found his Schade replacement at least.... :drunk:

That is what I took from it. Pretty much Guarantee we can get Tyler Brown.
Let’s be honest; we could have gotten Tyler Brown anyway, and if he wasn’t Rowdy’s son we couldn’t care less. We’re not even sure he’s any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team trading as much as they can into the 2018 draft saying its strong.....and here are the Pies trading out of it, 2nd rounder for this kid probably 1st rounder for Lynch and some. Always trying to one-up the rest of the competition by going against league wide views only for it to cost us in the long run.
There is only ONE premier
You win a premiership by being BETTER than the competition
You get better by doing things DIFFERENT
If you want to be an also ran and feel comfortably the same
Find a flock of sheep

Let’s be honest; we could have gotten Tyler Brown anyway, and if he wasn’t Rowdy’s son we couldn’t care less. We’re not even sure he’s any good.

Well with the Recuiters we have I am not 100% Sold they can Pick them well

Always great to get some young blokes into the side, but does this trade really fulfil a need?

Shaz, Smith, Langdon, Maynard, Crisp, Sinclair, Oxley, Ramsay, surely we have enough medium/small players on our list in our back half.

Feel as though we have other holes in our list that should be prioritised, particularly when the bloke we bring in can’t get a game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're kidding only 2 guys on that list of yours are worth keeping
This guy is EXACTLY what we need
Refered to us

The highlights up on CFC are very impressive, will be one of the fastest players on any AFL list, I like that for us.

Don't like the pick given up but who knows maybe we get something back for Ramsey that cancels it out, or maybe next years draft whilst strong drops away after the first round.

Yeah very good for bigs next year

Always great to get some young blokes into the side, but does this trade really fulfil a need?

Shaz, Smith, Langdon, Maynard, Crisp, Sinclair, Oxley, Ramsay, surely we have enough medium/small players on our list in our back half.

Feel as though we have other holes in our list that should be prioritised, particularly when the bloke we bring in can’t get a game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s a very lean 20 yo that was playing in a top side.Give him a break.

I suspect this means Rama and Sincs gone.

He’s a very lean 20 yo that was playing in a top side.Give him a break.

I suspect this means Rama and Sincs gone.

Yeah. Does not look good for Ramsey and Sinclair.

No one is having a Go at Murray. It's the Price we are all PISSED about

There is only ONE premier
You win a premiership by being BETTER than the competition
You get better by doing things DIFFERENT
If you want to be an also ran and feel comfortably the same
Find a flock of sheep

Yes i think Everyone understands the logic of being different to win a premiership... But in this day and age where coaches talk about the difference of 1% being making finals or not. Disagreeing with something like a universally agreed strong draft is being more like a 5.56% percent differential. Getting that edge or being different these days in AFL is very minimal such as slight changes in training(Arizona) etc not things like the draft.

We will have some serious pace in 2018 if him and Crisp are our runners off the half back line. Will help Maynard move into the midfield. Seems like he has the pace, but wonder if he has the defensive edge as well...
Defence is overrated in defenders, would of liked to see him tackle just once.

Made NEAFL team of the year, part of a strong culture, Sydney wanted to keep him even though he's behind the likes of McVeigh, Lloyd, Jones, Smith and Mills. Hopefully it pays off.

RIGHT ON THE MONEY
Referred to us , great get
Sydney have some of he best halfbacks in the game
Cheap get
We obviously have either f/sons, but more likely a zone nt selection hence the 3rd and 4th swap
Fair chance of finishing above Sydney next year as well
With our best draw for 8 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back