Remove this Banner Ad

bdmaw1

Draftee
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I;m sorry i came to this conclusion so late but its true. If you didn't catch the triple m comentary last week or his performance on the footy show, i'll fill you in. Sam wants every side to bomb it long to the tall forwards to mark and kick goals, just like in the olden days. He like a few of his colleques are out with the new and bring back the good old "tough" football.

So the great prophet desides 2 mins in Hawthorn will not win this game. He also spews his negativity as hawthorn work the ball around, not willing to give it up Sam maldramatically leaves the commentary box. Oh and even at half time sam his the gile to say because of this "crappy" game plan hawthorn will not win the game.

sam the fool of the week

macca_2111 said:
I reckon old Sam has always had something against the Hawks, maybe because they were so good when he played...

.... or maybe because we sacked him as ruck coach years ago and his arrogance has never allowed him to get over it.

Let's get one thing straight, Sam Newman is a first class tool, his psuedo intellectual pompous attitudes, the way he thinks he's better than everyone else simply because his parents were able to send him to Geelong Grammar, or his embarrassing pursuit of teenage girls.

However, the thing that annoys me most is he is paid HUGE dollars to comment on football, a game that he obviously has little or no interest in. He certainly has no desire to learn anything about it.

Example: The teams were read on the Footy Show for Round 1. Stupid Sammy starts to laugh at the name Roughead. He had never heard the name before. You would think someone whose profession was football commentary would at least have heard the name of the No.2 pick in the national draft, but not Sam.

Week after week he has no idea of who is playing who, or where they are playing. Dermott Brereton said it best when he said, "Sam, there is nobody in the football media who cares less about the game than you". Sam didn't argue, he obviously knew it was true.

Sam Newman is a football neanderthal, an anachronism, a parasite, and a veritable boil on the buttocks of the football world. As you may guess, I'm not real keen on him :)

Mate Sam Newman played over 300 games is a fantastic entertainer, and in my opinion is great for the game. He is the way he is becuase he wants to get a rise out of people like. My tip would be to ignore him and if u dont like him listen to another station and dont watch the footy show watch Amazing Race. Sam Newman is comic relief and i rate him highly even as a massive HAWKS fan!!

Grendel said:
He bores me, I stopped watching the footy show years ago. Dont listen to Rex or MMM.

Amazing thing you know, don't miss it in the slightest.

U stoped listening to MMM :eek: , but

MMM RoCksssssssSssS FoOTBalLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

You blokes are forgetting who has been in the game for years. 300+ games at geelong. He knows what his talking about.

Good win against brisbane by the way, tipped you this week!! go hawks

Go BlUez!! said:
You blokes are forgetting who has been in the game for years. 300+ games at geelong. He knows what his talking about.

Good win against brisbane by the way, tipped you this week!! go hawks
Oh, I'm sure Sam knows what he is talking about. Trouble is, nobody else knows what Sam is talking about.

I don't mind Sam. Has a bit of a laugh and a joke. He knows a lot more about the game than he lets on. He plays it up on the footy show because that is what he is payed to do. I wouldnt spend time worrying about him

Adelaide Hawk said:
Sam Newman is a football neanderthal, an anachronism, a parasite, and a veritable boil on the buttocks of the football world. As you may guess, I'm not real keen on him :)

Yep. He knows very little about modern football. Doesn't know players names and struggles to comprehend why a side without any experienced key forwards would not bomb the ball into Mal Michael and co. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bdmaw1 said:
I;m sorry i came to this conclusion so late but its true. If you didn't catch the triple m comentary last week or his performance on the footy show, i'll fill you in. Sam wants every side to bomb it long to the tall forwards to mark and kick goals, just like in the olden days. He like a few of his colleques are out with the new and bring back the good old "tough" football.

So the great prophet desides 2 mins in Hawthorn will not win this game. He also spews his negativity as hawthorn work the ball around, not willing to give it up Sam maldramatically leaves the commentary box. Oh and even at half time sam his the gile to say because of this "crappy" game plan hawthorn will not win the game.

sam the fool of the week

It's taken you a hell of a long time to realise this,I knew it several years ago when he used to go out in the street and talk to people that were about the same level of intelligence as himself.

He is totally banned in my house on TV,and has been for years, as I often say,if brains were a disease he would be the healthiest man on TV.
Also he is an arrogant B*****d. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Adelaide Hawk said:
Interesting to see Sam Newman on TV today obviously annoyed by Shane Crawford pushing him over while he was trying to do some trick with a broom stick. Sam called Crawf a moron, and yet it is the same Sam who saw fit to ram a cake into the face of David Schwarz on the Footy Show.
Ever hear of the word theatre..? Mate of mine has been an associate producer on the Footy Show for a number of years now and so much of it is scripted prior to going on air. Triple M the same. I thought with your ability to compile paragraphs containing various large impressive looking yet for the most part meaningless words you may have the ability to wade through all that without consulting your Oxford. You seem an intelligent person,catch up! I've sat in a commentary box with Mal Brown as an observer while he was doing live crosses and listened to all kind of theatrics,most of which had me in hysterics,only for him to turn to me while he was off air and ask me for my votes as he was so caught up in the entertainment aspect of it all he really hadn't been keeping a close eye on the game. It's all very tongue in cheek people,Sam,Mal,Crackers,Rex,B.T. and James Brayshaw play that part while the G.Lyons of this world and the Hutchy's and Breretons and Russells partake in the more serious game analysis. It's up to us who we choose to listen to,lighten up guys!

Adelaide Hawk said:
Can't we just ask you? :)
If you watched the footy show last week Eddy made a reference to it when talking to the boys from Scotch Colledge and his Captain
"you private school boys do funny things with toast"

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Newman is a fool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back