Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the denials from some Carlton fans, that is unfortunately just where SPS' trade value has ended up. Not pretty unfortunately.

I guess the only positive thing from Carlton's perspective is that it clears the list of someone who might have otherwise been a distraction.

Could be a bargain for West Coast ... but could be a list clogger. Time will deliver that verdict.

Agreed. Loads of potential and a high ceiling, but has work to do to achieve that ceiling. Low risk / High reward trade for West Coast. I wish him well!

That is a pretty uninspiring highlights package of 10 - 25m chip kicks to the nearest open player directly in front of him.

Bloke has no flare or preparedness to look further down the field where he takes a longer option.

Not real keen on him after watching that video.

Yep, he has some talent, but that isn’t showing a hell of a lot.

Put together a montage of most outside midfielders in any given year and there isn’t a whole heap of difference.

Think the Eagles have done well to get him for Pick 52, but SPS’ value is also at an all-time low and he was horrible this year.

I felt he was still worth a pick in the 30s, but it got Young in the door, so swings and roundabouts.
Was hoping he would stay on under the new coach and get used properly. I have no doubt he would have been averaging 20+ disp the last couple of years if played mid/wing/HFF. Was tracking nicely in his 3rd year before we moved him to HBF (where we had plenty of cover).
He certainly could have handled himself a bit better too, with the positional change and dropping to the VFL, but I hope he gets back to where he would have been, even if it looks like we got ripped off by this time next year.

WCE absolutely won this trade. Wish SPS all the best, has loads of talent.
If you look at trades in isolation as a win/lose/draw then probably. But if you look at how we have improved our list overall this trade period then I don't think we can lose too much sleep.

If you look at trades in isolation as a win/lose/draw then probably. But if you look at how we have improved our list overall this trade period then I don't think we can lose too much sleep.

Spot on - need to look at everything - we had to improve our midfield and KPP depth and we have done that.

I've seen these sorts of trades before.

Struggling to think of someone in the same boat - (someone who plateaud at a modest level) who has gone on to make a real fist of it.

Hopefully he can at least contribute as depth in the 15-20 range

Disastrous trade by Austin.. Can blame David Teague for his complete mis-management of Samo.. All the best in Perth and would love nothing more than to see him reach his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he has some talent, but that isn’t showing a hell of a lot.

Put together a montage of most outside midfielders in any given year and there isn’t a whole heap of difference.

Think the Eagles have done well to get him for Pick 52, but SPS’ value is also at an all-time low and he was horrible this year.
Can't complain about the price so hopefully we can get some value out of him. Pretty fortunate timing for him with the lack of midfield depth we currently have coming through as he should get a decent run at it next year.

I reckon the price you paid for Cerra evens up the two trades to about breakeven for the Blues. You did very well hanging onto #25 as I thought that he was worth a couple of good picks.

Loving the Carlton responses.

Polarising view on his value.

He's either a mistreated high talent or he's a spud.

Every club has those players that the supporters are split on.

None will easily criticize their own , Sam was disenchanted and homesick, so CFC loses out but it happens often , We wish him all the very best and hope he fulfills his potential his home state.

Wish SPS all the best. Hopefully WCE can get the best out of him.

Change of scenery and playing him in the correct role and position may see this trade being an absolute bargain in hindsight down the track.

Looks a good deal for the Eagles.

I can see him looking a million bucks skirting the outside on the wide expanses of Optus and playing well when the Eagles are dominating. Not sure he's the guy to put a flag in the ground when the heat comes in a big match though.

For pick 52, probably what you expect.

chardonnays won this one. Blues should've gotten more, but then they did do well in the Cerra trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back