Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one that can either go two ways.

He'll be traded and absolute bomb like, bad.

Or he'll get played and star and show how good he can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect him to be back in the side and getting time through the midfield and fwd line now that the heat is on our coaching group. Hopefully that gives him incentive to stay.

He's a sublime talent that has been woefully utilised by a club that insist on drafting midfielders and playing them anywhere but the midfield.

Stocker won the Morrish Medal (ahead of Walsh) as a midfielder and is in a back pocket. Dow has spent most of his career languishing on a forward flank. Zac Fisher is now a forward pocket. Could go on and on.

Bring on the review.

SPS will be at Carlton next year...
Just waiting for the priorities Cripps and McKay to get done first...

Only way I see him moving on is if he gets us overs in a deal..
Reported he loves Carlton and being in Melbourne. Also that he dropped himself to the VFL to work more on his Midfield/Forward game.

Reported he loves Carlton and being in Melbourne. Also that he dropped himself to the VFL to work more on his Midfield/Forward game.

Wouldn't have thought his contract would effect or be effected by the other 2 players you mentioned
SPS contract would be 2 years at between $350k-$400k max and would be a no brainer if he wanted to sign and the club wanted to sign him

To pose the question, why would Carlton want to re-sign him? Because he was a high draft pick?

If he was pick 50 he wouldn't be on a list anymore IMO

To pose the question, why would Carlton want to re-sign him? Because he was a high draft pick?

If he was pick 50 he wouldn't be on a list anymore IMO

When you invest so much in a player, you want exhaust all you can to get the best out of them.

The question is do they trade him now, with a little bit of currency or do they sign him and roll the dice and hope that he turns a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When you invest so much in a player, you want exhaust all you can to get the best out of them.

The question is do they trade him now, with a little bit of currency or do they sign him and roll the dice and hope that he turns a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t be our choice. OOC and plenty of clubs will want him especially at the cost.

Carlton has dicked him around. Needs a fresh start to get the best out of himself.

Dont know if SPS stays or leaves but i get the feel that if he does leave it will be to the west and my pick would be the eagles
What picks will they have 2nd round pick in the mid 30's ? If 3rd rounder pick 50 ?

Carlton would be better to keep and reskill him in another position

Dont know if SPS stays or leaves but i get the feel that if he does leave it will be to the west and my pick would be the eagles
What picks will they have 2nd round pick in the mid 30's ? If 3rd rounder pick 50 ?

Carlton would be better to keep and reskill him in another position

Reckon if he leaves its more likely to be the Lions or Suns. Still prefer to keep him.

Reckon if he leaves its more likely to be the Lions or Suns. Still prefer to keep him.
I would have thought Freo would have been the most likely being a west australian

Will be interesting to see what happens with SPS, Still think Carlton is missing an opportunity to get the best out of him and he should be played in the Murphy role between wing and half foward

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back