Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:

Just be careful, it could cause the situation in that flat to escalate, he might blame it on her. Or lash out at you.
It's strange that at the same time I was told about the possible DV situation, a man in the next suburb set off to kill his wife and shot himself and her two friends instead.
Ballarat seems to be the same and coincidentally had several possible murders within weeks and hopefully that's the end of it.

It's strange that at the same time I was told about the possible DV situation, a man in the next suburb set off to kill his wife and shot himself and her two friends instead.
Ballarat seems to be the same and coincidentally had several possible murders within weeks and hopefully that's the end of it.
That was a terrible case. I read that the guys daughter had tried to warn police that he was dangerous.

I wonder why they brought in an excavator? Would it be because there are mine shafts around there? If POS had just dug a hole and buried her you wouldn't think it would be that deep.

I wonder why they brought in an excavator? Would it be because there are mine shafts around there? If POS had just dug a hole and buried her you wouldn't think it would be that deep.
I think it was to clear vegetation on the side of the road so the detectives could drive along in their car and have a look for the body without getting out, a perfectly sensible idea especially if it was raining.

I think it was to clear vegetation on the side of the road so the detectives could drive along in their car and have a look for the body without getting out, a perfectly sensible idea especially if it was raining.
Big risk of damaging or compromising whatever evidence might be there. They've waited nearly two months - they can wait a day or two for it to stop raining. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring in cadaver dogs and ground-penetrating radar before randomly destroying vegetation?

Big risk of damaging or compromising whatever evidence might be there. They've waited nearly two months - they can wait a day or two for it to stop raining. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring in cadaver dogs and ground-penetrating radar before randomly destroying vegetation?
They must have their reasons, including any evidence is in there. Just confirmed on the news, police have found a mobile phone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the photos it doesn't look like a 'good' location to dump a body. Perhaps the "tech sniffer" dogs detected the phone? Or maybe there was a tipoff which focussed them on that location?

From the photos it doesn't look like a 'good' location to dump a body. Perhaps the "tech sniffer" dogs detected the phone? Or maybe there was a tipoff which focussed them on that location?
It hasn't rained here for 6 months and prior to that those dams would have been full to overflowing with water there was that much.

Probably was a decent spot initially but clearly didn't predict the rain to just stop coming altogether

The phone might be degraded or damaged. They need to get the SIM / IMEI to confirm it's SM's. OR, the whole thing might be a stunt.
So, is that a picture of police picking it up? That was a very quick release of vital info!
Wouldn't they know if SM's phone was in a pouch with something else.
And what else is with it - her driver's licence?
Stunt is what I'd be suggesting in this instance.

So, is that a picture of police picking it up? That was a very quick release of vital info!
Wouldn't they know if SM's phone was in a pouch with something else.
And what else is with it - her driver's licence?
Stunt is what I'd be suggesting in this instance.
Looks very much like a staged photo at least. How would the cameraman be in place just as the cop picked up the phone? And surely it wasn't just lying there on a flat piece of ground? I imagine they dug up bushes, and then sifted through the excavated material to find the phone - there is no rubble or vegetation in the picture.

Looks very much like a staged photo at least. How would the cameraman be in place just as the cop picked up the phone? And surely it wasn't just lying there on a flat piece of ground? I imagine they dug up bushes, and then sifted through the excavated material to find the phone - there is no rubble or vegetation in the picture.
1716960525154.png
1716960546726.png
1716960595431.png
1716960626303.png

In this photo she isn’t wearing a running belt. Where would she put her phone? I’m not an expert but most running belts and arm bands won’t fit a phone when it is inside a case. I have to take it out of the case to put it in my running belt or the armband if I use it. Did she definitely have a phone on her, or just the watch?

Attachments

• 2585EAFD-D05F-4DC2-84E6-A944C45F8173.png
    2585EAFD-D05F-4DC2-84E6-A944C45F8173.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 24
In this photo she isn’t wearing a running belt. Where would she put her phone? I’m not an expert but most running belts and arm bands won’t fit a phone when it is inside a case. I have to take it out of the case to put it in my running belt or the armband if I use it. Did she definitely have a phone on her, or just the watch?

Lots of running leggings have pockets

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back