Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
The mods can't save you mate.
I am not the one who needs saving.
He's a toxic male with a drug and alcohol problem. It was a rape thrill killing imo and for some reason he thought he would get away with it. No one else is involved and there's no conspiracy.
There's still people posting on this thread that fingered the husband because of 'stats'.
You should lose your posting rights if you talk crap with zero evidence.
crap with zero evidence

Just here to call out all the crap theories and accusations.
It was a real person who was killed you know and people should respect that.
Got that evidence that rape was involved yet?

Otherwise it’s a crap theory and accusation. I don’t think Samantha’s family and friends would like reading baseless claims that she was r*ped.

That mentality doesn’t work for me, and I think there’s some big lessons in store for those who think that Life should be all about what’s ‘easy’ for them.

It’s not intended to be some idyllic journey where we just sit back and enjoy the ride to our final destination, but this isn’t the place for me to get on that soapbox .. lol
Brings to mind the quote "if you do what is easy your life will be hard. If you do what is hard your life will be easy".

A lot of the time it is the husband though. it shouldn't be assumed that it isn't the husband just because it is disrespectful to the family.
There was no bloody proof that it was the husband ever suspected by the Police.

He had been discounted on day one

They didn't even suggest that a family member were assisting them with investigations.

The Police speak in a carefully coded language by what they don't say and if the listener parses their words carefully the words they choose gives an understanding of what they really are saying or hinting at

Which any true crime aficionado understands

Usually they don't broadcast who their suspects are. Or aren't.
Read behind and between the lines.

The excused him by the end of day one as his movements were accounted for pretty much immediately.

The Police would have had the same access to the statistics and would have already exhausted that avenue of investigation by the time of the first press conference.

We will know why during commital when the evidence the Police have uncovered, such as her phone data, his phone data, the contact he had with the Police on that day and the reasons for contacting all are drawn together to present the prosecution narrative

Read behind and between the lines.

The excused him by the end of day one as his movements were accounted for pretty much immediately.

The Police would have had the same access to the statistics and would have already exhausted that avenue of investigation by the time of the first press conference.

We will know why during commital when the evidence the Police have uncovered, such as her phone data, his phone data, the contact he had with the Police on that day and the reasons for contacting all are drawn together to present the prosecution narrative
The committal may hear some or all the evidence the police have. We the public may not necessarily know any of it until the trial proper.

Ain’t that the truth. You see it all the time on social media.

Whether someone’s been assaulted, robbed or scammed there’s direct or indirect criticism of the victim.

As though no one has ever made an error of judgment or a mistake in their life.

All it does it take the onus off the offender.
Don't you think this is part of our upbringing? If you are injured, you are said to have "hurt yourself", people will ask you "what did you do?".

They don't say, "who hurt you?" or "who did that to you?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a toxic male with a drug and alcohol problem. It was a rape thrill killing imo and for some reason he thought he would get away with it. No one else is involved and there's no conspiracy.

This is my theory too. He killed because he wanted to.

Probably had entertained the idea for awhile and he saw an opportunity and took it.

My best guess is he had an argument with the gf or mum or some other woman and the anger he felt drove him to act out his fantasy that morning.

Was probably in his car sleeping or hanging out until daylight and Samantha was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He is probably arrogant and entitled and absolutely thought he’d get away with it and probably still does.

This is not in anyway aimed at you - but just wanted to express my thoughts about comments such as those that reference a Female doing something ‘that provokes’ a Male.

I can’t get my head around it. . why is it the ‘female’ who has the finger pointed as being ‘responsible’ !?
- oh she wore something too short, too tight, too revealing, tooo …. oh, she was too friendly, she was flirty, she was angry, bla bla ..

Are the Male of our species really such contaminated Neanderthals that they are incapable of behaving in a civilised and respectful way to other human beings, irrespective of their sexuality ?
It seems to be the case, more and more. I think I’d be ashamed to be ‘male’ .
Absolutely 100% the male to blame in that circumstance and vast majority of the attention should be on that.

But because we know robbers exist we still need to do things like lock doors and it would be a bit silly of us to leave the door wide open despite it being entirely the fault of the robber. We know scum exist so unfortunately we need to take precautions, and unfortunately women need to take more precautions than males. That doesn't we accept the scum or throw our hands up in air defeated by them, but it still means we need to be aware of our own behaviors and take extra steps as unfair as it may seem.

Absolutely 100% the male to blame in that circumstance and vast majority of the attention should be on that.

But because we know robbers exist we still need to do things like lock doors and it would be a bit silly of us to leave the door wide open despite it being entirely the fault of the robber. We know scum exist so unfortunately we need to take precautions, and unfortunately women need to take more precautions than males. That doesn't we accept the scum or throw our hands up in air defeated by them, but it still means we need to be aware of our own behaviors and take extra steps as unfair as it may seem.
I feel this post is right on the boundary of victim blaming. I'm not saying it is victim blaming, just that it is teetering on the verge

I feel this post is right on the boundary of victim blaming. I'm not saying it is victim blaming, just that it is teetering on the verge
I didn’t see it that way but rather how sad but realistic it is that because of people’s behaviour, women need to take extra precautions, hence education on drink spiking in bars by sexual assault perpetrators or using a different example, child protection education for kids because there’s pedos who take advantage of children.

I didn’t see it that way but rather how sad but realistic it is that because of people’s behaviour, women need to take extra precautions, hence education on drink spiking in bars by sexual assault perpetrators or using a different example, child protection education for kids because there’s pedos who take advantage of children.
I don't see it that way either. I didn't say it was victim blaming. It's toes just behind the line of the boundary type of post, in my opinion

I just realised the answer to my question. There's a part of me believe that it's victim blaming and another part of me believes that it's practical to suggest those things. Eureka!

I just realised the answer to my question. There's a part of me believe that it's victim blaming and another part of me believes that it's practical to suggest those things. Eureka!
That’s the trouble - modern ideology often conflicts with commonsense 🙁

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back