Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
What interests me, whoever put her phone in that particular dam did a sloppy job, (possibly under pressure/stress). But has made it difficult to find Samantha's body. Just my opinion, looks like two different people involved or others, possibly working in different roles, which could make this premeditated
Was it a Sloppy Job ? Or was it Deliberate ?

Perhaps it was placed there with the intention that it be found and to be immediately known by the contents of the wallet case that it belonged to SM.

We have no idea what may have been stored / found on that phone; whether there was sensitive information, who was in the Contact list, was it all legit, was it intended to incriminate someone or whether the location was a decoy to send Police on a wild goose chase.

Was there a deeper reason that POS’ parents left town so quickly ? Maybe the initial ‘withholding’ of his identity was deliberate. Maybe his family went into police protection.
Do locals know if his sisters left with them as I think I heard that one worked in Real Estate & stayed in Ballarat.
Do locals know if they are still away ?

Perhaps it was placed there with the intention that it be found and to be immediately known by the contents of the wallet case that it belonged to SM.

We have no idea what may have been stored / found on that phone; whether there was sensitive information, who was in the Contact list, was it all legit, was it intended to incriminate someone or whether the location was a decoy to send Police on a wild goose chase.

Was there a deeper reason that POS’ parents left town so quickly ? Maybe the initial ‘withholding’ of his identity was deliberate. Maybe his family went into police protection.
Do locals know if his sisters left with them as I think I heard that one worked in Real Estate & stayed in Ballarat.

Sister is still in Ballarat and working the same job

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had to ask, I’m not sure what it takes to be on a criminal gang elimination list.
Look at what happened to Jane Thurgood-Dove. She was executed and it was a case of mistaken identity. The shooters had the wrong street, if I recall. Maybe something similar happened here? It is a far-fetched scenario though, I think. The whole gang thing or bikie thing. But you never know hey :)

And was it actually in working order? Maybe police wanted to scare people or POS into saying something or making a mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
From what I understand the police cannot release misguiding/misleading information. I think they either tell the truth or nothing at all. Otherwise, if they did then no one would trust the cops. So, the phone must be working. Unless they said to the media that they cannot confirm or deny if the phone is in working order and the media have run with it being in working order because that would draw more attention from the public. And get them more clicks. Maybe.

You would think that they would be able to get prints off the phone too. Or the cards.

The thing is, if a third party disposed of it they would have made that decision on their own, because POS can't very well ring someone from prison and say "Hey mate, the phone is here, can you go chuck it in a lake? Ta."

You would think that they would be able to get prints off the phone too. Or the cards.

The thing is, if a third party disposed of it they would have made that decision on their own, because POS can't very well ring someone from prison and say "Hey mate, the phone is here, can you go chuck it in a lake? Ta."
Highly doubt it if its been in water for moths. No chance of prints doubtful they get info off it at all

Look at what happened to Jane Thurgood-Dove. She was executed and it was a case of mistaken identity. The shooters had the wrong street, if I recall. Maybe something similar happened here? It is a far-fetched scenario though, I think. The whole gang thing or bikie thing. But you never know hey :)
True but with the area SM was murdered they probably would have had to watch SM for some time to know exactly where she ran which lessons the likelihood of it being mistaken identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back