Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to win conference to make super bowl I reckon. Don't like chances of going into lions dome to win on the road.

Cap is all good the next 2 years.... Maybe clearing space for Hasson Reddick 😂

-----
John Lynch and the 49ers pulled off some salary cap sorcery today … After signing Trent Williams to a 3-year deal worth upwards of$82.6M and restructuring Deebo Samuel’s contract, San Francisco now has approximately $50.4M in cap space this season and $60M in 2025.

Suddenly, Brock Purdy’s and Deebo Samuel’s new contracts don’t seem so prohibitive to team building.

Cap is all good the next 2 years.... Maybe clearing space for Hasson Reddick 😂

-----
John Lynch and the 49ers pulled off some salary cap sorcery today … After signing Trent Williams to a 3-year deal worth upwards of$82.6M and restructuring Deebo Samuel’s contract, San Francisco now has approximately $50.4M in cap space this season and $60M in 2025.

Suddenly, Brock Purdy’s and Deebo Samuel’s new contracts don’t seem so prohibitive to team building.

Now we just need Williams to play out the term.

Greenlaw, Ward, Purdy, Lenoir, Banks all significant contracts on the horizon.

Will lose some of these guys....imagine if the 49ers used all those Lance picks on offensive line and a DE.

Would all still be on rookie contracts and coming into career peak and potentially set at RT, Pass Rusher opposite Bosa and interior line.

They lucked out with Purdy but monster draft trades just aren't worth it.....even if Lance had worked out.

Now we just need Williams to play out the term.

Greenlaw, Ward, Purdy, Lenoir, Banks all significant contracts on the horizon.

Will lose some of these guys....imagine if the 49ers used all those Lance picks on offensive line and a DE.

Would all still be on rookie contracts and coming into career peak and potentially set at RT, Pass Rusher opposite Bosa and interior line.

They lucked out with Purdy but monster draft trades just aren't worth it.....even if Lance had worked out.
Hufanga as well

My prediction for the seasons.

49ers finish 13-4 and win NFC.
Make it all the way to super bowl and play chiefs in rematch. This time Mr Irrelevant throws game winning td as time expires to the guy who could have died from a gunshot wound just before season starts. Its basically a Disney movie waiting to happen.

Last edited:
6c7caab42d4533872717186ea61cb370.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction for the seasons.

49ers finish 13-4 and win NFC.
Make it all the way to super bowl and play chiefs in rematch. This time Mr Irrelevant throws game winning td as time expires to the guy who could have died from a gunshot wound just before season starts. Its basically a Disney movie waiting to happen.

Almost as good as my 2022 prediction that Jimmy G comes on in the 4th quarter of the SB to lead 2 game winning drives after Purdy gets knocked out with a shoulder.

Unfortunately Brocks injury happened a week earlier and Jimmy was dressed in street clothes on the sideline.

It's basically a HBO mini series waiting to happen.

I love Cohn only cos his not kissing the ass of 49ers management like other beat reporters.
Not winning a single super bowl under kyle and lynch means their a failure and glad grant calls them out for it.

I love Cohn only cos his not kissing the ass of 49ers management like other beat reporters.
Not winning a single super bowl under kyle and lynch means their a failure and glad grant calls them out for it.
I don't think it's that simple and black and white tbh

2021 was the real missed opportunity and not sure Lynch and Kyle can be blamed for Tartt missing an easy int late

2022 no qbs in the NFC champ game. Also not Kyle or Lynch fault

Add in coming up against a historic qb and coach duo

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I had actually warmed to him of late and I think he changed his approach after being fronted by Kinlaw. He tries to be witty but is rarely funny.

He has good points with Shanahan with his criticisms at times but his take on Shanahan after the Pearsall shooting was out of line.

Its the fact they don't address own biggest weakness in OL every year has my disillusioned with the team. Why i like grant cos i feel he is aswell.

Its the fact they don't address own biggest weakness in OL every year has my disillusioned with the team. Why i like grant cos i feel he is aswell.

As I've gone on record before, all those Lance picks would have been best served on the offensive line.

However, whilst their drafting has been hit and miss, especially high picks, the evidence suggests that free agents come here and perform better (looking at you Gravedigger to play up to your contract this year) and his staff are constantly being poached so Shanahan must being doing something right.

But I'm with you on the fact it's more than coincidence that at the biggest most pivotal moment Shanahan's stubbornness has cost us dearly.

Interested to see how today plays out.

CMC injury concerns, extended breaks for BA and Trent. Ricky being shot.

Changes on and off the field on the D side of things. 2 areas to improve will be not giving up 1st downs after the getting teams in 3rd and longs, and stopping the run - some very questionable moments last season.

How will Rodgers play after such a long layoff? Will the Jets D remain strong?

Just really hard to get a read on things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back