Sando's "A Grade" midfield watch

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good point. Perhaps we're being too harsh on the Crows mids. After all, they are significantly handicappped in comparison to their Port counterparts by playing under an arrogant delusional media-whore flog of a coach and the worst fitness guy in the business. Somebody with Dangerfield's athletic gifts and raw talent could be the best player in the competition under the tutelage of Hinkley, Walsh and Burgess, but unfortunately it's not to be.

And Amstaff called me sour. Did Sando cut your lunch? Also looks like our pre-season fitness has been good this year other than two freakish mishaps.
And in regards to arrogance, read your own post, it smacks of arrogance.

Somebody with Dangerfield's athletic gifts and raw talent could be the best player in the competition under the tutelage of Hinkley, Walsh and Burgess, but unfortunately it's not to be.

Geez, make it to a semi-final and all of a sudden they think they "exist to win premierships" again.

How about you rank the Port and Camry mids then.

Let's see where you think reality sits.
In all and utter honesty trying to put bias aside:

1, Dangerfield
2. Boak
3. Thompson
4. Wingard
5. Sloane
6. Douglas
7. Hartlett
8. Ebert
9. Broadbent
10. Crouch/Wines

Thats my top 10. Couldnt fit both Crouch and Wines in, but in fairness theyre pretty close.

Edit: Forgot Cornes who would probably sneak into the 10 but like VB is fighting for his spot.

For one you've stated that Chad would kick the winning goal in a GF after the siren. There is no evidence to back this up as he's never been in that position.
Dangerfield is a very very good set shot, his accuracy can be questioned on the run. I don't compare the two directly, they are very different beasts. I agree that Wingard could certainly be as good a player, possibly better, but I still think Dangerfield has another level yet.

He had no problem slotting those two goals in the showdown which won us the game. Have you got any stats to suggest Patty has a good set shot record? I think you may be surprised.

1, Dangerfield
2. Boak
3. Thompson
4. Wingard
5. Sloane
6. Douglas
7. Hartlett
8. Ebert
9. Broadbent
10. Crouch/Wines

Thats my top 10. Couldnt fit both Crouch and Wines in, but in fairness theyre pretty close.

Edit: Forgot Cornes who would probably sneak into the 10 but like VB is fighting for his spot.
Wow you really overestimate Thompson and really underestimate Ebert.

And people saying Danger > Wingard

Average 21 Disposals + 43 Goals > 23 disposals + 31 goals.

FACTS
Chad 39th in the league for Goal assist. Danger not even in top 80.
Chad 45th in the league for Disposals. Danger is 66th
Chad 67th in the league for effective disposals. Dangerfield not even in top 100.
Chad 9th in the league for inside 50s. Dangerfield is 12th.
Dangerfield is 24th in the league for Clanger. Chad is 34th
Chad is 27th for Marks Inside 50. Dangerfield is 55th

Last edited:

1, Dangerfield
2. Boak
3. Thompson
4. Wingard
5. Sloane
6. Douglas
7. Hartlett
8. Ebert
9. Broadbent
10. Crouch/Wines

Not a bad effort at all.

Might quibble about some of the decisions - Thompson above Sloan [I think Sloane, even though his numbers are lower, probably offers a bit more and is cleaner, will only get better/ Thompson seemed to be slowing down - injury?]. Broadbent above Kornes [I think Kornes works harder, has improved his kicking, is still one of the leagues best midfield shut down players and hasn't really shown signs of slowing down]. And lastly, on last years form would probably have Ebert ahead of Hartlett, while hammer can have a huge impact with his kicking, I think Ebert has a better all round game, but a lot of that will come down to personal preference as they are pretty close calls to make and players play different roles.

See it's not that hard footy4ever.

Wow you really overestimate Thompson and really underestimate Ebert.
Thompson had a poor year last year by anyones standards and still managed to poll 9 brownlow votes. He polled a whopping 25 in 2012. He is also not hugely liked by the umpires.
Now I know brownlow isnt everything and doesnt give a rounded look but if Thommo is over his injury concerns I think he'll be more like 2012 Thompson than 2013 Thompson this year.

Ebert is a tough one. For me hes a quality midfielder but just a little vanilla... i see him as solid across the board but no standout qualities which would put him above the others. Maybe he should be above Hartlett but he cant be above wingard, douglas they were all australian squad members last season and boht had dominant years.

Admit it..............You do get horny when you see a dog dont ya "DOGGY BOY":rolleyes:

What on earth is wrong with you?

I try and hope this is just a terrible troll account, but even that doesn't explain some of the shit you post.

19732d1366922620-okoro-gone-eating_popcorn.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FACTS
Chad 67th in the league for effective disposals. Dangerfield not even in top 100.
One year doth not make a career young padiwan.

FACTS

Are you really using totals instead of average per game when Wingard played 4 more games in 2013 compared to Dangerfield?

Last edited:
Not a bad effort at all.

Might quibble about some of the decisions - Thompson above Sloan [I think Sloane, even though his numbers are lower, probably offers a bit more and is cleaner, will only get better/ Thompson seemed to be slowing down - injury?]. Broadbent above Kornes [I think Kornes works harder, has improved his kicking, is still one of the leagues best midfield shut down players and hasn't really shown signs of slowing down]. And lastly, on last years form would probably have Ebert ahead of Hartlett, while hammer can have a huge impact with his kicking, I think Ebert has a better all round game, but a lot of that will come down to personal preference as they are pretty close calls to make and players play different roles.

See it's not that hard footy4ever.
Ha ha, never said it was hard, but if it will stop your characteristic Port Power whinging, I'll give you this…on different days, each of those listed by DangerSloan down to Hartlett are as good/valuable, as each other, so put them in any order you want. Other than that, Crouch is better than plodder Ollie….and who is Ebert?…oh that's right, he's the guy we should have taken before Dangerfield in the draft.:)

Jacobs, Dangerfield, Sloane, S.Thompson, Smith, Douglas, Grigg, B.Crouch, Wright, Mackay.. Yeh I don't think we'll lose any sleep over what you think.
I think you'll need 20 antihistamine tablets a night looking at that list

Remove this Banner Ad

Sando's "A Grade" midfield watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back