Sandringham v Box Hill Sun 14 August 2pm @ Sandringham

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy Vs the Stangers

Development Side

Well ho hum another great win by the development side but that is just seeling them short. They just keep winning. After a close first half they turned on the power in the third to pull out 7 goals in front. There was a generally a lot of Niggle in the game which blew out into brawl. Sandy obviously realising they couldn’t win the game wanted to change the direction of the contest. It was school yard footy at its best.

Grow Up Sandy

Hawthorn Listed

Menegola: He played after missing last week. Played his part and worked his way into the game was good for the run hope he imposes himself on the contest more next week.

Jack Mahoney: Played well of the half back flank. Goes in hard at the ball and more than serviceable keep it up jack
These two kids will stay in the development side for the foreseeable future one would think.

Box Hill Senior Side

Well what a game. It was great to come away with the points given a lot of us thought we had lost it going into the last. We had our chances to kill the contest both in the 3rd and last but were terrible going forward. Especially in that frantic last quarter where we missed some great opportunities streaming forward where we gave off that extra handball or missed the last kick. In saying all of that we gutsed it out for a great win and kept our chances alive for the finals.

Hawthorn Listed.

Langford: Had a defensive role in the backline and didn’t really stand out today. Did a couple of nice things and attacks the ball as always. Misjudged a ball in flight in the last in a contest which I thought would cost us the game luckily the ball found its way out of bounds. Developing well and will only get better.

Cheney: Awesome game from Cheney as others have mentioned. Impacted the contest more than any other player on the field. He either punched the ball away to other box hill players took the mark or cleaned up his own mess. A lot to like from his performance given he was extremely stiff to be dropped in the first place. He would be pushing for selection on that display.

Sierakowsky: Hadn’t played for a while maybe 4 or 5 weeks so a bit rusty to start with but really worked his way into the contest. One particular play where he got the ball off half back hand passed it away and then got it back bursting through three sandy players with pace was great to see.

Savage: He hadn’t played for a few weeks and it showed was hardly sighted and couldn’t possibly be in selectors mind on that performance.

Lisle: Hard to judge Lisle’s game he competed for the ball but did drop his head in marking contests a couple of times. It was interesting few of us yelling out from the boundary for him to have a set shot might have swayed him to take one of those shots early in the game of which he did convert. He was better than last week is all I can really say.

Williams: Gets the ball does young Williams just doesn’t do enough with it. Still he does compete well and does put his body on the line. Deserves his spot in the side at this stage.

Johnson: Obviously under done couldn’t get to many contests around the ground. But he did put his body on the line in the last. He also competed well in the ruck against Gardiner.

Schneider: Got a lot of the ball and played a good game come to expect that from him. He knows how to find the ball but still needs to work on his defensive side of the game. His kicking also lacks penetration sometimes needs another preseason at the very least.

Grimley: Well I knew the boy was going to have his work cut out for him today. Up against Gardiner who was twice his size he was going to struggle to match him. Gardiner let him know about it too by crashing into him in the first couple of minutes. Took a couple of marks and played a good last quarter. Apart from his chase down in the last that someone else mentioned he also played on Gardiner in the last and at full back and in one contest after the ball hit the deck he left Gardiner for dead picking it up one handed and running away from him. There is a lot to like about the young man.

Milne: After a quiet first quarter once again he got a lot of the ball still doesn’t impose himself on games like he should.

Box Hill Hawks Listed

Boumann: Played another great game in defense. He hasn’t been beaten very often this year. He will go close to an AFL list I think.

Mirra: What can you say week in week out. Mr Reliable hardly ever gets beaten in a marking contest and very rarely loses his feet. He would be unlucky to be still playing VFL footy next year one would think.

Gilchrist: Positions himself well in contests and can kick a goal. He played one of his better games for us today. He was in the better players on the ground. He could have been best on had he nailed a couple shots on goal during the game.

Jackson: Had a great first quarter and had lot of the ball for the game was one of the chief criminals in the 3rd going forward where he burned three kicks in a row. That is being harsh on the bloke because he really put in. It was a great effort and game from Jackson today.

Special mentions to Kiel and Andrews

Congrats to Sam Gibson on his 100th game looking forward to the big game next week at home.

VFL radio commentators were saying how great Kiel was today? Anyone at the ground able to confirm/deny this? I'd be more inclined to go by what you guys say than the VFL radio guys as they'd hardly see BHH play.

Unfortunately 3WBC (my preferred choice) had a very patchy, average quality internet feed coming through so I had to tolerate the other guys. :thumbsdown:

VFL radio commentators were saying how great Kiel was today? Anyone at the ground able to confirm/deny this? I'd be more inclined to go by what you guys say than the VFL radio guys as they'd hardly see BHH play.

Unfortunately 3WBC (my preferred choice) had a very patchy, average quality internet feed coming through so I had to tolerate the other guys. :thumbsdown:

I did give him a special mention :p. Yes he was good. A straight at it player. Good game off half back

Cheney obviously desperate to get back into the Hawthorn side, was outstanding from the opening qtr. Pleasing to see players really value their spots and put in such performances.

Thought Boumann was again excellent, particularly in the last qtr when Michael Gardiner spent some time up forward. Boumann consistently getting the spoil in.

Lisle kicked four, but thought he was beaten, for once, in the physical contests by his opponent, Tom Simpkin.

Couple of the recent medical listees were present, Mitch Hallahan with a large cast on his ankle & Luke Lowden.

The Development Squad notch up another fine win. Sandringham reserves really lost the plot in the last quarter, a finals spot on the line for them. Things got pretty willing. And No 47 was silly enough to have a go at Ben Monkhurst with Dad somewhere in the crowd.

VFL radio commentators were saying how great Kiel was today? Anyone at the ground able to confirm/deny this?.... :thumbsdown:

After half time Kiel was one of our best. He got a lot of contested footy.

Special mention to Luke Andrews who was being sniped by that maggot Baker. Andrews did not take a backward step. Good kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandringham v Box Hill Sun 14 August 2pm @ Sandringham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back