Sandy Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

You WA twits bitch and moan about the pro-Vic commentary.
Well that's payback for you inflicting these ********s on us

426685567-199toje.jpg

Tim_Gossage.jpg

055842-glen-jakovich.jpg

and this annoying shit,who is a W.A export

th-svTAYLOR.jpg

Now STFU and do what I do when BT is commentating.Use this button

5.jpg

I have Foxtel mate and Foxtel rarely use these guys ...most Eagles games are on fox

No I won't sfu ....sandy Roberts is the most biased caller ever ....

Possibly, but I found comments like 'hopefully Carlton can clear the ball from the backline' to be unnecessary.

That said, looking at that Rogues Gallery of WA commentators, we're not in a position to cast judgement :(

Our callers are crap in terms of quality....agree but they are no where near as biased as the Victorian flogs on fox footy which really should be re-named Vic Footy

Now who's the one who called mick mcguane's buitifull running goal in the 90's because it goes along the lines of "phil manassa like goal by micky mcguane", just totally destroyed what potentially could have been a great peice of commentary you listen to it on highlight clips now and then just cringe. Im mean who could possibly stuff that its given to ya on a platter.

Fantastic goal, I think Mcguane ran too far for Robbo's brain to keep up.

Bump

I hope he retire soon....dead set bias in yesterday's game was a joke

Hates western Australian teams

He lept referring to Carlton's son of guns .....likes he best mates with them. Getting all orgasmic every time Carlton wet forward.

Dead set dinosaur and um staggered this is the best we can throw up for Foxtel

He's incompetent fool.

Piss off Roberts and do us all a favour and retire you incompetent dinosaur.
He kept referring to Darling as Kennedy, kinda amusing

Got a lot of Rex Hunt 2008 onwards about him. Clearly doesn't invest as much time as he did and still should to be a commentator in the know and as a result is basically just a cheerleader without any real knowledge of the players on the field.

Is there some running gag where he has to adjust his sleeve every time it comes back from a break?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't get a lot of the players names right.
Biased as **** and flat out barracks.
Knows jack shit about the game in general.
Still doesn't pronounce Fremantle correctly after 21 years.
Thinks he is really funny, he isn't.
He has a very ugly mug on TV.
Supports St Kilda FC.

Yeah apart from that he is great though.

Sandy commentated a Dees nab cup game earlier this year and I'm not sure he got a single name correct. It was like he was just reading names out of a phone book
A couple of weeks ago we versed you guys and he referred to Tom McDonald as Kyle Cheney on two or three occasions. Called Matt Crouch Matt Couch. And called Lyons McGovern and vice versa.

Worst commentator by a long shot. At least the others get names right.

Who was the old guy that commentated on channel 7 back in the 90s? Always use to do Friday night footy he was awesome. Would call glen archer a desperado when he would throw his body around.

Commentary is bothering me more than ever lately.

It's not even the bias. Although some are insufferable in that regard (Mark Ricciuto), I get the idea of willing on the underdog to make the game more interesting.

It's quite simply that most of them aren't good at their job. You would think with the amount of money networks spend on the rights, and the amount of competition there would be to get a gig doing this, that the standard would be pretty high... Sandy Roberts can't even pronounce Frenantle correctly.

That example might be a bit petty, but almost every game is riddled with enough commentary errors to show that they don't even watch that much footy. The whole thing is just a big boys club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back