AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays
SANFL Grand Final Sunday Football Park 3:10pm

Central District v Glenelg

Who will win and why?

Prediction - Glenelg by 10 points

Why? - Its 2 all in head to head clashes this year with the Doggies. The Semi Final loss gave Glenelg a kick up the bum it needed. Will hopefully be a hard at the ball contest with the Bays hanging on to break the 22 year drought. (Disclaimer - I am yellow and black biased):thumbsu:

I am going to tip Centrals. I think that they have been the most dominant team this year.

Centrals by 6 points.

They finshed third and are 2-2 with Glenelg after 4 meetings through the year and have been the most dominant team?

Should be a good game (better than the second semi anyway), I shall tip the Bays out of pure bias, however.

From a Centrals point of view 2008 has reminded me of 2006 where we were patchy throughout the H&A season then bang turned it on for the finals and got straight into the granny but lost :(

Centrals 2 goals is my tip it will be a hard game for them and the Bays will challenge them every quarter, but it will be a great game to watch :thumbsu:.

They finshed third and are 2-2 with Glenelg after 4 meetings through the year and have been the most dominant team?

Should be a good game (better than the second semi anyway), I shall tip the Bays out of pure bias, however.

I agree H&A season we werent the most dominant Glenelg and Sturt easily were.

But in finals Centrals were the most dominant.

Centrals play finals football, get the ball kick it long get numbers to the fall of the ball... Centrals are probably the bigger boddied of the two sides in the guts and thats where i feel it will be won! Allen could be a massive loss to them and Schell up forward ripped them a new hole... Schell to quick, to Agile, to Strong just TO GOOD.

Centrals by 31 in a last quater 8 goals to 3...

Schell for Jack Oatey Medal!

2008.jpg

PLEASE GLENELG PLEASE!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that anyone who thinks logically about it is tipping Centrals, and anyone who tips Glenelg finishes off with .... I Hope...

The game could be anyone's on the day, but if both teams play their best footy, then Centrals is the harder, more skilfill, better drilled, more team oriented outfit. Glenelg have done well, but not up to the pressure the dogs apply on GF day. In 02 we got surprised by Sturt, and that won't happen again. (before anyone says what about 06... the Eagles were a better side all year, not the case with the bays this year)

will mcconnell play?

almost certainly not. got dropped to the ressies 6+ weeks ago after lean few weeks. came back to the league side for the first final and pulled a hammie. didn't do much before the injury either.

as for who will win... bays, by 2 goals if they play like they played last week...

Seems that anyone who thinks logically about it is tipping Centrals, and anyone who tips Glenelg finishes off with .... I Hope...

If you have been a Glenelg supporter as long as I have, you would understand. In my lifetime the Bays have played in 14 Grand Finals for only 3 Wins. In fact it was 14 GF’s in just 23 years. I was witness to 10 of them for just 2 wins, that sort of devastation can scar a man for life!

If you have been a Glenelg supporter as long as I have, you would understand. In my lifetime the Bays have played in 14 Grand Finals for only 3 Wins. In fact it was 14 GF’s in just 23 years. I was witness to 10 of them for just 2 wins, that sort of devastation can scar a man for life!

That's why it would be so funny to see them lose again :p

should be a good game. If the bays are on and centrals a little bit off the bays might get up. If i had to put my house on it the doggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Grand Final - Who will win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back