Sanity at last from the MRP!

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Barry Hall is in the clear for his little tantrum against O'Brien. I think Barry showed commendable restraint while dealing with a tosser of immense proportions.

And Mooney is also safe, despite the MRP looking at his HUGE tantrum against Stevic. I think the entire AFL community (except Geelong fans) thinking you're a whiny little b**** is punishment enough. That goes double for Bomber.

But in all honesty, the MRP hasn't impacted the finals this week, which is all you can ask for really.

Disagree - Barry Hall is a huge tosser and he has set such a low standard for self-control that when he doesn't punch someone in the face he is said to have controlled himself, while every normal person can control themselves without bashing Harry Obrien in the throat. It's a joke he got off.

I dunno, I think i'd take a shot at Harry Obrian if I had the chance*...

* and was as big as BBBBH

Disagree - Barry Hall is a huge tosser and he has set such a low standard for self-control that when he doesn't punch someone in the face he is said to have controlled himself, while every normal person can control themselves without bashing Harry Obrien in the throat. It's a joke he got off.

Normal people can control themselves because normal people don't get niggled as much as Barry. He was a loose cannon in the past but has matured.

Having said that, I think most normal people would want to bash Harry O'Brien in the throat.

Normal people can control themselves because normal people don't get niggled as much as Barry. He was a loose cannon in the past but has matured.

Having said that, I think most normal people would want to bash Harry O'Brien in the throat.

What a pathetic excuse. All forwards get that kinda treatment yet he's the only one punching anyone. And even if he does get niggled more than other forwards, it doesn't mean it's OK for him to punch people.

Matured? Matured from what? The mental thug that he was?

What a pathetic excuse. All forwards get that kinda treatment yet he's the only one punching anyone. And even if he does get niggled more than other forwards, it doesn't mean it's OK for him to punch people.

Matured? Matured from what? The mental thug that he was?

Exactly right. Barry Hall is nothing but a cowardly thug.

Hitting someone in the throat is very serious - if he hit the right spot O'Brien would quite possibly be dead now - it is the easiest way to kill - crush the trachea/throat and Barry Hall as a boxer would know this. If hit right the only cure is a tracheotomy, obviously done very promptly within a few minutes. It is totally banned and instant suspension in all properly regulated martial art sports. In real life it is commonly called a "life or death" defence. AFL is extremely lucky the hit didn't land right, EXTREMELY LUCKY. Absolutely amazed he got off this one - this is actually more serious than the round-house hit he did on Staker due to the potential damage that could have been done to O'Brien if it had a little more force and landed exactly right.

Really cannot believe no one in the media has picked up on this.

If O'Brien really wanted to stuff BBBH, all he had to do was go down holding his throat and feigning not being able to breath - the subsequent media reports and medical opinions (even though no damage done) about the danger would have left the AFL with no excuse but to ban BBBH permanently, the risk of that type of punch is that serious.

Barry Hall is a weak dog.

Punching players and kicking them while they were on the ground in the last qtr, Hall is a dog who should've gotten weeks.

Barry Hall is in the clear for his little tantrum against O'Brien. I think Barry showed commendable restraint while dealing with a tosser of immense proportions.

And Mooney is also safe, despite the MRP looking at his HUGE tantrum against Stevic. I think the entire AFL community (except Geelong fans) thinking you're a whiny little b**** is punishment enough. That goes double for Bomber.

But in all honesty, the MRP hasn't impacted the finals this week, which is all you can ask for really.

Can we next try for some sanity from the OP, who clearly believes that what he believes about the victims of misconduct on the football field should be a deciding factor in the suspension handed out?

Moron.

Harry mite be a bit of a knob but he is not even in the same universe as Hall
Dont have a problem with players getting into this weak cowards face

Good on ya Harry

BI think Barry showed commendable restraint while dealing with a tosser of immense proportions.
I dunno, I think i'd take a shot at Harry Obrian if I had the chance*...

* and was as big as BBBBH
Talk about tall poppy syndrome... The bloke uses his position in the public eye to try and make a difference in the world - Makes humanitarian trips to Africa, speaks in front of the UN...

Certainly sounds like a shit bloke to me :rolleyes:

How about Barry Hall pulling O'Brien's hair? Is that cool because Harry O'Brien's a better person than you are?

300_hall-300x0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no consistency at the MRP whatsoever. Chapman got pinged for his punch to Pickens chest a few weeks ago nad now has 97 hangover points because he took the guilty plea rather than miss a week. Hall's record is deplorable and should have got the same treatment as Chapman, both incidents were pretty similar,and with his record Hall should not be playing this week. The other inconsistency was the Keiran Jack tackle on Judd, Josh Hunt got two weeks (reduced to one )for his one on Waite and to me the Jack tackle had more malice and intent. Jack actually lifted Judd and drove him, if there weren't two actions there then how can they Justify the Hunt call. Its an absolute Joke, they need to review the whole process.
end of rant.

Let's look at this from an AFL promotional point of view....

Sydney playing Footscray - potentially poor crowd
Barry playing against his old team - few more people through the gates

Okay, I get it now :rolleyes:

Everyone knows Barry Hall is a ******* - this needs no debate.

What annoyed me the most was that Harry's hip and shoulder was a completely fair, completely within the rules thing to do - between shoulder and hip. A lot of players in the league get up, maybe a little push and shove and that's all, a few words maybe as well. Most get up and keep playing and seemingly never think about it again.

Barry, on the other hand, leaps to his feet like he has been the victim of some tremendous injustice, attacks Harry, pulls his hair, and then spends the next 5 mintues bitching and moaning to the umpires about how hard it is to be Barry Hall.

If he was not an AFL footballer he would be in jail for beating the crap out of some dude because they wanted to use the urinal next to him.

Yeah I don't get all the excuses made for him either. Provocation and retaliation has been part of the game for EVER.
If he (or Judd or anyone else) is dumb enough to get wound up, he should cop his just deserts.

Imo should never have even been cited. I'm not a Hall supporter by any means but I think there was bugger all in it. We see that kinda scruffle week in week out. It's only because it's bbbbh that there is any note taken.

If he were rubbed out for a week because of that then I'd have my doubts about our game. How soft are we getting!? And to start with, it has Harry who brought it to him!!!

I actually think Hall was really good to show some constraint when it mattered instead of puting little Harry on the deck.

Correct decision. A slap on the wrist and a talking to.

Suck it up mate. Barry will play another finals match this week (after destroying your club this year with a lazy 10 goals in two games) and you guys can have another circle jerk about how you have the best kids in the history of the game and your dynasty is about to begin. The chip on the shoulder of most North fans is getting bigger and bigger. How much did we beat your pre-dynasty by this year, a combined 141 points? oh my:eek:

It's got nothing to do with Bulldogs beating North, as you can see because other posters who follow other teams agree with me. Barry is a cowardly thug who for some reason thinks he suffers some sort of injustice when he gets the same treatment every forward does, and because of this, he likes to endanger people's lives by hitting them in the throat or the face.
He has the mental age of a five-year-old - if he wasn't so easy to rile up and put off his game, do you think anyone would do it?

But judging by your infantile response I don't think you understand coherent arguments - so I'll just type in your language:

As for the Bulldogs, what has two wins against the Roos got you this year? Nothing. Bulldogs are never gonna win the flag until they can beat the best teams, and North at the moment aren't of them. So sure, take your wins against the Roos and enjoy them like you won the flag, cause we both know the flag is not a possibility anymore.

And I'm gonna laugh my head off this weekend when the Bullflogs go out in straight sets and send your selfish, backstabbing skipper off with another disappointing, demoralising loss. Go Swans!

What annoyed me the most was that Harry's hip and shoulder was a completely fair, completely within the rules thing to do - between shoulder and hip. A lot of players in the league get up, maybe a little push and shove and that's all, a few words maybe as well. Most get up and keep playing and seemingly never think about it again.

Barry, on the other hand, leaps to his feet like he has been the victim of some tremendous injustice, attacks Harry, pulls his hair, and then spends the next 5 mintues bitching and moaning to the umpires about how hard it is to be Barry Hall.

If he was not an AFL footballer he would be in jail for beating the crap out of some dude because they wanted to use the urinal next to him.

Are you for real!?!?!? :eek:

It was well after the play and off the ball for mine. Barry had basically stopped running and was not braced and hero O-Brien comes from nowhere and taps him over. Barry was peeved that Harry thought he got one over him when in truth Harry just managed to get Barry off guard.

Harry and Barry... geez, it sounds like a gay love story!!! :p

Talk about tall poppy syndrome... The bloke uses his position in the public eye to try and make a difference in the world - Makes humanitarian trips to Africa, speaks in front of the UN...

Certainly sounds like a shit bloke to me :rolleyes:

How about Barry Hall pulling O'Brien's hair? Is that cool because Harry O'Brien's a better person than you are?

300_hall-300x0.jpg

If you go back and actually review the footage you'll see that Barry had a handful of Harry's jumper, not his hair!

Besides, Harry was the one getting in Barry's face saying '***king come on c***', what was he asking for? A cuddle?

And if you see the footage and pause it at the moment of impact when Harry lays the bump, the ball is at least 10 metres away...

Nothing much in it for mine.

As for the MRP and umpires, they are applying the laws in a very literal sense, but selectively. This is worse than what existed for generations prior to Demetriou/Anderson/Gieschen where grey areas existed but infringements near the bottom of the scale (e.g. Chapman punch, Mooney tackle) were customarily allowed to pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanity at last from the MRP!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back