Scanlon the saviour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of Kangaroo people believe he is about to emerge as the saviour of the club. I don't know the man and only know a little about him.
Anyone here know Scanlon and can let us know how passionate he is about the NMFC and whether you think the rumours are correct that he will lead the club after the coup?
Another tip over the last few days is that Duff will resign and Head take over for the short term.
Should I be full of anticipation about Scanlons rumoured role?

If you are interested in whether he is passionate about the NMFC the first step would be to look at last year's Year Book and see if he is a member of any of our Coteries. This is a reasonable indication for rich people re whether they are passionate supporters of the club.

I have last year's BRW charity issue which profiled Australia's top givers to not for profit organisations at home. PS was actually in the top 20 philanthropists in the country from memory and IIRC his "charity" position was higher than his "wealth" position. Always a good sign.

I can hunt down the details but the question you need to answer is what exactly are you after from a corporate white knight like this? Do you expect him to be a "chequebook savior" or the man who takes control of the place in an attempt to move it back to profitability using his (considerable) business acumen?

What we could really benefit from is someone approaching the club with a big sponsorship offer with a provision that the club revert to the North Melbourne name.

Ah, sweet dreams, almost as good as alcohol!

If you are interested in whether he is passionate about the NMFC the first step would be to look at last year's Year Book and see if he is a member of any of our Coteries. This is a reasonable indication for rich people re whether they are passionate supporters of the club.

I have last year's BRW charity issue which profiled Australia's top givers to not for profit organisations at home. PS was actually in the top 20 philanthropists in the country from memory and IIRC his "charity" position was higher than his "wealth" position. Always a good sign.

I can hunt down the details but the question you need to answer is what exactly are you after from a corporate white knight like this? Do you expect him to be a "chequebook savior" or the man who takes control of the place in an attempt to move it back to profitability using his (considerable) business acumen?

This is fantastic news!

Do you expect him to be a "chequebook savior" or the man who takes control of the place in an attempt to move it back to profitability using his (considerable) business acumen?

Exactly what Pratt is doing to Carlton.
He isnt necessarily throwing his money at their debt, but he is putting money into the key areas, and getting the best people. The rest takes care of itself.
Thats the type of person we need at North.

Bit of both. A Scanlon led board would give me some fair confidence that we would get things done. And I can't see him flinching at anything Demetriou of Gillian says or does. Demetriou would stutter in front of him - Ms. Gillian would undoubtedly faint (post the picture NorthBhoy).

My only concern is that I have no doubt he is hugely pragmatic. I would want his passion to be at a level that emotion would override the figures.

A footy club like ours can never be treated 100% like a business entity.
If it was, we would take the $50 Million and move.

He needs to have that irrational love for the club.

This would be too good to be true. It would be the sort of news that I'd compare (as dramatic as it sounds) to a birth of a child. Life changing for many many North supporters.

C'mon Peter, if you're thinking about it - just do it.

My understanding is that he is tied up in another 'Patricks' type waterfront deal offshore.

If that's true - I doubt he'd have the time to do anything meaningful - other than write us a cheque.

My understanding is that he is tied up in another 'Patricks' type waterfront deal offshore.

If that's true - I doubt he'd have the time to do anything meaningful - other than write us a cheque.

We'll take the cheque.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Duff steps down, then i'd be pretty much happy with ANYONE else replacing him right about now.

So Head gets Duff's job but once we discover that Head is the architect of the GC move and we have to tip him, who gets the Head job? :eek:

Plenty of Kangaroo people believe he is about to emerge as the saviour of the club. I don't know the man and only know a little about him.
Anyone here know Scanlon and can let us know how passionate he is about the NMFC and whether you think the rumours are correct that he will lead the club after the coup?
Another tip over the last few days is that Duff will resign and Head take over for the short term.
Should I be full of anticipation about Scanlons rumoured role?

Where are you getting this "Plenty of Kangaroo people believe he is about to emerge as the savior of the club"? Is it from posts on here? If so then it can be taken with a grain of salt. If not, give us a bit more detail, no need to name names. Your comment is a bit too vague.

Where are you getting this "Plenty of Kangaroo people believe he is about to emerge as the savior of the club"? Is it from posts on here? If so then it can be taken with a grain of salt. If not, give us a bit more detail, no need to name names. Your comment is a bit too vague.

Purely chat amongst people with connections to the club but from a few different angles. No proof - no facts to share - just heard it from a few different folk. Posted it here to se if we can flush out any facts. I did say his role is rumoured.

Exactly what Pratt is doing to Carlton.
He isnt necessarily throwing his money at their debt, but he is putting money into the key areas, and getting the best people. The rest takes care of itself.
Thats the type of person we need at North.

Collingwood addressed this in the 90s and by having people who can adopt the worlds best practices would definitely address the clubs financial and business position in the AFL.

This would deliver greater efficiency and improve our reputation throughout AFL circles.

Its about addressing problems with a long term vision not just some quick fix.

Therein lies the solution to our problems. Now that we have the solution, we need to work out how to implement it. Is Scanlon the man ? :thumbsu:

i dont know much about the guy but i have to say that surname is amazing.
yes sir i bet only super cool mega awesome people have that surname.

Collingwood addressed this in the 90s and by having people who can adopt the worlds best practices would definitely address the clubs financial and business position in the AFL.

This would deliver greater efficiency and improve our reputation throughout AFL circles.

Am i the only one who cringes when i hear this phrase?

We don't need 'worlds best practices'. We just need a board that is prepared to give it a go and make some simple but effective decisions that will get us 30,000 members in 2 years time - starting with changing the name back to North Melbourne.

Am i the only one who cringes when i hear this phrase?

We don't need 'worlds best practices'. We just need a board that is prepared to give it a go and make some simple but effective decisions that will get us 30,000 members in 2 years time - starting with changing the name back to North Melbourne.

You must agree that the club definitely needs to address how our clubs operations are run.

The clubs who are in a good position are run well off the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scanlon the saviour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back