Schoenmakers gets to have the final say

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a final though, and we all know what happens to Shoey in finals.

He is the biggest liability currently in your side, the problem that is him needs solving.

He is definately the biggest liability but he is a young kid and he really is the only one we have that can play that position (Gilham came off a knee reco and is no where near the form he should be in). In our best case scenario we would have another big key defender but we don't have that, circumstances mean that Schoey is our big key player.

He is a young player and I'm sure he will improve in the years to come, but I'm hoping that that improvement comes next week because we are going to need it.

I still don't understand why people like to hang shit on young players such as Watts, Schoey and as of yesterday Fasolo. They are 20-21 FFS give them a break.

I can't understand why Rivers isn't being link to the hawks would be a perfect fit for them atm/ next year. Is there enough room in their cap or is it pretty tight for the hawks atm.

I can't understand my Rivers isn't being link to the hawks would be a perfect fit for them atm/ next year. Is there enough room in their cap or is it pretty tight for the hawks atm.

Rivers should go to a club - Geelong or similar where he could truly be a 3rd tall defender and peel off

Hawks would put him on the gorillas

I can't understand my Rivers isn't being link to the hawks would be a perfect fit for them atm/ next year. Is there enough room in their cap or is it pretty tight for the hawks atm.
Rivers plays his best in a Gibson sorta role; peeling off his man and going 3rd man up to intercept/spoil opposition attacks. Isn't cut out for taking big forwards one on one.

Reid is a young beanpole and has barely fired a shot all year.

Mumford, Pyke aren't big goalkickers.

Goodes is the one most likely, but it depends how long he plays midfield. His radar is off as well for the set shot.

LRT is just a role player.

Need a Hawkins/Cloke/Walker type power forward to maul Shoe.
Gumby kicked 4 on him in a loss that was nearly a 100 points or was a 100 point loss can't remember

I almost cried when it looked like he'd directly cost us our second prelim in succession. Last year he was worse than Buddy's brilliance, so cost us the game. This year Rioli's magic just won out.

May well cost us the flag nest week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't usually like to insult opposition players but Schoenmakers is crap. I don't know why the Hawks keep persisting with him.
Quite simply, because they don't judge him solely on the bad games he has. He has actually been very good all year. Though, he seems to have lost all confidence the last two weeks. He is quite capable of playing much better footy than the shit he served up today. Just needs to get his head right (and hopefully very soon!).

Last quarter tackle on tippet(?) effectively won us the game
If anything was a match-winning tackle, it would be Stratts on Danger.

I can't understand why Rivers isn't being link to the hawks would be a perfect fit for them atm/ next year. Is there enough room in their cap or is it pretty tight for the hawks atm.
As pointed out, Rivers doesn't have the size.

Had five kicked on him in a half against Cloke on QB a year or two back, IIRC.

His game was fine.

That is our one potential weakness and luckily we are going to play the one team without the potential to exploit it. Even if Goodes pops up and take a couple of marks he aint going to kick them under pressure.

His game was fine.

That is our one potential weakness and luckily we are going to play the one team without the potential to exploit it. Even if Goodes pops up and take a couple of marks he aint going to kick them under pressure.
Are you insane his game was not fine he was given a bath today and while it doesn't matter to much as you guys won, he nearly cost you the game it was almost the 2011 prem all over again.

I think its funny that the Hawk's supporters on this board feel the necessity to stick up for Shoenmakers. He is clearly the weakest link in an otherwise outstanding team. Contrary to what the Shoenmakers Defence Team might tell us, he'd only get a game elsewhere for GWS and Gold Coast. Talk of him becoming a star or an AA is just Hawthorn fans living in denial. The guy is a total dud and everyone can see it except the Hawthorn diehards who instinctively think everyone to pull on the brown and gold is the next Leigh Matthews.

He'll probably go down as one of the weakest players ever to win a Premiership medal. Good luck to the kid. Fortunately for him the Hawks are that good they can carry him. However, it makes the centre clearances so crucial next week. If the Swans dominate them and isolote Shoenmakers one-out they might just have a chance at winning. Otherwise it will be the Hawks by about 40 after a tight first half.

As for tonight, two players nearly won the Crows through to the Grand Final against all odds. Patrick Dangerfield and Ryan Shoenmakers.

His game was fine.

What are you talking about he was destroyed. The reason it got so close despite the inside 50 discrepancy was because he and a few others got destroyed.

Sanderson coached very well in that respect, hope sydney were watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoenmakers gets to have the final say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back