Schulz or J.Riewoldt

Schulz or J.Riewoldt: Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Strictly adhering to the original question... Jay Schulz.

Schulz suits Port Adelaides "Never give up" mantra perfectly and I wouldn't swap him for any other key forward in the competition. Legit.

Jack and a few other tall forwards are more talented, yes. As another poster stated, people will vote against Jack because they don't like him.

Strictly adhering to the original question... Jay Schulz.

Schulz suits Port Adelaides "Never give up" mantra perfectly and I wouldn't swap him for any other key forward in the competition. Legit.

Jack and a few other tall forwards are more talented, yes. As another poster stated, people will vote against Jack because they don't like him.

You don't think nick riewoldt has a "never give up" attitude?

Your taking bias to a whole new level if you think Shultz fits in and performs at port better than any other key forward would.

Your taking bias to a whole new level if you think Shultz fits in and performs at port better than any other key forward would.

That's the worst thing I have read on this site. So every key forward in the comp would fit in at Port and play as well as Schulz? And before you say "I didn't say that", you clearly did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the worst thing I have read on this site. So every key forward in the comp would fit in at Port and play as well as Schulz? And before you say "I didn't say that", you clearly did.

No he said he would take Shultz over any key forward in the comp. I'm saying that's tripe. I have no idea how you got what you got out of my post.

No he said he would take Shultz over any key forward in the comp. I'm saying that's tripe. I have no idea how you got what you got out of my post.

He's allowed to say that. And if you'd seen much of Schulz at Port you'd understand why he has said it.

Tragic Sainter - Your taking bias to a whole new level if you think Shultz fits in and performs at port better than any other key forward would.
Can you walk me through that comment? So Beau Maister would fit in and perform at Port as well as Schulz has? Not that I have any against Maister. Has a crack.

He's allowed to say that. And if you'd seen much of Schulz at Port you'd understand why he has said it.

Tragic Sainter - Your taking bias to a whole new level if you think Shultz fits in and performs at port better than any other key forward would.
Can you walk me through that comment? So Beau Maister would fit in and perform at Port as well as Schulz has? Not that I have any against Maister. Has a crack.

I meant that that poster said that Shultz performs better at port than any key forward would. I refute that point. Whilst Shultz is good I think any of josh Kennedy, nick riewoldt, jack riewoldt, kurt tippet and buddy franklin would perform for port better. Particularly when you consider ports midfield dominance and the speed of which the ball gets in their forward line.

Perhaps I worded my post poorly but I don't see any other way in which I could of said it.

I assume you mean "Jack".

Schulz is great at leading by example. A super brave and respectable player and person. I said Jack had more talent. Jack may even kick more goals at times, but Ports culture at the moment is fantastic........

I think you put words in my mouth for some reason. Meh. This is all opinion anyway.

Schulz has gone missing against Geelong (9 disposals, 1 goal), Fremantle (5 disposals, 1.1) and Hawthorn (6 disposals, 1.0) in the last month. Riewoldt wasn't anything special but he at least had an impact in games against contenders Geelong (16 disposals, 2.1), Hawthorn (16 disposals, 2.3) and Collingwood (13 disposals, 2.2).

And before you go calling Riewoldt a minnow basher after today's game, take into account that Schulz has also beaten up on the exact same teams as Riewoldt. Here's a list of Schulz's games:

6 disposals, 1 goal vs Geelong (2nd)
9 disposals, 1 goal vs Hawthorn (3rd)
5 disposals, 1 goal vs Fremantle (7th)
9 disposals, 3 goals vs North (8th)
15 disposals, 2 goals vs West Coast (9th)
19 disposals, 3 goals vs Adelaide (10th)
15 disposals, 2 goals vs Carlton (14th)
12 disposals, 6 goals vs GWS Giants (17th)
12 disposals, 7 goals vs Brisbane (18th)

Riewoldt is, and always has been, better than Schulz.

Last edited:
Schulz has gone missing against Geelong (9 disposals, 1 goal), Fremantle (5 disposals, 1.1) and Hawthorn (6 disposals, 1.0) in the last month. Riewoldt wasn't anything special but he at last had an impact in games against contenders Geelong (16 disposals, 2.1), Hawthorn (16 disposals, 2.3) and Collingwood (13 disposals, 2.2).

And before you go calling Riewoldt a minnow basher after today's game, take into account that Schulz has also beaten up on the exact same teams as Riewoldt. Here's a list of Schulz's games:

/thread.

If Riewoldt had Schulz's personality and vice versa, this thread would not exist or it would have been laughed off the board.

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could make a coherent argument for Schulz. I'm not saying that because Jack dined out on GWS (Schulz did the same against Brisbane and GWS)

Jack has been below par this year, but managed to kick 6 goals against the 'contenders' (Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood) so far in three games. Schulz has also played three games against the better teams (Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle), and has kicked three. And it's not like Schulz has made some profound impact other than that. He collected 20 touches, 8 marks and one behind COMBINED in these three games. By contrast Jack managed 45 disposals, 16 marks and 6 behinds. That's AT LEAST a 200% increase in all of these areas against the better teams despite Jack having a season universally described as 'poor' and Schulz having one universally described as 'outstanding'.

Not only does Jack have the 'per game' upper hand on Schulz in almost all areas important to a KPF, he has done substantially better against the good teams despite losing all three games (2 of them by 39 and 66 points respectively). Add to that Riewoldt has had a substantially better career and is younger than Schulz.

Jack is a very good player having a below par season in a poor team.

Schulz is an average player, having an average season in a good team.

Schulz has gone missing against Geelong (9 disposals, 1 goal), Fremantle (5 disposals, 1.1) and Hawthorn (6 disposals, 1.0) in the last month. Riewoldt wasn't anything special but he at least had an impact in games against contenders Geelong (16 disposals, 2.1), Hawthorn (16 disposals, 2.3) and Collingwood (13 disposals, 2.2).

Just to clear one thing up. Riewoldt had NO influence against Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Schulz or J.Riewoldt

Back