Scotch First XVIII 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe the pitches cause theres no grass on them....im not quite sure about that one tho, yet im certain about the grass. the salinity levels are too high which kill the grass.

Well were watering it on our around our turf anf it seems perfect. but u guys are watering it everywhere wasting water that u guys dont need cause it wont help u play footy

looking at your team i rekon only 3-4 may have made our team, and that is a maybe, so stop waiting for the season just piss off

Scotch 2nds 2007
Coach: Rev Watson ? Mr Burns?

(CHANGE OF TOPIC)

FB: HAYS FEKETE S-PAYNE
HBF: FORBES LINDSAY O'SHANESSY
C: LONG HUNT MACFARLANE
HFF: BULL WILKO MERCER
FF: M.DAVIS POWELL SOFO
R: SYME HUMMERSTON HAY
INT: MOE FOO SMITH NUNN

not a bad list first up. but davis as full forward??? powell would b more suitable with max as a crummer. also a bit more height in the forward line would be good. i think hummer will b in and out of the ones also

Now you have to make a 1st xviii that does not have any of those players kickit, can i have ur top 21

Scotch 1st without those players:

FB: WHITELAW JOHNS BURDGERS
HBF: C.RIOLI STRANGE STRAUSS
C: HILL BOWDEN WHITE
HFF: PARISI PRICE LIM
F: S.RIOLI PERRY FUREY
R: CLUNE EARLE DAVIS
INT: SH.RIOLI PATO (HUMMERSTON, BULL, HUNT???)

not a bad list first up. but davis as full forward??? powell would b more suitable with max as a crummer. also a bit more height in the forward line would be good. i think hummer will b in and out of the ones also

YEAH MY MISTAKE ITS RIGHT NOW

Prospective First Team

FB: Powell S-PAyne (beefed up) Fekete

HB: Earle O 'Shannessy ????

C: Hill Hay Bull

HF: Forbes Strauchnie McFarlane

FF: Hunt MOE Long

R: Syme Danger (overdose of sausage rolls wont slow this machine down ) Davis

Water Boys: Dungey and Perry Reiter

Who would be back flanker in this all star line-up???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note though...

Strauss: Flawless
Bull: Can definitely make it; skills are among the best; don't be deceivedby his size.
Earle: Great year last year. Will play in backline once again, keeping it together.
Hill: Has the brain, the speed, and strength, and height; only flaw is kicking, can be unpredictable
J.Rioli: .......
Parisi: seized his chance in the ones last year, not right for a ket position but will either play vital roles on the wing, in the centre and as a tall forward. We expect that he's good and beffed up but will we ever see this guy train with us?
White: Would've played ones last year had it not been due to illness in Tiwi. His massive calves will provide extra support in his role as a back flanker or midfielder. Delivery is questionable.
Strange: Stacked on the kilos but beep test shows otherwise. Very strong and has the brains, sometimes is too complacent though. FF, CHB or FB
Bowden: Massive for a small midfielder, will run all day. Delivery is also a weakness, however his ability to find the ball is exceptional.
Price: Bulked up and has experience from last year. Fitness is an issue. Will play either CHF or FF.
Lim: Extremely talented footy player; bulked up and has terrific delivery. Could play in the midfield, but is better suited to the forward flank.
S.Rioli: Fitness is this kids biggest problem. Brilliant
Sh.Rioli: will will find out soon enough
Pato: great skills, great girl, not so great intlligence, is involved with the boxing and weights programs, but toughness is an issue. Suited to the wing. May be in and out of the team, probably a bench player though.
Big Dog Woody: Solid
Strauchnie: dreamin
Hunt: good skills, bigger, chance
Perry: Has this kid grown or what? Great pair of hands. Expect Holding to play him at full forward
Clunes: Looks good and plays with knights or whoever
Syme: Rowing has meant that his skills have dropped completely. Clunes' inclusion has made it extremely tough for this gentle giant. Fitness not an issue after rowing season (better not lose, blame it on stuz if u do)
Wolfe: Been pumping iron. Waterboy
Hay: ****house skills, looks hot, best beep test but i dont think so
Long: has a long wait
O 'Shannesy:no
Mitch Woods: talented kid. ???? Maybe
Burgess: ON steriods, hes gotta be. Maybe
Johns: Yes, ferocious when he's not playing to bloody saxophone. Full Back or CHB
Fekete: Skills need refining. Pace and strength. Maybe not
Sofo: clueless, good skills and pace but will not play this year
Hummerston: Great chance, bench maybe
Furey: in the team from the beginning, this kid had talent. Forward Pocket or bench

Anyone else? Anyone disagree?

On a serious note though...

Strauss: Flawless
Bull: Can definitely make it; skills are among the best; don't be deceivedby his size.
Earle: Great year last year. Will play in backline once again, keeping it together.
Hill: Has the brain, the speed, and strength, and height; only flaw is kicking, can be unpredictable
J.Rioli: .......
Parisi: seized his chance in the ones last year, not right for a ket position but will either play vital roles on the wing, in the centre and as a tall forward. We expect that he's good and beffed up but will we ever see this guy train with us?
White: Would've played ones last year had it not been due to illness in Tiwi. His massive calves will provide extra support in his role as a back flanker or midfielder. Delivery is questionable.
Strange: Stacked on the kilos but beep test shows otherwise. Very strong and has the brains, sometimes is too complacent though. FF, CHB or FB
Bowden: Massive for a small midfielder, will run all day. Delivery is also a weakness, however his ability to find the ball is exceptional.
Price: Bulked up and has experience from last year. Fitness is an issue. Will play either CHF or FF.
Lim: Extremely talented footy player; bulked up and has terrific delivery. Could play in the midfield, but is better suited to the forward flank.
S.Rioli: Fitness is this kids biggest problem. Brilliant
Sh.Rioli: will will find out soon enough
Pato: great skills, great girl, not so great intlligence, is involved with the boxing and weights programs, but toughness is an issue. Suited to the wing. May be in and out of the team, probably a bench player though.
Big Dog Woody: Solid
Strauchnie: dreamin
Hunt: good skills, bigger, chance
Perry: Has this kid grown or what? Great pair of hands. Expect Holding to play him at full forward
Clunes: Looks good and plays with knights or whoever
Syme: Rowing has meant that his skills have dropped completely. Clunes' inclusion has made it extremely tough for this gentle giant. Fitness not an issue after rowing season (better not lose, blame it on stuz if u do)
Wolfe: Been pumping iron. Waterboy
Hay: ****house skills, looks hot, best beep test but i dont think so
Long: has a long wait
O 'Shannesy:no
Mitch Woods: talented kid. ???? Maybe
Burgess: ON steriods, hes gotta be. Maybe
Johns: Yes, ferocious when he's not playing to bloody saxophone. Full Back or CHB
Fekete: Skills need refining. Pace and strength. Maybe not
Sofo: clueless, good skills and pace but will not play this year
Hummerston: Great chance, bench maybe
Furey: in the team from the beginning, this kid had talent. Forward Pocket or bench

Anyone else? Anyone disagree?

Scotch 1st without those players:

FB: WHITELAW JOHNS BURDGERS
HBF: C.RIOLI STRANGE STRAUSS
C: HILL BOWDEN WHITE
HFF: PARISI PRICE LIM
F: S.RIOLI PERRY FUREY
R: CLUNE EARLE DAVIS
INT: SH.RIOLI PATO (HUMMERSTON, BULL, HUNT???)

Is That Burdgers as in yr 10 burdgers? anyone else's opions on this boy, I heard he wasn't upto to standard.

Stickynikki that is a great run down on the players. i think i would like to hear about the key players a bit more, like the players playing in key positions and players like davis who i havent heard much about but is an ecceptional talent, give me a deeper run down on the spine and midfilders, where the game is played.

Mate hav u seen the first squad u dont have to be einstein to figure out that there are many **** players playing so are u saying they are close

Yeh but so is mitch woods. There are plenty of bigger back pocket players in the squad. So he is bigger then most in his year by a country mile and maybe has good skills, helping dominate his yr but I don't think he will cut firsts.

U got it Footy,

midfield will consist of definitely james bowden; the midfield is a long way from being cemented though which could be a problem. Midfielders could be Earle, J.Rioli, Davis, Lim, Strauss and even Bull (when he gets his chance). Spine will look like this, i predict

Full Back: Johns/ Strange CHB: Strange (alhough he doesnt have the pace)
Centre: Bowden CHF: Price FF:perry

Scotch are definitely lacking key backmen this year and could prove costly

Mate hav u seen the first squad u dont have to be einstein to figure out that there are many **** players playing so are u saying they are close

No, Mitch Woods and Burgess more of a chance because they are in year 10, hence they actually have talent. The coaches wouldnt of included them if they didnt. And dont worry, the group will be condensed soon enough

Full Back: Johns/ Strange CHB: Strange (alhough he doesnt have the pace)
Centre: Bowden CHF: Price FF:perry

yeah that seems ok but dont u think that price may be a bit far out as his beep test shows his lack in fitness, although he looks it, and perry seems to be the one for that position, and what about johns, hes only about 5"8' not tall enough

Im pretty sure i know who and when it is going to be, but i dont think they will be up to it, burgess has strenght at a 10's level but that step up to 1sts is major. he needs to be stronger than he is because he needs to make up for his brain and his skill. maybe tho maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch First XVIII 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back