Scotch v Haileybury. The decider

Remove this Banner Ad

theoffie said:
ok, the scotch hail game is going to be an absolute, outright ripper. Scotch will win it too. Not because im biased. but how much does haileybury mean to those sport scholars (and im sure there aren't as many as everyone says)? can they say that they have an intense pride for their team and school, or is it just another stepping stone towards being drafted for them? For the scotch guys, i know for a fact that every single individual would give everything they had for their team mates and school. They will be fired up beyond belief, and without exaggerating, their form is above description

geeze and you say your not biases. You have no idea how the game will go because all you are writting about is how your team would die for each other. But have you ever been to a Hail training session, have you ever spoken too any of the blokes? you have no clue and i know for a fact that the guys that go to Hail on a scholarships want to play for the school and want to do their best. You havent watched the intensity that they train or play at and the desire to play every Sat for the school. They know that they can go back to the TAC cup and play after the schools finished. So at the moment all they are concentrating and putting their efforts into the school. When you write sumthing like that Offie at least have sum evidence as too what you are writing on.

The game will b close but the bloods will most likely come out on top cos of the pure talent and team work that they produce. Just ask the schools that we have played so far. :rolleyes:

I believe that Haileybury are by far the best team and will comprehensibly beat Scotch in the match you are all hailing as the match of the year. Everybody says that Haileybury have no heart and that Scotch play for the school, well this is a load of crap. All the boys in Haileyburys first believe that they have been given a great oppurtunity and are proud of their school (they are also definitely no soft because they all play TAC Cup) and u can't be a soft ******** to play that.

My final prediction
Haileybury 14.12.96
Scotch 10.10 70

Aps Team Of 2005

Anyone wanna take a shot at naming the APS team this year to verse AGS,
a lot of very good players playing this year and will be a avery hard job.
So far you would have to throw in the mix Aaron Murray (haileybury), Anthony Raso (haileybury) Tory Dickson (Haileybury), Chris Cain ( St Kevins), Rob Eddy (Caulfield), Andrew Ainger (Scotch), Nick Smith (Scotch), Tom Hawkins (Melbourne), Josh Kennedy (Xavier), James Magner (haileybury), Andrew Mcguinness (Brighton) thats all that i can remember so far, but everyone else add your comments and we'll try and get a dream team up and going and see if it matches the final team at the end of 2005!!!!!!

The Haileybury football squad is the closest group of MATES i have ever played in. Everyone gets along real well, and dispite what those Xavier tools were saying about how we dont even know each others name or whateva, we are one of, if not the closest groups in the APS. And this TEAM is going to wipe the floor with ALL opposition this year, including Scotch. Just because you might die for each other boys, wont win you a footy game.
Go Bloods

Come on boys keep talking up this game, interested about what everyone has to say about it, should be a great game, but i think the class of Haileybury will be too strong and the fat full forward from scotch will be kept to no goals.

i couldn't agree more there full forward will be lucky to get a kick let alone a goal! he is a mess the full forward from scotch he will defendly be kept to 0 goals

Wizzfizz said:
Yer i agree jimbo, someone should recomend weight watchers or sumthing.....poor guy.

Yep definitely agrree the full forward of scotch is a fat mother ********er and really doesnt deserve to be in a good team such as scotch is. He needs to learn no to eat 32 pies after a game and leanr to get a kick and kick some goals

scotch's FF has kicked more goals this season than the top 3 goalkickers combined at skevies has this season to date

hodgey111 said:
scotch's FF has kicked more goals this season than the top 3 goalkickers combined at skevies has this season to date

So he must have kicked the majority of Scotchs goals, Skevies have that many options up foward they are not always going to one person. So probs the reason there goals are spread amongst a variety of players.

So are you saying if scotchs FF is stopped then they are in trouble??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cfc05 said:
So he must have kicked the majority of Scotchs goals, Skevies have that many options up foward they are not always going to one person. So probs the reason there goals are spread amongst a variety of players.

So are you saying if scotchs FF is stopped then they are in trouble??

no. scotch have a greater spread of goalkickers who kick more goals than stkevins. MORE goalkickers who kick MORE goals. hence why stkevins have kicked about 30 goals less than scotch season to date. you'll struggle this week buddy prob time to shut your ********n ********-sucking mouth cuz you cant talk st kevins up when all they do is ******** each other over wanting to be as good as the catholics up glenferrie rd in kew

This Game is going 2 be easily the best game of the season:

Key Match ups:
Jacobs
Chadwick

Ainger
Raso

Sheetzy
Murray

Johnsey
Dickson

And Midfield Battles Between:
Scotch
Smith
Djerrkura
Rattray
Davis

And Hail
Magner?????????
Flemming
Plymin

Who could possible pick a winner?

footystar said:

Key Match ups:
Jacobs
Chadwick

Ainger
Raso

Sheetzy
Murray

Johnsey
Dickson

Scotch
Smith
Djerrkura
Rattray
Davis

And Hail
Magner?????????
Flemming
Plymin

I can, my mate Chris Casey recons Haileybury will win by about 25 points.

footystar said:

Key Match ups:
Jacobs
Chadwick

Ainger
Raso

Sheetzy
Murray

Johnsey
Dickson

Scotch
Smith
Djerrkura
Rattray
Davis

And Hail
Magner?????????
Flemming
Plymin

I could pick a winner, Haileybury will win hands down, even though like majority of them are on scholarship, you cant forget, they are an awesome side. Scotch have alot of determination, skill and sprit, but your cant match Haileybury's game, they are unstoppable.

Prediction: Haileybury by 5-6 goals

Djerrkura
Rattray
Davis
who are these kids?surely they could not contend with the all conqering. fleming absolute star and has been in best players just about every game haileyburys played in the last two years
plymin the big bodied midfielder who cannot be matched up, kid will run all day, very consistent.
and magner who has only played one game with haileybury since year 10?whats going on with this kid, probably the weak link in the midfield

dirtycat23 said:
magner who has only played one game with haileybury since year 10?whats going on with this kid, probably the weak link in the midfield

Magner the weak link? Are you on drugs kids or is you face just ********ed up. Although flemming and plymin are guns magner was vic metro until he broke his thumb and would have been a certain starter. To call magner weak is a joke. Would knock you head off mate.

bazlik said:
The Haileybury football squad is the closest group of MATES i have ever played in. Everyone gets along real well, and dispite what those Xavier tools were saying about how we dont even know each others name or whateva, we are one of, if not the closest groups in the APS. And this TEAM is going to wipe the floor with ALL opposition this year, including Scotch. Just because you might die for each other boys, wont win you a footy game.
Go Bloods
stupid,, cause clearly your not the closest group.. most other schools are playing with mated they have known their entire life....

Anyway, as much as i hate to say it, Haileybury will absoloutely, comprehensively, destroy scotch - who are no where near as good as they think they are. I honestly believe if Scotch lose by under 40 points they should be proud of their efforts. Scotch think their the best only because you beat xavier when xavier was at their worst (if only that match could be played again).. Scotchies i cant wait for you to be PUMPED by a team so much better than you, and put your arrogant ********er school back into place

Skevies said:
Come on boys keep talking up this game, interested about what everyone has to say about it, should be a great game, but i think the class of Haileybury will be too strong and the fat full forward from scotch will be kept to no goals.

Have seen all the GGS games for the last 5 years so I can only comment on the teams I have seen and compare them below against the last 5 years' APS teams:

WC - the worst WC football team in 40 years.

St.K - a below average St.K team that would be beaten by any of the previous St.K teams of the last 5 years.

CG - an even and average APS team that would be competitive with CG teams of the last 5 years. Better in the dry than wet which is a measure that their foot and hand skills as a team may be good but not excellent.

SC - a very even and good APS team but has no special physical presence and plays well against less capable teams when their players can take time to make good passes to Jacobs at full forward. He has the strongest pair of hands I have seen in the last 5 years of APS football. However, when under pressure the SC players delivery to him is poor and he is ineffective once the ball hits the ground. SC would rank about 12th - 15th of best APS team over the last 5 years.

MGS - a very even and good average aps team. More physical than SC. Similar ranking to SC. Saw quite a few cheap shots off the ball by MGS boys on Saturday, not sure whether that was because they play like that or whether it was because their were 3 AFL scouts at the game.

HC - the best APS team of the last 5 years, full stop. The players are as skillful by foot and hand whether or not they are under pressure and in dry or wet.

dirtycat23 said:
magner who has only played one game with haileybury since year 10?whats going on with this kid, probably the weak link in the midfield

Yeh that magner kid, heard his an absolute beast, benches like 125kg. plays stingrays yeh, JUMPER NO 23.....lol..... good footballer, saw him play once, tore things apart. He needs to play more aps games, the kid would rip it up. I think i heard his injured though.

oldfart said:
Have seen all the GGS games for the last 5 years so I can only comment on the teams I have seen and compare them below against the last 5 years' APS teams:

WC - the worst WC football team in 40 years.

St.K - a below average St.K team that would be beaten by any of the previous St.K teams of the last 5 years.

CG - an even and average APS team that would be competitive with CG teams of the last 5 years. Better in the dry than wet which is a measure that their foot and hand skills as a team may be good but not excellent.

SC - a very even and good APS team but has no special physical presence and plays well against less capable teams when their players can take time to make good passes to Jacobs at full forward. He has the strongest pair of hands I have seen in the last 5 years of APS football. However, when under pressure the SC players delivery to him is poor and he is ineffective once the ball hits the ground. SC would rank about 12th - 15th of best APS team over the last 5 years.

MGS - a very even and good average aps team. More physical than SC. Similar ranking to SC. Saw quite a few cheap shots off the ball by MGS boys on Saturday, not sure whether that was because they play like that or whether it was because their were 3 AFL scouts at the game.

HC - the best APS team of the last 5 years, full stop. The players are as skillful by foot and hand whether or not they are under pressure and in dry or wet.

You must be kidding......didnt you see the Scotch v Skevvies game on Saturday, great game and Skevvies unlucky to lose in the end.............certainly had Scotch worried

johnodicko said:
You must be kidding......didnt you see the Scotch v Skevvies game on Saturday, great game and Skevvies unlucky to lose in the end.............certainly had Scotch worried

I was watching the GGS vs MGS game on Saturday so I did not have a chance to watch the SC vs St.K game. I am not surprised that St.K went close because the SC boys delivery is not so good when they are under pressure. But that does not mean the St.K team is either a bad team or that it is better than St.K teams of the last 5 years. I see them only once a year and I have seen them in each of the last 5 years. You should not get offended. Remember also that, apart for HC, this year's APS competition is weaker that 2002 and 2003 where the overall standard was a lot higher. In each of those years there were at least 3 teams that were quite a lot better than this year's SC team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch v Haileybury. The decider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back